Sarge2155

February 2021 - AOS Filers

686 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 11:32 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Hard to tell, it really depends on who is looking at it and how they feel that particular day! Hopefully you'll be OK you just have to wait and see.

I was looking on mine the other day, and i notice same that i let some of the box empty.

And i was wondering same if it will be an issue 

1 hour ago, U2k said:

Hi guys.  I sent my AOS on Feb 22, arrived in Chicago USPS on February 24th. It hasn't been delivered to USCIS:( opened service ticket with USPS, they cant locate my package, and said to check later for update. What do I do? 🤧

Hopefully you made an extra copy. You'll just have to wait a bit for USPS to  locate it. If they can't  stop payment on the check resubmit but use FEDEX! But you'll want to wait  several weeks first.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

9 minutes ago, Diamda2005 said:

I was looking on mine the other day, and i notice same that i let some of the box empty.

And i was wondering same if it will be an issue 

Same thing I told the other poster applies to you also.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Same thing I told the other poster applies to you also.

I just received all the package back 

I didn’t know i need to submit I-944 and/ or I-864/I-864EZ.

i found this forum way to late, after i read around i found out about the formI-944.

4 minutes ago, Diamda2005 said:

I just received all the package back 

I didn’t know i need to submit I-944 and/ or I-864/I-864EZ.

i found this forum way to late, after i read around i found out about the formI-944.

Ahh yes for now you need to submit the I-944 with all the supporting documents.  It's  quite a troublesome form. All you can do is prepare the form and send in your packet again.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Ahh yes for now you need to submit the I-944 with all the supporting documents.  It's  quite a troublesome form. All you can do is prepare the form and send in your packet again.

It looks like from March 9 we don’t need to submit I-944. Is what is saying on the site :

On or after March 9, 2021, applicants and petitioners should not provide information required solely by the Public Charge Final Rule. That means that applicants for adjustment of status should not provide the Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, or any evidence or documentation required on that form with their Form I-485. Applicants and petitioners for extension of nonimmigrant stay and change of nonimmigrant status should not provide information related to the receipt of public benefits on Form I-129 (Part 6), Form I-129CW (Part 6), Form I-539 (Part 5), and Form I-539A (Part 3).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Spoke with USCIS and they stated that NOAs are taking up to 60 days. Without the receipt what is our proof of pending AOS? I am trying to rent an apartment with my husband. 

Hi, just wanted to post an update.

02/08/2021 - Delivered to USCIS lockbox

03/10/2021 - Received 3 NOA receipt text messages 

I am not sure when the check was cashed because it’s a cashier’s check, but I-485 case status says fingerprint fee was received as of 03/06/2021.

Also, my priority date on all the receipts is 02/08/2021. So, regardless of how long they take to process the application, the priority will be when it was delivered.  

51 minutes ago, Snowwolf said:

Hi, just wanted to post an update.

02/08/2021 - Delivered to USCIS lockbox

03/10/2021 - Received 3 NOA receipt text messages 

I am not sure when the check was cashed because it’s a cashier’s check, but I-485 case status says fingerprint fee was received as of 03/06/2021.

Also, my priority date on all the receipts is 02/08/2021. So, regardless of how long they take to process the application, the priority will be when it was delivered.  

Mine was received on 2/8, too. Which service center was yours sent to?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

congrats to those getting your receipt texts.  Ours was delivered 2/4, but nothing yet.  I only filled out 1 form for each packet to get texts.  Didn't realize i needed separate forms for AOS, EOD, and AP to get the text receipts for each.  Oh well.  Hopefully soon.

5 minutes ago, S & V said:

congrats to those getting your receipt texts.  Ours was delivered 2/4, but nothing yet.  I only filled out 1 form for each packet to get texts.  Didn't realize i needed separate forms for AOS, EOD, and AP to get the text receipts for each.  Oh well.  Hopefully soon.

I only filled out 1 form as well I just put it next to the cover page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.