raizujukishi

December 2020 Filers - AOS

182 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Under-the-sea said:

I have tried using Emma to expediate my EAD and travel document but I have not been able to get through to an agent. All responses appear automated. I tried a variety of phrases but nothing worked. What did you type in order to get through to someone? 

It's Memorial Day. Try tomorrow. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/25/2021 at 8:52 AM, iy2020 said:

I had done my biometrics earlier in the day that I sent out my AP application. 

I said I might have to travel abroad for a research project I’m a part of. But I’ve seen that many applying for AP through AOS do not to give a specific reason/dates/locations they plan on traveling. Those instructions are aimed more at DACA holders and people holding other statuses. 

And thank you! I’ve seen some movement, too! I’m not in too much of a rush because I’m an F-1 and I’m currently working under 20 hours at my school, but it would be nice to have it just in case. 

Hi everyone. Anyone with any updates? I’m still waiting on biometrics. ☹️

I had my interview today in Pittsburgh and he said he approved my green card! He has to update a few bits on info on our file and I should get it in a few weeks! Such a relief!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

I had my interview today in Pittsburgh and he said he approved my green card! He has to update a few bits on info on our file and I should get it in a few weeks! Such a relief!

Congratulations! 🎊🎉 

I managed to get through to a live agent about 30 minutes ago and requested to expedite my EAD. They didn’t ask about my biometrics and asked for my reason which I put number 1(financial hardship). They said I would hear via email or mail in about 5 business days and they would ask for proof for the reason. Do they usually allow this to happen without biometrics being completed? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Under-the-sea said:

I managed to get through to a live agent about 30 minutes ago and requested to expedite my EAD. They didn’t ask about my biometrics and asked for my reason which I put number 1(financial hardship). They said I would hear via email or mail in about 5 business days and they would ask for proof for the reason. Do they usually allow this to happen without biometrics being completed? 

Yes, that’s exactly what happened to my first request. I received a mail stating that in order for USCIS to expedite, I must have done the bio first and just to send another request after my bio. They don’t process expedite w/o bio

52 minutes ago, raizujukishi said:

Yes, that’s exactly what happened to my first request. I received a mail stating that in order for USCIS to expedite, I must have done the bio first and just to send another request after my bio. They don’t process expedite w/o bio

Did it speed up the process of being given a biometrics appointment? Or did you still have to wait what feels like forever?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Under-the-sea said:

Did it speed up the process of being given a biometrics appointment? Or did you still have to wait what feels like forever?

Some says that it triggered their bio appt. 

I already have my notice when I first requested,  my plan was to do an early walk-in in ASC San Diego but they are very strict about the notice schedule. 

34 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

Hi all, I got notice today that my green card is being printed! I was hesitant to write on here because I know it’s bittersweet to hear of others’ successes when you’re in limbo / still waiting but I hope it gives you hope… things are moving!

Congrats, that is awesome!

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

3/8/2021   USCIS Chicago Lockbox receives package

4/4/2021   Received text messages, status updated to "Case Was Received" and "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" for I-485

4/5/2021   Checks cashed

4/9/2021   Received I-797c for I-131 in the mail

4/16/2021 Received I-797c for I-130, I-765 in the mail

4/23/2021 Received I-797c for I-485 in the mail

5/10/2021 Received Biometrics appointment notice in the mail

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

5/26/2021 Status updated to show fingerprints were taken

5/28/2021 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

6/07/2021 Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 05/23/21)

6/11/2021 Interview was scheduled

6/21/2021 Received interview notice in the mail

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

7/29/2021 New card is being produced

7/30/2021 Case was approved

8/02/2021 Card was mailed to me

8/03/2021 Card was picked up by USPS

8/05/2021 Received approval notice in the mail

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

10/13/2021 EAD and AP updated to Case closed, benefit received by other means

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

Hi all, I got notice today that my green card is being printed! I was hesitant to write on here because I know it’s bittersweet to hear of others’ successes when you’re in limbo / still waiting but I hope it gives you hope… things are moving!

Congrats and yes, it's good to hear that things are moving for others even if it seems like you should be ahead, at least things are moving.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Claireh703 said:

Congrats! This is so great to hear. People hearing stories like this gives them hope. We all know how broke the USCIS system is so it’s really nice to hear that someone from our batch is moving. 

It is something to celebrate 🎉 cheers! 

Here is an update on our case!

Our timeline:

PD December 22nd, 2020

Marriage based-concurrent filing sent to Chicago lockbox

National Benefits Center

Field office: Detroit

ASC: Grand Rapids

4/22-contacted Senator Stabenow to inquire on case due to financial loss

4/28-heard back from Senator Stabenow’s office and sent proof of financial loss

5/18- received email from Senator Stabenow with USCIS response that biometrics were scheduled for 6/8

6/8- biometrics completed at Grand Rapids ASC

6/9-contacted Senator Stabenow’s office again to request expedite of EAD due to financial loss-senators office submitted request- USCIS approves expedite request 

6/10-new card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.