J&D1008

February 2021 K1 Filers

834 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, OverThePond said:

So I'm a little worried.

My packet was received April 20th. It feels like it's taking too long.
Is our "Evidence" Is going to expire? Because my fiancé and I last saw eachother in person was Jan 6th 2020 and that's when we took some last minute photos together.

ps. God I miss him so much... I wish I was able to travel to the US again to see him...

I have the same doubt the last time I saw my fiance was in March 2020 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, OverThePond said:

So I'm a little worried.

Is our "Evidence" Is going to expire? Because my fiancé and I last saw eachother in person was Jan 6th 2020 and that's when we took some last minute photos together.

ps. God I miss him so much... I wish I was able to travel to the US again to see him...

Was your packed "received" in April? Your timeline says you sent in February. So your NOA-1 should be sometime in February regardless of when they sent you the letter. 

And your evidence is not going to expire. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, OverThePond said:

So I'm a little worried.

Feel you! Don’t need to worry since 2 years meeting requirement is when u filed ur petition. You are good. 
We decided to meet in Mexico 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Was your packed "received" in April? Your timeline says you sent in February. So your NOA-1 should be sometime in February regardless of when they sent you the letter. 

And your evidence is not going to expire. 

yes. 

"On April 20, 2021, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)"

Already had " the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case"  back confirming it. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, OverThePond said:

yes. 

"On April 20, 2021, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)"

Already had " the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case"  back confirming it. 

Wow okay! i understand... at this point its just a waiting game. 

Timeline

Hello February fillers , your thoughts on having your spouse here before the end of the year? What’s the likelihood ?

I keep looking at the estimated approval date (which means NOA 2 approval, I’m assuming) which fluctuates between the middle towards ending of September to October.

Then I’m thinking things shouldn’t take too long after the NOA 2 which should round near the end of the year. 

Your thoughts 

Timeline

It all depends on which embassy you’re going through. It’s a possibility for some. Moscow is closed so I don’t know where I’ll get my fiancé interviewed, let alone here by the end of the year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Wow okay! i understand... at this point its just a waiting game. 

Really stinks :( ...  I hope it's by new years, but looking doubtful

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mademoiselle7 said:

Hello February fillers , your thoughts on having your spouse here before the end of the year? What’s the likelihood ?

I keep looking at the estimated approval date (which means NOA 2 approval, I’m assuming) which fluctuates between the middle towards ending of September to October.

Then I’m thinking things shouldn’t take too long after the NOA 2 which should round near the end of the year. 

Your thoughts 

Hopefully, the embassy in Liberia is backed up. I've talked to a couple of filers from Liberia on the K1 facebook group who were already approved but are still waiting for there case to be sent to the embassy for interview.  

On 8/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mademoiselle7 said:

Your thoughts 

Yea I don't think I'll be over by the end of the year. I'd just be happy at this rate if they open the border to allow people to actually travel. Last saw her Dec 2019 and to be honest it really gets me down having not seen her in ages. Fingers crossed for everyone!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Stay hopeful everyone! Our faith in the things yet unseen is how we make it through this.

On Facebook, there was a couple who received NOA1: 02/12/21 and got their NOA2: 08/06/21.  

It will start slow, but I have faith and been staring at the USCIS case numbers and think while it will feel random it will be soon!!

Maybe it will make sense now to get familiar with what happens after this, what’s the next step after NOA2?

30 minutes ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Stay hopeful everyone! Our faith in the things yet unseen is how we make it through this.

On Facebook, there was a couple who received NOA1: 02/12/21 and got their NOA2: 08/06/21.  

It will start slow, but I have faith and been staring at the USCIS case numbers and think while it will feel random it will be soon!!

Maybe it will make sense now to get familiar with what happens after this, what’s the next step after NOA2?

Are you sure their real NOA1 was on February???

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Patou & Kashou said:

They had pretty different journey. They got their files denied because of wrong payment or smth and then resubmitted in February. And u think this is the case since they maybe somehow stayed in uscis system. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ayda and Jad said:

We filled in January ,2021and received our NOA1 February 8 2021We are still patiently waiting for our NOA2 . Has anyone seen any updates in their case? Anyone with same NOA1 time frame. 

What is ur “recurved” date? I guess sometime in January. So u r in January filers. And fortunately there is movement already in this group!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.