Jay Jia

K1 is stuck in "ready" (merged)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing great in this chaos. I applied my K1 on AUG 2019, it got approved on SEP 2019. My fiancee also received an email on DEC 2019saying that "NVC will now forward the petition to the local US Consulate." Everything was going smoothly until the pandemic. I think I am at P2.5 where my fiancee should be able to receive the package. Unfortunately, it hasn't changed to "AP" or something else. I am stuck in the process of "READY" for almost a year. If any one has experienced or is now experiencing the same chaos, could you please let me know what is the best move I should take at this moment? Or who should I go to? Thank you so much for your time! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jay Jia said:

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing great in this chaos. I applied my K1 on AUG 2019, it got approved on SEP 2019. My fiancee also received an email on DEC 2019saying that "NVC will now forward the petition to the local US Consulate." Everything was going smoothly until the pandemic. I think I am at P2.5 where my fiancee should be able to receive the package. Unfortunately, it hasn't changed to "AP" or something else. I am stuck in the process of "READY" for almost a year. If any one has experienced or is now experiencing the same chaos, could you please let me know what is the best move I should take at this moment? Or who should I go to? Thank you so much for your time! 

Have you done your interview? Also which package are you talking about. 

6 hours ago, Jay Jia said:

First, you visit the embassy website for your country to get updated.

Second, you can use this tool to get current information about your embassy. 

Third, you should finish your profile so that we can see what embassy you are processing through and for what visa type you also are pursuing. The completion of your timeline is also important. These are two bits of information that lets us give you factual information in answering your questions as each embassy is different in how they procedure at this junction to where you find yourself.

So, we need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Fourth item is you should be a part of the conversation where others that are from your same country/region are talking about their process for your embassy. Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about three-fourths of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

Thanks 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thank you so much for replying.

I am a US citizen, and applying for a K-1 visa for my fiancee who is currently in Shanghai, China. Here is my timeline:

Aug 09. 2019 - USCIS California Service Center received my application(I-129F) 

Aug 13, 2019 - I received I-797C with the receipt number

Nov 14, 2019 - I received I-797, my application was approved. 

Dec 26, 2019 - I received an email from NVC saying that "NVC will now now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Guangzhou, China"

I haven't heard a word after that. 

Timeline

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing great in this chaos. 

I am a US citizen, and applying for a K-1 visa for my fiancee who is currently in Shanghai, China. Here is my timeline:

Dec 26, 2019 - I received an email from NVC saying that "NVC will now now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Guangzhou, China"

I haven't heard a word after that. I think I am at stage P2.5, where my fiancee should receive a package from GUZ consult. But I am stuck in the process of "READY" for almost a year.

If any one has experienced or is now experiencing the same chaos, could you please let me know what is the best move I should take at this moment? Or who should I go to?

Thank you so much for your time! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Jay Jia said:

Dec 26, 2019 - I received an email from NVC saying that "NVC will now now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Guangzhou, China"

I haven't heard a word after that. I think I am at stage P2.5, where my fiancee should receive a package from GUZ consult. But I am stuck in the process of "READY" for almost a year.

If any one has experienced or is now experiencing the same chaos, could you please let me know what is the best move I should take at this moment? Or who should I go to?

If your embassy is doing interviews go ahead and schedule the appointment and then send them an email requesting your P3 package. 

1 hour ago, Jay Jia said:

It has been a year, and you haven't inquired with the embassy?

• Ontarkie changed the title to K1 is stuck in "ready" (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please do not start more than one thread for the same or related topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

It has been a year, and you haven't inquired with the embassy?

Guangzhou is not processing K1. It looks like he wasn't notified before January 23rd to receive his P3 packet. The consulate staff went on Chinese national holiday in late January and left in mass February during the height of the pandemic in China. When the staff returned in late summer they are only processing National Interest Exempt visas. They will contact OPs fiancé when they resume routine processing to confirm their mailing address to send the P3. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jay Jia said:

You will have to wait until the US lifts the China travel restriction before hearing from the Guangzhou consulate. They will reach out to your fiancé once they are processing K1 again. 

Timeline

Thank you all for replying. 

My situation is really complicated. The Chinese New Year was in January, then the pandemic caused a lockdown in February. That was when everything stopped.

Is there any way to find out what timeline that they are working on? The CEAC website only tell me "ready," no more useful information. 

There are many of us in the same boat. Here are couple of responses from Guangzhou after the litigation hearings couple weeks ago. And after another one this week, the judge has allowed more of us to be added to the list of plaintiffs. https://www.visalaw.com/k-1-litigation-new-plaintiffs-onboarding/

So right now we are at a weird spot where we can join the plaintiffs and hope to receive p3 before January and hopefully land an interview date mid-Jan for $2,000. Or wait for the proclamation to expire and hope consulate don’t give us another excuse and hopefully get an interview before April/May. The unknown is whether current China plaintiffs have received any interview date or not. 

3DC584A4-7C9D-4F1E-AA8E-0C0C804E3E24.jpeg

F480A6A8-0319-4FF6-8CC4-8BE99BAAF3BC.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.