thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
On 1/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, Sam2134 said:

Yes I do have a house mortgage and took monthly statements with me (past 1yr). The officer asked me for the mortgage amount that we pay each month and also the total outstanding loan amount (approx).

I had my N400 interview last week and will share my experience soon.

Thanks for the insight, 10 days and counting till the interview....

On 1/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, Sam2134 said:

Yes I do have a house mortgage and took monthly statements with me (past 1yr). The officer asked me for the mortgage amount that we pay each month and also the total outstanding loan amount (approx).

I had my N400 interview last week and will share my experience soon.

Would you be able to post your timeline? Also, you are from New York City office right? thanks! 

Timeline

My husband has his interview on Monday the 31st and I thought I would share the documents I am have prepared, in addition to these I have the full tax returns available, around 20 photos in an album from the past 3 yrs, 2 photo books compiled over the first 2 years of our marriage. Hopefully I have enough, I really don't want to print out 3 years worth of bank statement so am hoping 3 months is enough. Any suggestions?  (Side note: the reason the exhibits start at H is because the first half of these tabs I used for the NVC application and figured I would use the rest for the N-400)

COVER NOA: N400 - INTERVIEW (12/27/2021)

EXHIBIT H DANE  PASSPORT COPY
  DANE PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD COPY
  DANE  I-551 STAMP COPY

EXHIBIT I NOA I-751 (6/22/2020)
  NOA I-751 (12/14/21)

EXHIBIT J ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
  TRANSLATION AND COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

EXHIBIT K KATHLEEN  PASSPORT COPY
  KATHLEEN  NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE ORIGINAL
  KATHLEEN  NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE ORIGINAL

EXHIBIT L 2019 TAX TRANSCRIPT
  2020 TAX TRANSCRIPT
  2021 TAX TRANSCRIPT
  (FULL TAX FORMS AVAILABLE)

EXHIBIT M TRUCK PURCHASE AGREEMENT
   AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE FOR OREGON
   AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE FOR SOUTH CAROLINA
  SOUTH CAROLINA REGISTRATION 

EXHIBIT N COPY OF HOUSE DEED:  (Purchased October 2021)
  SETTLEMENT STATEMENT 

EXHIBIT O HOUSE MORTGAGE STATEMENTS (November 2021, December 2021, January 2022)

EXHIBIT P HOME OWNERS INSURANCE 

EXHIBIT Q STATEMENT FOR GAS AND ELECTRIC SERVICE

EXHIBIT R  JOINT SAVINGS ACCOUNT STATEMENTS
  (Last 3 months)
EXHIBIT S JOINT CHECKING ACCOUNT
  (Last 3 months)
EXHIBIT T  JOINT CREDIT CARD
  (Last 3 months)
EXHIBIT U  (DANE'S EMPLOYER) BENEFITS

EXHIBIT V APARTMENT WELCOME LETTER 
  APARTMENT LEASE AGREEMENT
  RENTERS INSURANCE
  (June 2020 - October 2020)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, Pat9498 said:

Would you be able to post your timeline? Also, you are from New York City office right? thanks! 

I am sorry haven't had a chance to post my experience. Will try to do it soon. Timelines - 

I-751 - 

Filed - April 2020

Fingerprints - Dec 2020

Case scheduled for interview - June 2021

N400 - 

Filed  - April 2021

Fingerprints - Sept 2021

Interview (N400 & I-751) - Jan 2022

Waiting on date for Oath

Had my interview in New Jersey but mailing address was Queens, NY

Timeline

And we are done!!! Yay!!

Yesterday we had the interview and they had an oath ceremony so we got it all done at one.

Timeline:

I-751 - applied April 2020

Biometrics - June 2021

Adit stamp - December 21 2021

Interview - Jan 31 2022 (Same time as N-400)

Notice that card is being produced and sent - 1 Feb 2022

N-400 - applied April 2021

Biometrics - June 2021

Interview - Jan 31 2022 (Charleston, SC)

Oath Ceremony - Jan 31st 2022

Passport appointment - 4 Feb 2022

Interview process:

Husband was called in first

Interviewer asked a number of questions, such as:

Did you serve in the military

Did you ever kill or hurt anyone

How did you meet your wife

What is your zipcode (He couldn't remember this but explained I run his life, the interview laughed and said so does his wife)

He had to write: We pay taxes

He had to read something

Questions: What is the highest court of the land?

Who becomes president if the president and vice president die?

What does the judicial branch do?

Then the interviewer called me in and asked me a number of questions about how we met, when did we start dating, where did my family live, where was I born. 

He never looked at any of the paperwork or photos I had prepared. He then stamped and approved the I-751 and the N-400. Luckily there was an oath ceremony that day and there was still space for him to join. 

Thank you all for your support and assistance over the last few years. This community has been a godsend! Good luck to you all. 

Timeline

Hey all

So my husband's citizenship was approved 30 seconds after the interviewer approved his 10 year green card. Now they have sent us his 10 year green card. He was asked to hand in his green card at the oath ceremony, he gave them the 2 yr one. But do we need to mail it back or go hand it in or something? 

Did this happen to anyone else? 

Thanks 

58 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Hey all

So my husband's citizenship was approved 30 seconds after the interviewer approved his 10 year green card. Now they have sent us his 10 year green card. He was asked to hand in his green card at the oath ceremony, he gave them the 2 yr one. But do we need to mail it back or go hand it in or something? 

Did this happen to anyone else? 

Thanks 

You will hand it back in when he takes his oath. Keep it safe until then.

Congrats! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

You will hand it back in when he takes his oath. Keep it safe until then.

Congrats! 

Hi Sarah, that's the problem, he did his oath ceremony the same day he was approved..... Thanks for the congrats!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my passport and social security record update timelines.

01/05/2022: Oath ceremony

01/05/2022: Applied at USPS in Philadelphia (didn't expedite)

01/07/2022: Received and In Process

01/28/2022: Approved

01/29/2022: Received passport book in a USPS Priority mail envelope

01/31/2022: Received passport card in first class mail

02/10/2022: Received naturalization certificate in a yellow looking envelope

02/17/2022: Updated my Social Security record From Green Card Holder to US Citizen using just my passport card and a filled out SS-5 form. I was lucky enough to get an appointment at my local office by calling the national number (800 772 1213) instead of my local office who never answers the phone. I believe you can also use the dropbox at your local office to do this but I didn't want to take that chance with my original documents. If you have to use your local office dropbox, I suggest you just use your passport card as citizenship evidence and they should mail it back to you. That way, you're only taking a risk with your passport card just in case it goes missing.

The journey is truly finally over. Best of luck to everyone

I filed for citizenship April 2021. Up until last month, it said that the remaining time was 3 months. I checked last week and it got extended to another 11 months. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't need to get a biometrics. I got a letter saying they would use my previous one. 

Edited by slee0000

Just now, slee0000 said:

I filed for citizenship April 2021. Up until last month, it said that the remaining time was 3 months. I checked last week and it got extended to another 11 months. 

Does anyone know how to go about contacting USCIS for an update? 

You can talk/use chat with a live agent. Most likely you will hear that the system is not accurate and not to pay attention to it as it doesn't work as intended. Check processing times for your local office, they go by that... 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

After filing April 2021, I finally got my interview scheduled April 7 2022. 

I am now in line for my oath ceremony, no date available yet. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My overly detailed N-400 Experience in Nashville, TN during COVID:

My apologies,  it has taken me so long to write about my N400 interview experience. I feel so relieved that everything went smoothly & I'm thrilled to finally be a US citizen. 

I hope this helps anyone that is still waiting for their interview get an idea of what to expect in the Nashville office. 

I applied for the N-400 based on the 5-year rule of permanent residence. 

April 1, 2021: Filed online 

April 2: Bio reuse

Dec 22: Interview scheduled (Nashville office)

Jan 27, 2022: interview date & Got Approved after my interview

On the day of my interview,

I entered the Nashville Field Office building about 15 mins before my appointment time.

Everyone that enters has to wear a mask & go through a metal detector before they let you check in for your appt.

The waiting area looked like it was probably meant to hold about 70 people at full capacity but because of Covid it wasn’t nearly as full. We also had to sit with enough space to social distance. I think I only waited about 20 minutes before I was called to start the interview. 

The Interview:

When My number was called I followed the officer back to her office & she seemed friendly & polite from the start. She asked for my appt notice, green card and passport and had me take an oath to tell the truth. We made some small talk and then got down to confirming the demographics/background of my application (like my address,  phone number, etc). 

After that she said she was going to go ahead & do the English and civics test portion of the interview. & She was nice, asked if I had studied and I said Yes. She then wiped down the desk and pens & tablet that I was going to use during the interview; she also had plexi glass between us as a precaution for Covid. I do not remember the 6 questions that I was asked, and I got them all correct. 

I was asked to read a phrase from the iPad at her desk. Next, I was asked to write a very basic phrase on a sheet of paper.  After that she informed me that I had passed that portion of the interview.  

Then we went over the moral character / detailed background part of my application.(All the Yes/No questions) She then asked if I was willing to take the oath, bear arms, perform noncombatant duty, etc - just like the application form asks.

Finally - she informed me that my application was approved, that I would be taking the oath here in her office (not have to wait for a ceremony) and that I would be able to leave today with my certificate of naturalization.

I was asked to stand and raise my right hand to take the oath of citizenship. I affirmed my oath and, after wrapping up a few more things on her computer, she asked me to follow her to another waiting room in the building where I would wait to receive my certificate. I think I waited about 30 mins for my certificate & left shortly after.  And that’s it! The whole process took almost 10 months, and so glad it’s over. 

Best of luck to everyone that is still waiting!!

(L) Got married in 2011 (L)

AOS:

- 9/15/14 : USCIS received my I-130, I-485, & I-765 applications at the Chicago lockbox. [day 1] NOA txts rec'd 2 days later.
- 9/20/14 : Received 3 NOA receipts in mail saying case was being processed at the NBC [day 5]
- 9/26/14 : Received biometrics appt letter in the mail; appt. set for 10/6/14 at the Nashville office. [day 11]
- 9/30/14 : Successful early walk-in for my biometrics [day 15]
- 11/24/14 : Received email/txt notification that my EAD card is being produced [day 70] :)
- 12/2/14 : Received EAD card [day 78] :thumbs:
- 12/27/14 : Received interview letter in mail :content: [day 103] (Rec'd txt update on 12/29/14)
- 1/28/15 : Interview date! ​(Went w/a lawyer) We were given an approval letter!! :dancing: [day 135]
- 2/2/15 : Received 2 texts:I-485 (Welcome Notice mailed) I-130 (Petition Approved) **SOOO Happppy!!** :D:content::D
- 2/4/15 : Notified that GC was mailed, card received on 2/5/15!! [day 143] *So Blessed!* :):content::star::D

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.