Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Anyone getting an idea of how many interviews they are going through since the march 1st prioritization? It's been pretty silent in most places I have been watching which is a little sad as I was hoping to start seeing people posting about getting interview invites or approved on here soon. I see Bri got one, huge congrats by the way.. but I was hoping to see a few other people as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, bogotaCO said:

Anyone getting an idea of how many interviews they are going through since the march 1st prioritization? It's been pretty silent in most places I have been watching which is a little sad as I was hoping to start seeing people posting about getting interview invites or approved on here soon. I see Bri got one, huge congrats by the way.. but I was hoping to see a few other people as well.

On the “visa IR1 y CR-1 colombia” group on facebook ive been seeing some interview traffic. Ppl who have been DQ’d in april/may 2020 are getting interview dates

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, bogotaCO said:

I hope things start going pretty soon, the NOA2 for me was 5/2020, so I’m anxious knowing we’re right around the the corner. The question is how long it will take to get around the corner.

Anyways, these links are for the numbers issuances of for non-immigrant visas (K1s) but January is the last month reported.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

This is for immigrant visas such as CR1/CR2

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

18 minutes ago, Mike and Nicole said:

On the “visa IR1 y CR-1 colombia” group on facebook ive been seeing some interview traffic. Ppl who have been DQ’d in april/may 2020 are getting interview dates

Good news, but I was hoping to see more K1s. I’m happy for everyone regardless of type though. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Mike and Nicole said:

I’ve been DQ’d since March 2020 and we had a scheduled appointment on April 6, 2020 which was canceled.  We haven’t heard jack.  And I know another couple who had a scheduled appointment on April 6, 2020 and they haven’t heard anything either.  Are the people who became DQ’d in April/May 2020, getting interview dates at the embassy in Bogota, or are they getting interviews in an embassy in a different country?  We will have serious questions for consulate officials if these people are getting interviews at the embassy in Bogota and were DQ’d in April/May 2020.  If that’s the case then the embassy is outright lying when they say that those with canceled appointments are getting the priority.  And they are also lying when they say that people will get interviews based on their DQ date.  They are obviously not scheduling interviews in any semblance of order.  As you can tell frustration is boiling over!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, James & Helga said:

I’ve been DQ’d since March 2020 and we had a scheduled appointment on April 6, 2020 which was canceled.  We haven’t heard jack.  And I know another couple who had a scheduled appointment on April 6, 2020 and they haven’t heard anything either.  Are the people who became DQ’d in April/May 2020, getting interview dates at the embassy in Bogota, or are they getting interviews in an embassy in a different country?  We will have serious questions for consulate officials if these people are getting interviews at the embassy in Bogota and were DQ’d in April/May 2020.  If that’s the case then the embassy is outright lying when they say that those with canceled appointments are getting the priority.  And they are also lying when they say that people will get interviews based on their DQ date.  They are obviously not scheduling interviews in any semblance of order.  As you can tell frustration is boiling over!

Im right there with you even though im DQ’d in November 2020. Everything i see I begin to question if i will be one of those that gets skipped over when they get close to my dates.

i suggest you join the group on facebook to see for yourself. I dont want to be putting ppls business out there as it is a private group. Ppl share their DQ dates, when their appointment is and also share their interview experience.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike and Nicole said:

Im right there with you even though im DQ’d in November 2020. Everything i see I begin to question if i will be one of those that gets skipped over when they get close to my dates.

i suggest you join the group on facebook to see for yourself. I dont want to be putting ppls business out there as it is a private group. Ppl share their DQ dates, when their appointment is and also share their interview experience.

I am a member of the Facebook group but I haven’t checked it in while.  I did check it and saw most of those getting interviews are for other countries.  Each country’s situation is different.  That reduces the stress level some.  

Edited by James & Helga

Timeline
19 minutes ago, James & Helga said:

I am a member of the Facebook group but I haven’t checked it in while.  I did check it and saw most of those getting interviews are for other countries.  Each country’s situation is different.  That reduces the stress level some.  

The colombia facebook group? I havent seen any there that are  from different countries

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike and Nicole said:

The colombia facebook group? I havent seen any there that are  from different countries

Oh there is a Colombia Facebook group?  I had no idea that one existed.  I’m a member of the CR-1 group on Facebook.  What’s the exact name of the Colombia Facebook group?

Timeline
1 minute ago, James & Helga said:

Oh there is a Colombia Facebook group?  I had no idea that one existed.  I’m a member of the CR-1 group on Facebook.  What’s the exact name of the Colombia Facebook group?

Yupp. Its alot better cause you dont see stuff from other countries. Just vzla and colombia. Here ill attach a screenshot of the name

F9C62C9B-5BA4-403E-9430-31928A0F6902.png

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mike and Nicole said:

Yupp. Its alot better cause you dont see stuff from other countries. Just vzla and colombia. Here ill attach a screenshot of the name

F9C62C9B-5BA4-403E-9430-31928A0F6902.png

Thank you so much!!

Timeline

I am also in a FB group for K1 in Colombia and have seen interviews getting scheduled for couples whose interviews were cancelled last year. I have also seen posts of those whose interviews were cancelled and they are still waiting, so it is a bit all over the board right now. Based on the January report for visa issuances in Bogota, it is clear that they are issuing visas - more than many other countries. 

The only reason I was lucky enough to get an interview is because my congresswoman assisted in expediting my case. I know I am sounding like a broken record, but I definitely recommend reaching out to your own representatives if you have not already, especially for those of you with early 2020 DQ dates. In real life I am generally not a very pushy person, but my friends and family began encouraging me early this year to become “the squeaky wheel” and just start writing to anyone I could, and don’t stop until someone listens 😂 so that is what I did. I wrote to everyone, including the president (he didn’t respond 😅)! I do know I was very fortunate to have a representative take the time to listen to me as I know others have not been so lucky...but it is free to try!! 

Stay hopeful everyone. The evidence is there that Bogota is processing. The order they are going in may be a little wonky but things are happening. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here to get good news VERY soon. 

Timeline

And an update from me...my fiancé and I are in fast and furious mode this week as he leaves Venezuela on Saturday. Being in Venezuela has proven difficult for him to get even the most basic things, like passport photos, so I am thankful I have him leaving a week early so he can finish up those last small to do’s in Colombia. We are still waiting for the embassy to officially receive our petition, but I called the NVC once again today and they reassured me it’s in the right hands and on its way out. I’ll be flying out April 3rd. I just got my first round of the Moderna vaccine and while I realize I am not yet fully protected, it is helping ease my travel anxieties. 

As soon as I get the interview packet I am going to share here in case it is helpful for you all. I check here regularly hoping for more good news from the group 💕

Timeline

They finally uploaded the number of visa issuances per post in February. If you add them all up and divide it, looks like 8 appointments a day maybe but the numbers dont include anyone they denied, so might be more. Again this is February and proclamation 10014 was reversed feb 24th. So hopefully the numbers significantly increase for March. i guess we will find out at the end of april when they upload the next pdf

D298A8D7-2896-48AE-9EDB-9C809ABD969A.jpeg

Edited by Mike and Nicole

Timeline
On 3/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mike and Nicole said:

They finally uploaded the number of visa issuances per post in February. If you add them all up and divide it, looks like 8 appointments a day maybe but the numbers dont include anyone they denied, so might be more. Again this is February and proclamation 10014 was reversed feb 24th. So hopefully the numbers significantly increase for March. i guess we will find out at the end of april when they upload the next pdf

D298A8D7-2896-48AE-9EDB-9C809ABD969A.jpeg

Could it be that the embassy is nearing the end of the backlog? I’ve heard that Bogota might start accepting cases from the NVC this month, but like every other rumor, I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.