Sarge2155

February 2021 - AOS Filers

686 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Hickory1989 said:

How? What do I need to input to get the case number? Can I also get the case numbers for 765 and 131?

Yes, I am aware of people retrieving different case numbers related to their AOS package.

Try this algorithm (copied from other forum):

1) Type "Live Agent"
2) select "green card"
3) select "connect to live chat"
4) Thanks! Do you currently have an application or case on file with USCIS? select "Yes"
5) Select "I don't have a receipt number."
It will ask, type your question. I did: "Help finding my I-485 receipt numbers."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone,

a new round of waiting.

my first AoS was rejected because I-485 had some missing information and also I-944( wasn’t filled with I-485)

so my new case was received on March 16th, waiting for a new notification.

good luck to everyone!!

9 minutes ago, Diamda2005 said:

Hello everyone,

a new round of waiting.

my first AoS was rejected because I-485 had some missing information and also I-944( wasn’t filled with I-485)

so my new case was received on March 16th, waiting for a new notification.

good luck to everyone!!

Had they mentioned the mistakes you made in your first application? Or you found out what you need to correct?  Can you tell what were the mistakes? 🙈 tks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Had they mentioned the mistakes you made in your first application? Or you found out what you need to correct?  Can you tell what were the mistakes? 🙈 tks

On February 25, 2021, we rejected your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxx, because it was not filed correctly. We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials and fee. 

They didn’t say what is wrong they just sent the notice saying is incomplete and i reprinted everything and filled all the spots and where i did not had to fill up i put N/A.

i hope this time to be ok, i even put by mistake on one of the page where is supposed the officer to sign, i was looking one more time before to send it, i have seen an empty spot and i put N/A, luckily my husband was there and he was you don’t need to fill that box 🤭🤭🤭🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by Diamda2005

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Concurrent filing of I-130/I-485 delivered on 2/20/2021 by USPS to Chicago Lockbox. Delivered on a Saturday.. ~10 days after it was dropped off at the post office. Would have been much sooner had we used a private courier. Hoping our credit card is charged soon. It’s been 4 weeks, but who’s counting? F-1 married to USC

Update here! I received 3 texts for my I-485/I-765/I-131 case numbers yesterday. Here is the timeframe so far: 

08/31/2020 : NIW EB-2 I-140 received by TSC.

09/09/2020: Received Text message for I-140

09/13/2020: I-140 receipt arrived

02/06/2021 : I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent to TSC.

02/08/2021: Package was received by USCIS

03/17/2021: The $1225 check was cashed

03/21/2021: Texts received. USCIS Transferred my package to National Benefits Center, MO.

Per the texts:

02/08/2021: I-765 & I-131 received by USCIS for processing

03/17/2021: I-485 received by USCIS, case status says fingerprint fee was received.

Fingers crossed!!! Can't wait to see my family this summer/fall after 2 years. Sad to know my STEM OPT will get cancelled.

Edited by Hickory1989

42 minutes ago, E&W said:

Received text messages with the receipt numbers on Thursday, so far so good!

Very good outstanding.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
45 minutes ago, E&W said:

Received text messages with the receipt numbers on Thursday, so far so good!

Congratulations on the update! Do you know when you ended up being charged the filing fees ? We used credit card with two forms for G-1450 ($1225 and $535). Need some info to cope with this ~30 day wait time so far :’) Also a bit nervous at the fact that our application was delivered via USPS certified mail to the lockbox at 4 AM on a Saturday morning weeks ago... kind of odd, no? 

Timeline

Welp this forum must be a good luck charm. Post and you shall receive ;D Card got charged tonight! 

Adjustment of Status (F-1 married to USC):

02/20/2021: USPS delivered to Chicago Lockbox (I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765)

03/23/2021: Pending credit card charges (Two G-1450 Forms: $535 and $1225) 

Thank you guys for sharing your timelines! Looking to spread some hope with this as well! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Panda678 said:

Welp this forum must be a good luck charm. Post and you shall receive ;D Card got charged tonight! 

Thank you guys for sharing your timelines! Looking to spread some hope with this as well! 

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, Panda678 said:

I guess I'll post for good luck :( 

USCIS received our AOS packet on 02/27 and our checks haven't been cashed. Only a week behind you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

So apparently only my fiancee's packet was accepted.  Her child's packet was sent back to us and rejected because they "could not verify priority date".  My understanding was the K2 piggy backs off of the principal, but we could file them together.  Basically what they returned to us says we need the copy of the principal's I-797 and send back.  So it's like we can't file them together.  From looking at the receipt numbers it seems they started on the child's first and of course didn't see the principal yet since that one wasn't started yet.  The separate packets were in the same FedEx package together.  IDK, seems strange to me.  I suppose we need to wait for my fiancee's receipt info and then send back the child's and it should be fine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.