2,962 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Thank you so much @Stillwinning!!!😊 is it that those who receive more RFE's are in danger zone? 5 wow, did those guys with multiple RFE received approval?

Ever since i get US visa, i always received RFE, not a single instance i reached out to USCIS and never received and RFE, not sure if i am on surveillance or something for some reason. 1. RFE when i applied for visa, got approved in 30 days. 2. when i applied for COS within US, approved in 8 months, 3. when i applied for OPT after graduation, approved in 9 months, 4. Even when i applied for STEM OPT I received exact same RFE i received for my OPT. approved in 3 months. and now two RFE's with my WAVA and i am not even half way through. 

Thanks, I will let you know you experts what RFE they send me once i will get it.  

Not neccessarily.. it just means they need more evidence give them all they ask and you're good! Keep us posted and yes the ones with all those RFEs where approved!😊👍

2 hours ago, shayona said:

Does USCIS provide mail tracking number once they send greencard? They have updated status yesterday that they mailed my new card but still didn’t have provided tracking number. Is this normal? 

I had tracking number in online status. But as we know updates aren’t reliable. The good news is you or your attorney should receive the card by next week! Congratulations!!

3 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

I was worried how USCIS could send 2nd RFE in 8-9 months specially when there are people are waiting from 2019 and even 2018. :( 

Please have faith. You will certainly cross the hurdle and eventually get approval. If i were you i would start gathering any additional evidence for good faith marriage, moral character and abuse. I don’t hesitate to be over prepared as there’s nothing we have to lose by being proactive. Once you receive rfe you will have everything ready to file response! I pray that you gather courage and get through this step asap 👍🏽🙏🏽

3 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Thank you so much @Stillwinning!!!😊 is it that those who receive more RFE's are in danger zone? 5 wow, did those guys with multiple RFE received approval?

Ever since i get US visa, i always received RFE, not a single instance i reached out to USCIS and never received and RFE, not sure if i am on surveillance or something for some reason. 1. RFE when i applied for visa, got approved in 30 days. 2. when i applied for COS within US, approved in 8 months, 3. when i applied for OPT after graduation, approved in 9 months, 4. Even when i applied for STEM OPT I received exact same RFE i received for my OPT. approved in 3 months. and now two RFE's with my WAVA and i am not even half way through. 

Thanks, I will let you know you experts what RFE they send me once i will get it.  

Do you have a very popular name ? what was first & second RFE for ?

Timeline
7 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Damn, so you got RFE on month 14th...I have not heard anything in my 22 months...does it mean anything ? is it good or no ? Lol

No, I got RFE on months 2, you might be on FBI background check and 22 months of waiting is very very normal, but you are almost there though.

2 hours ago, sam012019 said:

I  applied for renewal EAD (c9)before its expiry, now the 180days is completing from the expiry date of my ead, I still have not got EAD. What are my options now?

Did you get the receipt notice letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, sheima said:

New Card is being produced, How long it takes to get the card in hand.

Compared with everything that you've been through?  In the blink of an eye. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, sheima said:

No, I got RFE on months 2, you might be on FBI background check and 22 months of waiting is very very normal, but you are almost there though.

so officially USCIS says that they process I360's in order that it was received.
But we see the real situation here - question: could it be the size of the petition ?

My petition was 175 pages long + I sent in some info later maybe up to 10 pages.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:33 AM, MAYgirl said:

Hi the same thing I am wondering my local office is Brooklyn and been

approved since September 12, 2018 

Transfer to local office September 25 ,2018 

And still waiting for and interview 

I contacted Congresswoman and they say the office waiting for a date for interview 

And waiting for Ombusman reply 

Just frustrating Brooklyn seems to be the slowest office in NYC 

Thats crazy you got approved since September 2018 and still did not get scheduled for an interview yet? And am the one frustrated and complaining my goodness hopefully its over soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I eventually submitted my Vawa application In November 2020, I got my receipt and now they sent me Prima Facie determination all I have heard about is Prima Facie approval what is the difference and what is the implication of this

Edited by Tluck

23 hours ago, Six666 said:

Waiting since JUNE 2017 filed i485 and i360

I360 approved in NOV 2018

Waiting for intervew appointment in NYC

I would love to know how they decide who they gonna scheduled because I've seen people got approved in 2019 and they get there interview already.

On 2/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, Kama2018 said:

God Bless you and helps you. Keep praying and asking. He is the ONE who can bring anything from nowhere. I can feel your feelings like I am you. It is so hard not knowing and waiting. 

Did you contact Ombudsman?

I can share my experience since I am Nov 2018 filler, and just today got online status update that Case was approved. I don't know if that helped or not, But I contacted Senator, Ombudsman and sent FOIA request in past 6 month. I remember Senator was first, than Ombudsman and same time I sent request for FOIA. I was feeling so bad, so frustrated that honestly just decide to write and do everything without waiting results from any of them. I do not know if any of them helped me but it is just for info.

Wish you fast approval, wish everyone here who is waiting fast approval. God Bless all of us. Being migrant is not easy and all this sadness with papers makes it worst.....

Patience for you, and know your time will come!!!

Congratulations for you approval , hopefully my case gets approved soon ! 
No dear i didn’t contact the ombudsman .. i don’t know how can i do this .. could you please help me ?  
i really appreciate your help 

thanks in advance 🧡

Edited by Fishy89

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.