raizujukishi

December 2020 Filers - AOS

182 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hey! I know this is a December only group but I would like to share my timeline with you all. I tried to send everything on December 2020 and I think it got lost because I never received a confirmation from USCIS or the LockBox so I sent it again on January the 4th 2021.

Our journey so far for concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 with I-765 & I-131:

Current Visa: B2

ASC: Baltimore, MD

Priority Date: 01/07/2021

01/04/2021: Sent packet via USPS

01/07/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet 

01/13/2021: Received text messages for all forms (I-130, I-765, I-131, I-485) and CC charged for $1225.00 and $535.00

01/15/2021: Received all letters in the mail and used I-485 to get a drivers license at the MVA. (worked just fine)

01/30/2021: Received Biometrics appointment letter for 02/26/2021

02/26/2021: Biometrics done and case was updated to "Show fingerprints were taken".

Hope this will help all of you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Christian Alvarad said:

Hey! I know this is a December only group but I would like to share my timeline with you all. I tried to send everything on December 2020 and I think it got lost because I never received a confirmation from USCIS or the LockBox so I sent it again on January the 4th 2021.

ASC: Baltimore, MD

Priority Date: 01/07/2021

01/04/2021: Sent packet via USPS

01/07/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet 

01/13/2021: Received text messages for all forms (I-130, I-765, I-131, I-485) and CC charged for $1225.00 and $535.00

01/15/2021: Received all letters in the mail and used I-485 to get a drivers license at the MVA. (worked just fine)

01/30/2021: Received Biometrics appointment letter for 02/26/2021

02/26/2021: Biometrics done and case was updated to "Show fingerprints were taken".

Hope this will help all of you.

Yours was so fast! My PD is 12/21 and still nothing other than the NOAs.
I guess San Diego is one of the slowest ASC right now.

55 minutes ago, raizujukishi said:

Yours was so fast! My PD is 12/21 and still nothing other than the NOAs.
I guess San Diego is one of the slowest ASC right now.

What is the Priority Date?

On 2/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, iy2020 said:

I had done my biometrics earlier in the day that I sent out my AP application. 

I said I might have to travel abroad for a research project I’m a part of. But I’ve seen that many applying for AP through AOS do not to give a specific reason/dates/locations they plan on traveling. Those instructions are aimed more at DACA holders and people holding other statuses. 

And thank you! I’ve seen some movement, too! I’m not in too much of a rush because I’m an F-1 and I’m currently working under 20 hours at my school, but it would be nice to have it just in case. 

Me again!  Did you have to pay to submit the I-131 because you didn't include it in with your AOS application package?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

Me again!  Did you have to pay to submit the I-131 because you didn't include it in with your AOS application package?

I-131 is free. Just send a copy of your I-485 NOA together with your I-131 application.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

Nope. All EAD/APs (including renewals) are free while your AOS is pending. I only had to include a copy of my NOA with it as proof I had already paid for my AOS fees. 

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

1 minute ago, raizujukishi said:

I-131 is free. Just send a copy of your I-485 NOA together with your I-131 application.

Thanks!

Timeline
On 2/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Claireh703 said:

What is the Priority Date?

Priority Date is the date when USCIS received your I-130 application (for family-based petitions).

Timeline
On 1/16/2021 at 6:57 AM, raizujukishi said:

Good day! I hope you are all having a good start of the year.

I can't find a timeline/progress discussion for December 2020 filers so I created one. 

I know it's too early to create a thread like this but seeing someone whose application is moving makes me hopeful and at peace. 

For anyone who filed their AOS application in December 2020, please feel free to share your progress in this thread!

Thank you and good luck to all of us!

Service Center: NBC

ASC: San Diego, CA

Priority Date: 12/21/2020

12/16/2020: Send packet via UPS

12/21/2020: Chicago Lockbox received the packet

01/05/2020: Credit card charged for I-130 & I-485

01/11/2020: Received e-notification via text message

01/15/2020: Received NOA for all of the forms // NOA dated: Jan. 09, 2021

I got my biometrics appointment today! It's for March 19, 2021. 

Do you think it's possible to attend the biometrics earlier than your appointment? I made an expedite request yesterday via emma, I don't want the request to be put on hold because I don't have bios yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, raizujukishi said:

Good day! I hope you are all having a good start of the year.

I can't find a timeline/progress discussion for December 2020 filers so I created one. 

I know it's too early to create a thread like this but seeing someone whose application is moving makes me hopeful and at peace. 

For anyone who filed their AOS application in December 2020, please feel free to share your progress in this thread!

Thank you and good luck to all of us!

Service Center: NBC

ASC: San Diego, CA

Priority Date: 12/21/2020

12/16/2020: Send packet via UPS

12/21/2020: Chicago Lockbox received the packet

01/05/2020: Credit card charged for I-130 & I-485

01/11/2020: Received e-notification via text message

01/15/2020: Received NOA for all of the forms // NOA dated: Jan. 09, 2021

Just an update.

I did my biometrics today. (Yey!) Tried to have my bio earlier than my schedule but ASC San Diego is very strict about the appointment schedule. 

I also sent an expedite request for I-765 last March 5, got a response last March 15 via mail. It says I need to get my bio first before they can process the expedite request and just to file another request after my bio. I’ll be requesting an expedite again on Monday (03/22).

To those who already got their EAD, how long did it take before your I-765 got approved and mailed to you? Thanks!

15 hours ago, raizujukishi said:

I also sent an expedite request for I-765 last March 5, got a response last March 15 via mail. It says I need to get my bio first before they can process the expedite request and just to file another request after my bio. I’ll be requesting an expedite again on Monday (03/22).

This is so interesting.  I spoke to my lawyer about trying to expedite mine but she said that, since I'd already had my bio appt, it's probably not worth it as it should be approved soon.  She says it usually takes 1-2 months for the decision and it's been a month since mine so fingers crossed.

Out of interest though, what grounds did you claim to expedite yours?

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

This is so interesting.  I spoke to my lawyer about trying to expedite mine but she said that, since I'd already had my bio appt, it's probably not worth it as it should be approved soon.  She says it usually takes 1-2 months for the decision and it's been a month since mine so fingers crossed.

Out of interest though, what grounds did you claim to expedite yours?

I’ll file under financial loss. I’ve read many successful expedite request. They got their EAD in less than 2 weeks.

7 hours ago, raizujukishi said:

I’ll file under financial loss. I’ve read many successful expedite request. They got their EAD in less than 2 weeks.

Hi! I’m interested in maybe filing for an expedite request due to financial loss too 

If i read correctly you sent your AOS and EAD package december 16 and had your bio appointment recently right?

I filed mine december 22 and still haven’t heard anything. What email address are you sending the expedite request? 

Thank you in advance! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Alexag said:

Hi! I’m interested in maybe filing for an expedite request due to financial loss too 

If i read correctly you sent your AOS and EAD package december 16 and had your bio appointment recently right?

I filed mine december 22 and still haven’t heard anything. What email address are you sending the expedite request? 

Thank you in advance! 

They received my application on Dec. 21.

I requested via Emma — asked for a live representative

Edited by raizujukishi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.