Pee&Eee

N400 March 2021 Filers

595 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have my interview tomorrow at 10:15 am. I have a two hour drive to get to the field office. I have prepared as much as I could. 

Besides the original documents requested in the interview letter what did you guys take to the interview?

Many people seem to take a trove of print out of documents but I have never seen officers ask for them like tax transcripts, bank statements, mortgage statements, insurance statements etc

I have digital copies/ pdfs and can upload them if asked. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, tu2008 said:

I have my interview tomorrow at 10:15 am. I have a two hour drive to get to the field office. I have prepared as much as I could. 

Besides the original documents requested in the interview letter what did you guys take to the interview?

Many people seem to take a trove of print out of documents but I have never seen officers ask for them like tax transcripts, bank statements, mortgage statements, insurance statements etc

I have digital copies/ pdfs and can upload them if asked. 

You better to have them printed out, in case he/she  will want to make a decision right away, also have with you birth certificates maridge/divorce paper (if any) if they will want from you anything they will not give you a chance to upload it, you either have it or getting "decision cannot be made now) you still have time, so print them all, a lot of good luck to you and please update!!!

Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, Savva said:

You better to have them printed out, in case he/she  will want to make a decision right away, also have with you birth certificates maridge/divorce paper (if any) if they will want from you anything they will not give you a chance to upload it, you either have it or getting "decision cannot be made now) you still have time, so print them all, a lot of good luck to you and please update!!!

I didn't take any print outs with me. Nothing like that was asked. Glad I didn't waste 90 pages. I had it saved as a single pdf in case they asked and was going to upload it if asked 

Civics test  was first: three original colonies, name of us representative, name of current president, right only of US citizens. Can't remember other two.

Reading: What do we have to pay to the government?

Writing: We have to pay taxes.

All the answers in the form like legal name, ssn, dob, address.

Officer asked about my unemployment dates, how many times I had been out of the country? and was impressed that the dates in the form matched their system data.

Then the usual yes-no questions. I volunteered past traffic tickets from 11 years ago. Officer said no need to show me those.

Then I signed forms.

I was told I was approved and in line for oath ceremony. The office doesn't offer same day oath ceremony.

I was out in 20 mins including security check, waiting and interview. My husband was still talking on the phone with his mother. 🤣🤣🤣 He was waiting in the car.

You are done already? Yup!

Edited by tu2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, tu2008 said:

I didn't take any print outs with me. Nothing like that was asked. Glad I didn't waste 90 pages. I had it saved as a single pdf in case they asked and was going to upload it if asked 

Civics test  was first: three original colonies, name of us representative, name of current president, right only of US citizens. Can't remember other two.

Reading: What do we have to pay to the government?

Writing: We have to pay taxes.

All the answers in the form like legal name, ssn, dob, address.

Officer asked about my unemployment dates, how many times I had been out of the country? and was impressed that the dates in the form matched their system data.

Then the usual yes-no questions. I volunteered past traffic tickets from 11 years ago. Officer said no need to show me those.

Then I signed forms.

I was told I was approved and in line for oath ceremony. The office doesn't offer same day oath ceremony.

I was out in 20 mins including security check, waiting and interview. My husband was still talking on the phone with his mother. 🤣🤣🤣 He was waiting in the car.

You are done already? Yup!

Congratulation, 

Your application is based on the 3 years rule? they didn't ask to see any updated  bonafide marriage evidences?

Thank you

Timeline
4 minutes ago, manoni said:

Congratulation, 

Your application is based on the 3 years rule? they didn't ask to see any updated  bonafide marriage evidences?

Thank you

Yes, mine was based on 3 years rule. Yes, didn't ask any updated evidence.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

Yes, mine was based on 3 years rule. Yes, didn't ask any updated evidence.

Thank you for your quick reply, and congratulations once again..

Timeline

Received notification of Oath Ceremony on August 23rd.

Same location as the interview. Another two hour drive. The end is in sight.

March 9, 2021 - Applied online 90 days before expiry of GC, immediately received NoA and biometrics reuse

June 16, 2021 - Interview scheduled for August 5th

August 5, 2021 - Interview. Recommended for approval

August 9, 2021 - Oath ceremony scheduled for August 23rd

Edited by tu2008

Had an odd thing happen and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.  On Saturday at 5:45am I got an email from USCIS stating "We have taken an action on your case.  Sign into your account to view your case status." so I logged in and saw no update besides "Case was received" and no updated documents.  I checked a few other times throughout Saturday and it remained the same.  On Sunday I decided to check again a couple of times, thinking maybe the update might require an overnight process to update, but case was still on received.  I then logged in this morning to check, thinking maybe updates don't happen on the weekends and they get pushed to Mondays, and case is still on the received status.  I don't know if it was an email that got sent out in error, or if they've started to work on the case but the system hasn't updated, so wanted to check in to see if anyone else had experienced this.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Had an odd thing happen and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.  On Saturday at 5:45am I got an email from USCIS stating "We have taken an action on your case.  Sign into your account to view your case status." so I logged in and saw no update besides "Case was received" and no updated documents.  I checked a few other times throughout Saturday and it remained the same.  On Sunday I decided to check again a couple of times, thinking maybe the update might require an overnight process to update, but case was still on received.  I then logged in this morning to check, thinking maybe updates don't happen on the weekends and they get pushed to Mondays, and case is still on the received status.  I don't know if it was an email that got sent out in error, or if they've started to work on the case but the system hasn't updated, so wanted to check in to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Does it say, "...we've sent you the notice" or "...we've emailed you the notice"? I remember this happened to some of us where it was updated from:

"We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and emailed you a receipt notice." to "We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
12 hours ago, GC-Cleveland said:

Does it say, "...we've sent you the notice" or "...we've emailed you the notice"? I remember this happened to some of us where it was updated from:

"We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and emailed you a receipt notice." to "We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice."

That happened to me, I applied on February, and then later in April I got an update on my case, so the difference was between we EMAILED and we SENT

14 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

16 hours ago, GC-Cleveland said:

Yep, it now says sent instead of emailed.  What an odd update to make that would trigger the "we've taken an action on your case email"....got my hopes up that an interview was about to be scheduled.....oh well.  Thanks!

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Yep, it now says sent instead of emailed.  What an odd update to make that would trigger the "we've taken an action on your case email"....got my hopes up that an interview was about to be scheduled.....oh well.  Thanks!

Haha! Yep, been through this roller coaster so just keep your hopes up. Since you've filed in March, I reckon your interview notice should be on its way!

1 hour ago, GC-Cleveland said:

Haha! Yep, been through this roller coaster so just keep your hopes up. Since you've filed in March, I reckon your interview notice should be on its way!

Thanks!  Not going to hold my breath since Chicago seems a bit backed up, just hoping to get it done before moving next year.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

AOS Condensed Timeline:

RoC Condensed Timeline:

N400

I'm happy to report that my interview went well this morning and I was approved and offered the do the oath ceremony right then and there at the desk. I'll try to add as many details as I can't, but I have memory lapses (plus sleep-deprivation) so I won't be able to remember everything.

I went into the USCIS office in Centennial, CO at 7:45 am (15 min before my appointment) and there was a short line of people in front of me going through security and COVID checks. We went and checked in at the first desk, and almost everyone in front of my was sent to the second floor upstairs. Meanwhile, I was told to stay in the same ground floor room I was in already. I was the only one, so I was a bit nervous and wondered if I had been the only one doing a citizenship interview today. Didn't know from the others who were in front of me why they were there.

I waited for around 10-15 min, then was asked to come to an officer's desk. She was incredibly nice and amicable throughout. After being asked for my green card, driver's license and passports, we started with the test questions, which included:

Why are there 50 stars on the US flag?

If the president and VP can't serve then who does?

Who vetoes bills?

When do we celebrate independence day?

Name one problem that led to the civil war.

Who does a senator represent?

After that, I was asked to read off the tablet the sentence: "Where is the White House?"

On the tablet I was asked to write: "The White House is in Washington, D.C."

Then we went through the entire application where she made a couple of slight adjustments. When I was asked about swearing loyalty to the United States, she asked what was meany by loyalty. From the start until the end of the official interview, it probably took 25-30 min. She said she was recommending me for approval and offered me either to do the oath ceremony immediately and get the certificate, or to go home and wait for it to get scheduled. I opted for the former, and it took about 10 min to generate the request and I had to sign a document stating that things haven't changed since the interview that ended five minutes prior (in terms of marriages, divorces, arrests, etc.).

I then repeated the oath after her and got my certificate. In a few hours, I have a USPS appointment to apply for a passport.

Edit: I was not asked to show any documents at all other than the ones listed above (in addition to showing the appointment notice at security and the check-in desk). Mercifully, I wasn't asked to show my tax documents or anything else.

Edited by EternalForeigner
add more info

N-400 PROCESS:

COLORADO|APPLYING AFTER FIVE YEARS|GC THROUGH "SPECIAL IMMIGRANT INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER" STATUS

N-400 FILED ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

BIOMETRICS REUSE NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

RECEIPT NOTICE ONLINE: MARCH 18, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE ONLINE: JULY 13, 2021

INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: JULY 19, 2021

INTERVIEW DATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

APPROVAL, OATH CEREMONY AND CERTIFICATE: AUGUST 17, 2021

PASSPORT PROCESS:

Aug. 17: Applied for US passport+book at metro Denver USPS, expedited processing, 1-2 express delivery, barcoded application from online wizard.
Aug. 20: Online status changed to “In Process” with locator number 34 (Charleston, SC). 
Aug. 23: Check cashed. 

Sep. 21: Status changed to "Approved” then “Shipped” later in the day.

Sep. 23: Passport book delivered, next-gen passport regular book. Label on envelope says Charleston, SC.

Sep. 25: Passport card delivered. 
Oct. 4: Naturalization certificate delivered. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.