J&D1008

February 2021 K1 Filers

834 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 6:40 AM, Mademoiselle7 said:

When is a good time to notify USCIS about employment status change? 

I will no longer be working at the job that is on my application,

however I would like to notify them once I am able to put a new job on file, which would be in the next two months. 

Anyone ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, OverThePond said:

Still nothing back on our case... Wondering what we should do... 

Guess you can be only more patient or maybe call USCIS to mention your worries and current situation. 

Whenever you call them, provide them any information of payment you did. I dont exactly remember if you said they cashed out or not, but any reference could be good.

• Live Assistance—You may have to wait to speak to a representative by phone. Please try our online tools first. If you want to speak to someone and your issue cannot be resolved right away, your request will be sent to an Immigration Services Officer. We will send you an email to confirm your request and give an estimate when we will contact you.

Our toll free number is 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833) and our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.

• Outside the U.S? Call 212-620-3418

https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our case came back to us as invalid due to the money order apparently being expired!? We remade the money order and sent it today and also included the E notification slip... time to wait... again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
29 minutes ago, OverThePond said:

Our case came back to us as invalid due to the money order apparently being expired!? We remade the money order and sent it today and also included the E notification slip... time to wait... again. 

As this might not sound good, take it with a positive mindset.  Most of the March filers are getting their NOA-1 within a few weeks instead of a couple months.  So yeah, you might be set back 2 months with your initial receipt date, but at least you will receive your NOA-1 sooner than before.  

Stay positive.

Edited by Keithn85
forgot "not" in first line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick question about the timeline estimates that VisaJourney gives you on your timeline: is the "adjudicated between" statement the estimate of when we will have visa in hand or when the NOA2 will come? For example my timeline says this: Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between September 25, 2021 and October 6, 2021*.

Edited by BadenErb

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, BadenErb said:

Quick question about the timeline estimates the VisaJourney gives you on your timeline: is the "adjudicated between" statement the estimate of when we will have visa in hand or when the NOA2 will come? For example my timeline says this: Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between September 25, 2021 and October 6, 2021*.

NOA2 I'm fairly sure 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/8/2021 at 10:29 PM, Gail and Derrick said:

Looks like I need to revise my estimate. Despite assigning a whopping 3000+ WAC numbers between Thursday night and Sunday (note, this was a mix of everything) January must have been a huge month for applications because they're still on January 15th! I had hoped January would go as fast as December did but that's not the case so hoping to see the first half of February by the weekend or this time next week. 

Jan 15th received date here, no news yet! 

On 6/2/2021 at 1:55 AM, OverThePond said:

Anyone received their NOA2 yet?

If you try go search back on the WAC numbers. It looks like Oct and Nov 2020 filers are getting their NOA2/RFE recently. That's California service center though. So for us we'll probably hear from them around August or October. So I'm praying we get it done within this year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
On 6/2/2021 at 1:55 AM, OverThePond said:

Anyone received their NOA2 yet?

Your NOA-2 should be the received date of February not when you received the hard copy. Also, as someone else mentioned they are working on october/november "received dates." February will probably be sometime in august or September. Then unfortunately, we have the wait with NVC and the dreaded consulate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.