raizujukishi

December 2020 Filers - AOS

182 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ediye said:

Oh wow. Congrats guys. This is so encouraging. Mine is next week. 

Did you guys have to print every single thing you had submitted before and take them with you? Did they even ask for it? And also, what questions exactly did they ask you both?

All the best for your interview! I hope it goes well!!

We did end up printing every single thing that we had submitted. The interviewer asked us if we has any more proof that we wanted to submit, so we just gave her printouts of updated docs like lease, insurance etc. Oh, and we also submitted some photos of us from over the past year. I also had to give her an update about my new job, like location, and name of company. I offered her copies of my offer letter etc, but she said she was fine without it. 

Other than that, most of the questions she asked us were routine, mostly directed at me. I'm a nervous talker so I blabbered on a bit more than she asked for some questions and she didn't seem to mind that haha. Overall she was very friendly and we were out of the building within like 20 mins or so after our scheduled interview time

Edited by M_S

9 minutes ago, Ediye said:

Did you guys have to print every single thing you had submitted before and take them with you? Did they even ask for it? And also, what questions exactly did they ask you both?

I printed everything just to be safe but they didn’t ask for anything other than his passport and the original marriage license. He asked what other documents I had to submit, I showed him the binder and asked what he wanted 😂. He ended up taking copies of our 2020 taxes, my last 7 months of paystubs, proof of health/life/car insurance and our joint car loan. And he also took the new pictures I brought. 

Other than going through all of the questions from the I-130 and I-485 he asked how we met and that is it. He updated my husbands paperwork to reflect that he has a job, but didn’t ask for proof or his pay stubs.  He said he was approving our case and that it will be updated later today. He went over the information about the conditional green card and had us sign a paper stating that we understood that we have to file to remove conditions after 1 year and 9 months. 

Edited by hlynnf23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, M_S said:

All the best for your interview! I hope it goes well!!

We did end up printing every single thing that we had submitted. The interviewer asked us if we has any more proof that we wanted to submit, so we just gave her printouts of updated docs like lease, insurance etc. Oh, and we also submitted some photos of us from over the past year. I also had to give her an update about my new job, like location, and name of company. I offered her copies of my offer letter etc, but she said she was fine without it. 

Other than that, most of the questions she asked us were routine, mostly directed at me. I'm a nervous talker so I blabbered on a bit more than she asked for some questions and she didn't seem to mind that haha. Overall she was very friendly and we were out of the building within like 20 mins or so after our scheduled interview time

Awesome! I'm happy for you! 

On 8/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, Ediye said:

Hi Ediye, 

Good luck for your interview next week. Everything will go well. Do let us know how it all goes. 

Timeline
On 8/7/2021 at 2:29 PM, cooleynata said:

Hi Ediye, 

Good luck for your interview next week. Everything will go well. Do let us know how it all goes. 

Update:

Hi guys, 

So I just got back from my interview and I must say it went very well. Although it was scheduled for 2pm, we were not called in till about 2.25pm. I think we spent just about 5mins with the interviewer. Apart from the questions in the Form I-130 or 485, She only asked us very few personal questions like where do you live, how did you meet, are you working, do you have children, did you have a big wedding? That was basically all and she asked if I had any documents to give her and I handed over all the documents I took with me. She asked if she could retain the pictures and I said yes and she just summarily glanced over the different categories of documents and said she is going to approve our case and I should get the green card in 3 days time. We were so shocked at how fast it was but very happy too. 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ediye said:

Update:

Hi guys, 

So I just got back from my interview and I must say it went very well. Although it was scheduled for 2pm, we were not called in till about 2.25pm. I think we spent just about 5mins with the interviewer. Apart from the questions in the Form I-130 or 485, She only asked us very few personal questions like where do you live, how did you meet, are you working, do you have children, did you have a big wedding? That was basically all and she asked if I had any documents to give her and I handed over all the documents I took with me. She asked if she could retain the pictures and I said yes and she just summarily glanced over the different categories of documents and said she is going to approve our case and I should get the green card in 3 days time. We were so shocked at how fast it was but very happy too. 😊

Awesome. What FO were you at?

19 hours ago, Ediye said:

Update:

Hi guys, 

Congratulations!  My husbands card is coming in the mail tomorrow, just 8 days after interview. It should come fast!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am so happy to see other people are progressing so much faster than us but also so bummed we seem to be on the slow track. FO is Charlotte, NC

Timeline so far: 

12/14/20 - I-485 Packet delivered along with AP and EAD

12/23/20 - Payment processed

1/6/21 - NOA1 sent

3/30/21 - RFIE sent requesting an employment verification letter and additional pay stubs. 

4/15/21 - RFIE response received. 

7/16/21 - Biometrics collected

7/22/21 - Ready to schedule interview

I know the rice slowed us down for sure but I'm hopeful things will start going a bit faster. 

Is it common for the status on both the AP and EAD to stay the same for the whole process? Ours still just says the request has been received. Updates just being made on the AOS case number. 

How long after Biometrics does it usually take to get the combo card? It seems like it usually happens within a couple weeks? 

4 hours ago, zachp said:

I am so happy to see other people are progressing so much faster than us but also so bummed we seem to be on the slow track. FO is Charlotte, NC

Timeline so far: 

1/6/21 - NOA1 sent

3/30/21 - RFIE sent requesting an employment verification letter and additional pay stubs. 

I know the rice slowed us down for sure but I'm hopeful things will start going a bit faster. 

Is it common for the status on both the AP and EAD to stay the same for the whole process? Ours still just says the request has been received. Updates just being made on the AOS case number. 

How long after Biometrics does it usually take to get the combo card? It seems like it usually happens within a couple weeks? 

Wild. We're exactly the same.

Marriage AoS
FO: Charlotte, NC
PD: 12/14/20
NOA1: Jan/20
BIO: 7/16/21
Interview: 9/17/21 (arrived 8/12/21)

**Nothing about EAD, expedite acknowledged on July-26 :(
There's a Charlotte whatsapp group if you're interested. https://chat.whatsapp.com/GfoW5qxsF9jGtvrnSkaxTs

Timeline
4 hours ago, zachp said:

Timeline so far: 

1/6/21 - NOA1 sent

I think the AP and EAD remains the same as it is still showing request has been received, although the AOS and petition for alien relative has since been updated. 

I never got the combo card after my biometrics. I'm guessing they decided to hold on to it since my interview was scheduled about 6 weeks afterwards. I'm not sure though, just guessing...

Did the Bio appt on 7/30/2021.

Today, 8/16, my EAD status shows "New Card Is Being Produced". Finally! (Need this to renew my drivers license)

No new status for AOS. Last update was 8/5/2021: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Local office: Santa Ana, CA

For AOS:

Date Received: 11/16/2020

NOA Date: 12/23/2020

RFE: 3/23/2020

Bio appt: 7/30/2021

AOS: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 8/5/2021

EAD: New Card being produced: 8/16/2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

UPDATE

Hello guys.
2021 AOS from B2 visa marriage based, Baltimore ASC. 

01/04/2021: Sent packet via USPS
01/07/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet
01/13/2021: Received text messages for all forms (I-130, I-765, I-131, I-485) and CC charged for $1225.00 and $535.00
01/15/2021: Received all letters in the mail and used I-485 to get a drivers license at the MVA. (worked just fine)
01/30/2021: Received Biometrics appointment letter.
02/26/2021: Biometrics done and case was updated to "Show fingerprints were taken".
04/16/2021: Expedite request (Job Offer) & requested a tier 2 officer call back. Got email to send fax on the same day & faxed everything as well.
04/26/2021: Tier 2 officer called and confirmed they had received the fax.
04/27/2021: EAD and AP approved. New card is being produced. SAME DAY.
04/28/2021: Deficiency for I-693.
04/29/2021: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
05/01/2021: EAD&AP (Combo card) on HAND!
05/03/2021: SSN card on hand!
08/18/2021: Interview approved. I-485 & I-130 approved. New card is being produced. Same day.
Total: 223 days.

Very fast!! Hang in there guys
Hope this will help all of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.