Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

I recommend to people who are close to an appointment not to do the tests with Dr. Roa, they are a complete disorder, they have few reagents for the urine test and they give preference to people who come from another country to do the complete tests . Colombians have to come back another day when they call that they have spare reagents to do the urine analysis, the two women who attend Adriana and Nubia there are super unfriendly, they treat people as if they were going to give them something for free. When the results are complete, they take too long to send them to the embassy, in my opinion they do not have enough staff to efficiently process all the people they attend and for this office they are leaving many people in 221g, the other authorized doctor Yes has everything, but when I spoke with them they explained to me that I could no longer change doctors that I had to finish the whole process with Roa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 hours ago, Josm said:

I recommend to people who are close to an appointment not to do the tests with Dr. Roa, they are a complete disorder, they have few reagents for the urine test and they give preference to people who come from another country to do the complete tests . Colombians have to come back another day when they call that they have spare reagents to do the urine analysis, the two women who attend Adriana and Nubia there are super unfriendly, they treat people as if they were going to give them something for free. When the results are complete, they take too long to send them to the embassy, in my opinion they do not have enough staff to efficiently process all the people they attend and for this office they are leaving many people in 221g, the other authorized doctor Yes has everything, but when I spoke with them they explained to me that I could no longer change doctors that I had to finish the whole process with Roa.

This is excellent advice for anyone who has not yet had their medical exam. Definitely choose the other doctor if you can.

My wife's case is among many stuck in AP due to the issue with the lab from Dr. Roa. We have received ZERO information from them. The office assistants are VERY rude and unhelpful both on the phone and in person. Beware.

Timeline

I haven't call or email since I think everyone is in the same boat.. these are my details:

NOA - receipt date 01/21/2020

RFE - pictures didn't have dates - 04/17/2020  -- sent a lot / very detailed

NOA2 - 06/23/2020 - Notice of Approval (Valid from 06/23/20 to 10/22/20) - didnt do anything since on other threads all said it was extended automatically due to Covid

EMAIL from NVC - 06/08/2021-- approved I-129F will now forward petition to Bogota -- with Case# Receipt#

Girlfriend has not received anything neither have I

What should I do now? best action to take?

thanks everyone!

Edited by Andrs01-2020

Timeline
18 hours ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

I haven't call or email since I think everyone is in the same boat.. these are my details:

NOA - receipt date 01/21/2020

RFE - pictures didn't have dates - 04/17/2020  -- sent a lot / very detailed

NOA2 - 06/23/2020 - Notice of Approval (Valid from 06/23/20 to 10/22/20) - didnt do anything since on other threads all said it was extended automatically due to Covid

EMAIL from NVC - 06/08/2021-- approved I-129F will now forward petition to Bogota -- with Case# Receipt#

Girlfriend has not received anything neither have I

What should I do now? best action to take?

thanks everyone!

At this time its just a waiting game with the embassy.  They are the one to schedule your interview and they will reach out to you once they are ready.  Its almost impossible to speed up this process.  For us we waited a year between NVC and Embassy Interview.  Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, MedellinCOUS said:

At this time its just a waiting game with the embassy.  They are the one to schedule your interview and they will reach out to you once they are ready.  Its almost impossible to speed up this process.  For us we waited a year between NVC and Embassy Interview.  Best of luck!

I've seen on facebook that you can now schedule your appointment before the embassy sends you instructions. I'd recommend anyone at the Bogota embassy to join that group on facebook because it seems like the Bogota embassy is really disorganized.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

I've seen on facebook that you can now schedule your appointment before the embassy sends you instructions. I'd recommend anyone at the Bogota embassy to join that group on facebook because it seems like the Bogota embassy is really disorganized.

Where did you see this? The official US department of state visa appointment service clearly states to use/schedule an appointment 2 of the following must be true: 

1. you mist have an active immigrant visa application with a case number

2. you must have an IMMIGRANT VISA APPOINTMENT NOTICE FROM NVC

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

I tried endlessly to get an appointment scheduled for over a year and I can attest that it is impossible except for very rare situations.  As you can see throughout this entire thread, in the end you are at the mercy of the Embassy.  Period. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MedellinCOUS said:

I tried endlessly to get an appointment scheduled for over a year and I can attest that it is impossible except for very rare situations.  As you can see throughout this entire thread, in the end you are at the mercy of the Embassy.  Period. 

Hey I was looking at your timeline and noticed you already got your interview... Just wondering how that went? are you already reunited with your family?  
Also, how long after the interview do you think it would  be for my wife to enter the US (if everything goes well at the interview and medical exams). I'd appreciate your feedback...

Timeline
30 minutes ago, carva26 said:

Hey I was looking at your timeline and noticed you already got your interview... Just wondering how that went? are you already reunited with your family?  
Also, how long after the interview do you think it would  be for my wife to enter the US (if everything goes well at the interview and medical exams). I'd appreciate your feedback...

They unfortunately didn't approve the visa for my wife at the interview.  They set our status to "Rejected" which from my research means basically that it is under administrative review.  My wife sent in the additional documents they requested as well as her passport which they should have received 5 weeks ago.  So far no update, although the case looks like it was viewed or opened as of July 23rd, hopefully that is a good sign!  

From my understanding if everything goes well at the interview and you are approved it shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks after the interview that your wife would receive her passport back from the embassy ready to go.  That would be best case scenario.  We were hoping that was what would happen with us, but unfortunately there were other documents required in our case.

Best of luck!

Timeline
55 minutes ago, M&N2020 said:

Where did you see this? The official US department of state visa appointment service clearly states to use/schedule an appointment 2 of the following must be true: 

1. you mist have an active immigrant visa application with a case number

2. you must have an IMMIGRANT VISA APPOINTMENT NOTICE FROM NVC

That's what I've been reading.. that we have to wait for that document.. if not, how do we schedule?

what is the name of the facebook group?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

That's what I've been reading.. that we have to wait for that document.. if not, how do we schedule?

what is the name of the facebook group?

Its visa ir-1 y cr-1 colombia on facebook.

i havnt seen anyone post that you can schedule without having an interview letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.