ShawnSpiker

Form I-130 Process for Family from the Egypt during the pPandemic.

96 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Two I-130.  One case for your mother.  A second case for your sister.  Unrelated cases.  Each is separate.

I got it. Thank you.

I just don’t know if it is worth it to do it for my sister. If it is 20 years or more.

I am actually don’t know what to do

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I got it. Thank you.

I just don’t know if it is worth it to do it for my sister. If it is 20 years or more.

There is only one way for your sister to immigrate to the US.  It's by you filing the I-130.  

Currently, it takes about 14-15 years for a USC to file for a sibling.  

If you don't file the I-130, then the choice is made for her not to immigrate to the US.

If you file the I-130, then she has a choice in 14-15 years to immigrate to the US or not.  If she has kids by then, she might decide to immigrate to the US for them.

Your choice is to file the I-130 or not to file.  That's it. 

Edited by aaron2020

7 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I got it. Thank you.

If you file she has the choice in 15 or whatever years (a little sooner if she stays unmarried and your mom can file for her)

if you don’t file, she never has the option 

this is how most people do it for the very long categories (married child of citizen, sibling), file and forget, see what happens down the line

in the meanwhile .if she has competed high school or higher she can enter DV lottery each year, unfortunately the latest entry period closed a few weeks ago. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I got it. Thank you.

As others have stated, sponsoring siblings takes a very long time.  Your sister (and her future husband) could try applying for the diversity visa (aka the green card lottery), it is a long shot but gives them a chance at immigrating more quickly.  The 2022 submission period ended on November 10 and Egypt was a qualifying country, they could try again next year.  All the best.

14 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

There is only one way for your sister to immigrate to the US.  It's by you filing the I-130.  

Currently, it takes about 14-15 years for a USC to file for a sibling.  

If you don't file the I-130, then the choice is made for her not to immigrate to the US.

If you file the I-130, then she has a choice in 14-15 years to immigrate to the US or not.  If she has kids by then, she might decide to immigrate to the US for them.

Your choice is to file the I-130 or not to file.  That's it. 

Is that might effect or change if she want to come earlier with a tourist visa? I mean can she get denied at the counselor for any visa since I filed for her the 1-130 form?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Any immigration through you is decades away so should not be an issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, ShawnSpiker said:

Is that might effect or change if she want to come earlier with a tourist visa? I mean can she get denied at the counselor for any visa since I filed for her the 1-130 form?

For a sibling visa, very unlikely that will be a reason for denial, because it takes so long, there is no legal path to her staying from a tourist visit. FYI I was able to renew a tourist visa and get new ones for my family while we were waiting for F3. It will depend on her ties to home and not on what you have filed for her.

14 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

If you file she has the choice in 15 or whatever years (a little sooner if she stays unmarried and your mom can file for her)

if you don’t file, she never has the option 

this is how most people do it for the very long categories (married child of citizen, sibling), file and forget, see what happens down the line

in the meanwhile .if she has competed high school or higher she can enter DV lottery each year, unfortunately the latest entry period closed a few weeks ago. 

I did the DV lottery for both of them.

I like this idea. Can I file the I-130 for both of them now. And if my mom came in less that 2 years. can she also file for my sister another form to bring her faster if she is not married while the I-130 form is pending.

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Any immigration through you is decades away so should not be an issue.

What do you mean?

Timeline

So your Sister may not marry?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:
6 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

For a sibling visa, very unlikely that will be a reason for denial, because it takes so long, there is no legal path to her staying from a tourist visit. FYI I was able to renew a tourist visa and get new ones for my family while we were waiting for F3. It will depend on her ties to home and not on what you have filed for her.

Thank you.

I am sill wondering if my sister and mom can come here on a tourist visa while they have the I-130 form pending.

I mean they will never tell them at the embassy we can not give you the visa since you want to be immigrant and live with you family in the USA through the  I-130 form.

How your family immigrate after you renew their F3 visa?

Timeline

Any reason they have not visited so far, obviously you have been here for a while.

1 minute ago, ShawnSpiker said:

What do you mean? I don't understand the question.

You said your Mother would sponsor her when she comes here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

mistake....sorry

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Thank you.

I am sill wondering if my sister and mom can come here on a tourist visa while they have the I-130 form pending.

I mean they will never tell them at the embassy we can not give you the visa since you want to be immigrant and live with you family in the USA through the  I-130 form.

How your family immigrate after you renew their F3 visa?

No one renewed a F3 visa, renewed the tourist visa. Visited a few times after my father filed F3, we had no problems with that. We immigrated after we won the DV lottery. I am naturalized already. I would still be waiting for my F3 visa. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

10 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Immigrant intent is actually the most common reason for denial. And they do tell you, they have to give a reason for denial. Immigrant intent is section 214b denial.
Filing an i30 might be an issue for your mom to get a tourist visa (because your mom can just stay and adjust status with no consequences if she visits) but the situation is different for your sister. She cannot just stay and wait for a sibling visa as she will be illegal for many years and unable to adjust status after that. Again regardless of whether you file a sibling visa she needs to show ties to Egypt to successfully get a tourist visa. It’s just not relevant that she might have a visa available in 15 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.