thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
50 minutes ago, AlexUSA said:

The last year biometrics reuse letters were different than the new ones after new administration took office. The former was the sign that your interview is close and your application is under real processing.

However the new ones, just an easy substitute of the normal biometric appointments you got before, when were applying, as many new applicants get their NOA and bio-reuse letter in the same day. So basically the old algorithm of one week to 4 months after bio reuse letter your interview would be scheduled, not working any more.

I applied for I90 GC replacement in May last year, same day after applying got a bio reuse letter, one to one as I've got in this February for my N400, I checked twice on these 2, no difference

On 5/2/2021 at 3:21 PM, Joe1313 said:

If you don't mind asking,  when did you hear back about the interview after you filed? I know timelines could differ substantiality, but I'm curious to know!

I heard back April 9th so a little over a month after filing 

Edited by Gemma1407

2 hours ago, Savva said:

I applied for I90 GC replacement in May last year, same day after applying got a bio reuse letter, one to one as I've got in this February for my N400, I checked twice on these 2, no difference

I meant, the implications of the bio reuse letter, not necessarily the wordings. The last year ones were somehow showing a new step ahead in your case processing and after receiving, you knew your turn is close and would hear about your interview soon (less than 3-4 months later). But new ones are just like before Covid bio appointment which you had to go through it and then your real wait was starting and it'd take even 1-2 years to hear back about you interview. Many applicants who applied in the last months, got this letter immediately or quite soon after their application and there is no way, all of them processed in the next 3-4 months.

Timeline
7 hours ago, AlexUSA said:

I meant, the implications of the bio reuse letter, not necessarily the wordings. The last year ones were somehow showing a new step ahead in your case processing and after receiving, you knew your turn is close and would hear about your interview soon (less than 3-4 months later). But new ones are just like before Covid bio appointment which you had to go through it and then your real wait was starting and it'd take even 1-2 years to hear back about you interview. Many applicants who applied in the last months, got this letter immediately or quite soon after their application and there is no way, all of them processed in the next 3-4 months.

When they say that they will reuse our bio it doesn't necessarily mean that they do that on the spot, it just mean that they have that ability to do so and we don't need to appear in the facility, in fact they send our bios to the FBI months later than we get these letters, that's why it still takes time

Edited by Savva

Timeline

Rescheduling Biometric Services Appointments by Phone

Release Date 
05/11/2021

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that applicants, petitioners, requestors and beneficiaries may now call the USCIS Contact Center (800-375-5283) to reschedule their biometric services appointments scheduled at a USCIS Application Support Center. Previously, applicants had to submit requests in writing to reschedule their biometrics appointments. This change helps eliminate undue paperwork and allows USCIS to track the request through a more efficient process.  

Applicants must establish good cause for rescheduling and must call before the date and time of their original appointment to reschedule. If an applicant fails to call before the scheduled appointment or fails to establish good cause, USCIS may consider the application, petition, or request abandoned and, as a result, it may be denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Shacues16 said:

I received a notification that my interview has been scheduled for mid June. I applied at the beginning of April.

Wow this is fast, Congratulation....  is columbus OH your local office? and do you have a pending  I751?

28 minutes ago, manoni said:

Wow this is fast, Congratulation....  is columbus OH your local office? and do you have a pending  I751?

Thank you! Yes, Columbus, OH.

Yes, I have a pending I-751, my interview for that is early June.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shacues16 said:

I received a notification that my interview has been scheduled for mid June. I applied at the beginning of April.

When are you eligible to actually take the oath. For my husband his 3yrs would be July 17th of this year. Just wondering if they are doing interviews before the 3 years. Super congrats to you.

10 minutes ago, manoni said:

So you are having a combo interview for both I751 and N400?

No, they booked my interviews one week apart. I-751 first.

7 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

When are you eligible to actually take the oath. For my husband his 3yrs would be July 17th of this year. Just wondering if they are doing interviews before the 3 years. Super congrats to you.

Thank you! I actually became eligible late last year, so I'm not sure about that. July is around the corner though, so hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Shacues16 said:

Wow! Thats super fast! May be specific to OH. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

This is the timeline for my wife - she applied for naturalization based on 5+ years as a LPR. This is North Carolina.

May 12, 2021 Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

May 12, 2021 Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

May 12, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

April 14, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

April 13, 2021 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice.

That is from the USCIS case tracking, and it isn't actually 100% correct - more correct would be to say:

April 12, 2021 - submitted N400 online

April 13, 2021 - got both a "we received your app" and "biometric waiver"

April 14, 2021 - interview scheduled for May 12, 2021

May 12, 2021 - wife attended the interview, was told "you are approved - please go back to the waiting room and wait to be called for your oath ceremony". Oath taken, she was given her Naturalization certificate, surrendered her green card, left a US citizen.

Have to admit we were both not only shocked w/ the fact it took only 31 days beginning to end, but also because we never expected she would be taking the oath right then and there ! We found out when she came back home - we didn't go with her because we thought she would (hopefully) be approved, and she would get a follow-up notice to go for the oath. But nope - all in one sitting. So we didn't even get a picture . . .

EDIT: and in case anyone else is wondering . . . after she took the oath, they told her "wait here for a minute and we will give you your naturalization certificate". So she asked "But, my biometrics were waived. Which picture are you going to use ?". They told her "We select the one we think looks best from all the pictures we have on file from you, from visas/AOS/entry to the US/etc.". So she got a picture on her certificate from about five years ago or so . . .

Edited by Ido

Hi guys,

Could you please share your experience with online filing?

I am completing N-400 online to file based on 3-year rule (married to US citizen).

I do not understand where to upload my spouse's naturalization certificate and 'evidence about marriage' (such as leases/bank statements etc.).

Somehow, the online form only asks me for my green card, marriage certificate, children birth certificates and tax transcripts. But nothing like proof of US citizen spouse US citizenship or 'evidence about marriage'. Is it okay? Or you had the online form explicitly asking you for a proof of your spouse citizenship?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.