raizujukishi

December 2020 Filers - AOS

182 posts in this topic

Here is my timeline applying for my mother. I can see our process is moving a lot slower compared to many of you. I am not sure if that is due to applying for I-130 online instead of submitting the whole package together.

Yesterday we finally received our biometrics appointment. Anyone here is filing for AOS for parents? Did your parent have to go through interview?

U.S. Citizen filling for parent

Filed I-130 online & Submitted I-485 with I-944, I-765, I-864 & I-131 via mail:

Current Visa: B2

Service Center for I-130: Texas Service Center

Service Center for I-485 : NBC

Priority Date: 12/21/2020

11/13/2020: Submitted I-130 online and credit card charged $535 

12/03/2020: Send packet for I-485, I-765 and I-131 via USPS

12/04/2020: Chicago Lockbox received the packet

12/21/2020: NOA for all forms

12/22/2020: Text messages received

07/02/2021: Request to Expedite I-765 Received

07/22/2021: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for I-765/I-485 (USCIS website/app does not show expedite request was approved)

08/13/2021: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in Seattle, WA

7 minutes ago, deborabr said:

Here is my timeline applying for my mother. I can see our process is moving a lot slower compared to many of you. I am not sure if that is due to applying for I-130 online instead of submitting the whole package together.

Partially it's moving slower probably because Seattle is currently one of the slowest processing offices in the US. 

Did the biometrics on 7/30/2021 and then the next day on 7/31 the Case status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" for both the AOS and EAD.

Now more waiting

Hi guys, 

I wanted to share my timeline with you. I filed the adjustment of status documents on December 3, 2020 and we received a couple of weeks later notices of receipt. At around May 2020, I received my I-693 deficiency notice. At the end of June, I got my biometrics appointment for West Palm Beach. Now yesterday we got the notice for an initial interview for form I-485 with the list of documents etc to bring for end of August. This is quite surprising. I thought that it takes ages to get interview invitations and we would get the EAD first, but it must be that West Palm Beach is less busy perhaps  or quicker at processing files (compared e.g. to Seattle/NY)? 

We have friends in California who were going through a similar process and they are now waiting for over 2 years for their interview (their USCIS case status says that the case is ready for interview to be scheduled)- their application was filed before the pandemic, but the offices probably shut right before they got the chance to be invited for the interview. 

I now need to get my medical exam done asap and compile again all the documents. 

I can see that a number of you have had their interviews scheduled for 5th August - how did it go? 

Would appreciate for any thoughts on the interview etc. 

3 hours ago, cooleynata said:

I think lots of places are speeding up now, thank goodness. 

I had my interview at the beginning of May (also no EAD but that seems to be getting common). It was short and easy… they ask a lot of questions on the form mostly to me and then some to my husband. Then asked how we met. Then said “well, I think that’s enough. Wait, do you love him?” To which I said “he’s alright”… out interviewer was very relaxed, lots of banter.  He told us he was approving us but it would take a few days because he had to update details (I wanted to change my name, my husband had a new job, etc).  About a week later, it was approved online and about a week later I got the green card. 

Our lawyer (not present but on the phone for the interview) advised us to take a copy of the application so we printed the 600+ pages and it was never looked at because he obviously had a copy. And we gave him some newer evidence (new loan in both names, a few photos, etc).

5 hours ago, cooleynata said:

I can see that a number of you have had their interviews scheduled for 5th August - how did it go? 

Our interview is tomorrow too, so I'll update how it goes afterwards. Right now I'm printing more copies of everything that we submitted for the interview, along with the changes to our info since we submitted the application. Oh and also printed a few more photos of stuff we did in the past 8 months since we submitted the application. It almost hurts me to be printing so much stuff, but such is life 😐

We've also been practicing answers to some FAQ's we found online. Hopefully that'll be sufficient!

29 minutes ago, M_S said:

Our interview is tomorrow too, so I'll update how it goes afterwards. Right now I'm printing more copies of everything that we submitted for the interview, along with the changes to our info since we submitted the application. Oh and also printed a few more photos of stuff we did in the past 8 months since we submitted the application. It almost hurts me to be printing so much stuff, but such is life 😐

We've also been practicing answers to some FAQ's we found online. Hopefully that'll be sufficient!

Best of luck to you! Everything will go well - it's just being prepared and not worrying too much. Look forward to hearing how it all goes. 

44 minutes ago, M_S said:

Our interview is tomorrow too, so I'll update how it goes afterwards. 

We have an interview tomorrow too, good luck!! I've been in touch with a few people who had their AOS interview in Detroit this past two weeks, and they all said the officers were friendly, the interviews were short and everyone got approved on spot. :) I heard that the only questions the officers asked were the questions from i-485/i-130 forms, in Detroit at least, it seems that the interview process goes smooth and fast

24 minutes ago, muisti said:

I've been in touch with a few people who had their AOS interview in Detroit this past two weeks, and they all said the officers were friendly, the interviews were short and everyone got approved on spot. :) I heard that the only questions the officers asked were the questions from i-485/i-130 forms, in Detroit at least, it seems that the interview process goes smooth and fast

That's reassuring. If they do approve me on the spot I'll be pretty pumped because it will be right in time for when the Canadian border opens up too 😁

6 hours ago, M_S said:

6 hours ago, muisti said:

We have an interview tomorrow too, good luck!! I've been in touch with a few people who had their AOS interview in Detroit this past two weeks, and they all said the officers were friendly, the interviews were short and everyone got approved on spot. :) I heard that the only questions the officers asked were the questions from i-485/i-130 forms, in Detroit at least, it seems that the interview process goes smooth and fast

Good luck to all of us Detroit filers with interviews tomorrow!  I feel like I killed a small jungle in the Amazon with all of the evidence I printed 😅

95EA5F1D-8747-4244-AE9A-BFCA100F2CE2.jpeg

Interview was today at Detroit Field Office. The only question he asked was how my husband and I met and then went through all of the questions from the I-130 and I-485. He commented that our previous I-129F petition threw him off at first, but didn’t ask any further questions or clarification as to why we withdrew it and did concurrent filing instead. He said he was approving us and that we should receive his card in 7-10 days!  

We had our interview in the morning in Detroit today too. It went fine, and was pretty straightforward. The interviewer said that she was going to review the documents for a bit and approve our case today if there aren't any discrepancies. That was 4 hours ago, and I just checked the online portal and my status has changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Hopefully we will get it in the next couple weeks. I feel so relieved. 

If anyone has any more questions about my experience, please feel free to ask me. I'd be more than happy to help in whatever way I can! 🙂

Edited by M_S

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, M_S said:

We had our interview in the morning in Detroit today too. It went fine, and was pretty straightforward. The interviewer said that she was going to review the documents for a bit and approve our case today if there aren't any discrepancies. That was 4 hours ago, and I just checked the online portal and my status has changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Hopefully we will get it in the next couple weeks. I feel so relieved. 

If anyone has any more questions about my experience, please feel free to ask me. I'd be more than happy to help in whatever way I can! 🙂

Oh wow. Congrats guys. This is so encouraging. Mine is next week. 

Did you guys have to print every single thing you had submitted before and take them with you? Did they even ask for it? And also, what questions exactly did they ask you both?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.