Our timeline:

PD December 22nd, 2020

Marriage based-concurrent filing sent to Chicago lockbox

National Benefits Center

Field office: Detroit

ASC: Grand Rapids

4/22-contacted Senator Stabenow to inquire on case due to financial loss

4/28-heard back from Senator Stabenow’s office and sent proof of financial loss

5/18- received email from Senator Stabenow with USCIS response that biometrics were scheduled for 6/8

6/8- biometrics completed at Grand Rapids ASC

6/9-contacted Senator Stabenow’s office again to request expedite of EAD due to financial loss-senators office submitted request- USCIS approves expedite request 

6/10-new card is being produced

Congrats! My field office is also Detroit, and we have a similar PD date (mine is Dec 17). I'm working with senator Peters' office on expediting my AP. A question: after completing your biometrics, did your i-485 case change to "interview ready to be scheduled"? I just completed my biometrics a few days ago, and my i-485 status changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" within a day, but I still haven't heard back from the senator's office about my AP.

8 hours ago, muisti said:

Congrats! My field office is also Detroit, and we have a similar PD date (mine is Dec 17). I'm working with senator Peters' office on expediting my AP. A question: after completing your biometrics, did your i-485 case change to "interview ready to be scheduled"? I just completed my biometrics a few days ago, and my i-485 status changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" within a day, but I still haven't heard back from the senator's office about my AP.

Yes, our I-485 changed to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” right after the biometrics.  My husbands combo card is getting delivered today! Good luck with getting yours! 

I got notifications that there were some new replies to this thread so just on a whim decided to check my own case status, and apparently my I-485 has also been updated to 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview'. This happened on the 15th of June, a week after my biometrics appointment (which was on 6/8 in Grand Rapids, MI). I actually have a few questions now, if people can help me find answers to those things-

1. I'm not a super frequent visitor on these forums so how long after this case update should I expect an interview date? I'd assume within a month or two in normal circumstances but not sure how COVID has affected everything

2. I'm moving to upstate NY for work (currently on STEM-OPT) in about 3-4 weeks time. It's just going to be me and my spouse is going to stay back in MI. I know that I have to report my change of address to USCIS, but does that mean that our interview location also has to be changed corresponding to my location, or can it stay the same as it is now (which should be somewhere in MI, I'm assuming)?

3. We were planning on visiting each other for at least a week or two every month, and had planned on saving all our flight tickets and travel itineraries as proof of continued relationship. We are also on each other's bank accounts, insurance etc. Is there any other proof that we might need at the interview?

4. I haven't done my I-693 yet. Should I go and get it done now, now that our case is progressing, or should I wait for an actual interview date before scheduling anything? Taking into account where I'll be moving to, it's going to be a lot more convenient to get it done here.

Finally, it's so nice to see all of our cases progressing. It's really nice to be able to come here and talk to people who are going through the same thing I am. So happy for all of us!

7 hours ago, M_S said:

I got notifications that there were some new replies to this thread so just on a whim decided to check my own case status, and apparently my I-485 has also been updated to 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview'. This happened on the 15th of June, a week after my biometrics appointment (which was on 6/8 in Grand Rapids, MI). I actually have a few questions now, if people can help me find answers to those things-

1. I'm not a super frequent visitor on these forums so how long after this case update should I expect an interview date? I'd assume within a month or two in normal circumstances but not sure how COVID has affected everything

2. I'm moving to upstate NY for work (currently on STEM-OPT) in about 3-4 weeks time. It's just going to be me and my spouse is going to stay back in MI. I know that I have to report my change of address to USCIS, but does that mean that our interview location also has to be changed corresponding to my location, or can it stay the same as it is now (which should be somewhere in MI, I'm assuming)?

3. We were planning on visiting each other for at least a week or two every month, and had planned on saving all our flight tickets and travel itineraries as proof of continued relationship. We are also on each other's bank accounts, insurance etc. Is there any other proof that we might need at the interview?

4. I haven't done my I-693 yet. Should I go and get it done now, now that our case is progressing, or should I wait for an actual interview date before scheduling anything? Taking into account where I'll be moving to, it's going to be a lot more convenient to get it done here.

Finally, it's so nice to see all of our cases progressing. It's really nice to be able to come here and talk to people who are going through the same thing I am. So happy for all of us!

I've heard from a few people with Detroit as their field office that it only took about 10-14 days after "interview ready to be scheduled" for their case status to change to "interview scheduled." So fingers crossed it's the same for us. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Earlw said:

Me too. Till now, no biometrics appointment yet.  It’s been almost 7 months now since i received my NOA1’s. Any update on you? 

I think it depends on the centre handling your case. Where is it being handled?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, Ediye said:

Hi fellow December AOS filers, hope we're all hanging in there. Here's my own journey so far...

12/19/2020 - Package (485, 765, 131, 130, 944, 864) was sent off via USPS

12/21/2020 - Package recieved/priority date

01/24/2021 - Text messages for all 4 applications recieved

01/28/2021 - All 4 NOAs received in the mail

01/22/2021 - Notice Date on NOAs

Service Centre - National Benefits Center 

05/21/2021 - Received biometrics appointment letter scheduled for June 10th. 

ASC - Norridge, Illinois. 

I have a question though, am I required to go for the biometrics appointment with the Form i-693 or is that only required for the green card interview? Anyone have an idea? Please help...

Hi All, I thought to share an update in my application and to see if anyone has similar updates. 

06/10/2021 - biometrics completed 

06/24/2021 - status updated to 'ready to schedule for an interview'

06/25/2021 - I-693 deficiency notice letter received by mail

06/29/2021 - status updated to 'Interview was scheduled'. Says the interview notice will be mailed to me.

2 minutes ago, Ediye said:

Hi All, I thought to share an update in my application and to see if anyone has similar updates. 

06/10/2021 - biometrics completed 

06/24/2021 - status updated to 'ready to schedule for an interview'

06/25/2021 - I-693 deficiency notice letter received by mail

06/29/2021 - status updated to 'Interview was scheduled'. Says the interview notice will be mailed to me.

Nice! That’s exciting! 

On 6/17/2021 at 4:24 PM, muisti said:

It could be tomorrow, a month, 6 months, a year. However, the Detroit field office is one of the quick ones. 

You only have to report permanent changes of address. You are moving for a practicum/rotation/experience as part of your STEM-OPT. That is not a permanent change of address. 

It sounds like you have plenty of evidence. Hopefully, you sent plenty of evidence with your petition. I would just bring updated evidence to the interview. Definitely keep proof of visiting each other and continued relationship. (phone records won't hurt either)

Joint Federal & state taxes are a USCIS favorite. They will ask you for recent paystubs and you should both be listed as "married" on your paystubs. Add each other as emergency contacts to everything that you can. You should list your spouse as your emergency contact at school. 

Add each other as beneficiary on retirement accounts, too.

Consider getting an advance health directive - you designate each other to make health care decisions for each other. https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/financial-legal/free-printable-advance-directives/ USCIS takes that document very seriously. 

Tough call - up to you. I believe the I-693 will still be valid for 2 years. So it should be fine. https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update

Best wishes! :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

On 6/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, hlynnf23 said:

Here is an update on our case!

Our timeline:

PD December 22nd, 2020

Marriage based-concurrent filing sent to Chicago lockbox

National Benefits Center

Field office: Detroit

ASC: Grand Rapids

4/22-contacted Senator Stabenow to inquire on case due to financial loss

4/28-heard back from Senator Stabenow’s office and sent proof of financial loss

5/18- received email from Senator Stabenow with USCIS response that biometrics were scheduled for 6/8

6/8- biometrics completed at Grand Rapids ASC

6/9-contacted Senator Stabenow’s office again to request expedite of EAD due to financial loss-senators office submitted request- USCIS approves expedite request 

6/10-new card is being produced

Update: 

6/15/21 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

7/1/21 Interview was scheduled. 

We are in shock! 

3 minutes ago, muisti said:

Same!!! My interview was scheduled today in Detroit, too (PD Dec 17). I talked to a live agent and found out it's scheduled for August 5

Congratulations!  So exciting!

11 minutes ago, muisti said:

Same!!! My interview was scheduled today in Detroit, too (PD Dec 17). I talked to a live agent and found out it's scheduled for August 5

@muisti that's awesome! I am very happy for you. Time go start doctor shopping... :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

50 minutes ago, muisti said:

I tried finding out through a live agent when when ours is, but they said they didn’t see it yet. I told them that I got the email it was scheduled  and on USCIS case status it shows as scheduled but she was rude. I guess we will try again tomorrow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.