2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi @sandranj 

Good morning, I have green card interview scheduled on 19th January, I am really nervous and little worried about how it would go. Could you please tell me what kind of question interview office will ask me, I am still getting emotionally exhausted when I have to describe about the abuse i have faced, and I know there are some trouble making officers are there who intentionally do it. These days I am feeling so down because of such thoughts, I keep praying to God to end my misery and tragedy, and meanwhile getting ready myself for interview. I am overstayed (I was out of status) here in USA since march 2017 because as I was in relationship and then got married to my ex. Do officer could ask me why did I have overstayed?   Please give me some advise for my interview, please pray for me 🙏 

1 hour ago, shayona said:

Hi @sandranj 

Good morning, I have green card interview scheduled on 19th January, I am really nervous and little worried about how it would go. Could you please tell me what kind of question interview office will ask me, I am still getting emotionally exhausted when I have to describe about the abuse i have faced, and I know there are some trouble making officers are there who intentionally do it. These days I am feeling so down because of such thoughts, I keep praying to God to end my misery and tragedy, and meanwhile getting ready myself for interview. I am overstayed (I was out of status) here in USA since march 2017 because as I was in relationship and then got married to my ex. Do officer could ask me why did I have overstayed?   Please give me some advise for my interview, please pray for me 🙏 

We have the same date! From what I can remember it was mentioned here that they are no longer suppose to ask about the abuse because it has already been adjudicated.  If I remember correctly you can say politely that the abuse has already been adjudicated and that you don't want to talk about it as you want to move on. I hope some members on here will confirm this as well to be true.

People who have gone through the interview posted here that generally they were asked on information that they filled out on the I-485 etc.

Good luck to us!

Edited by cindy122808

5 minutes ago, Kely said:

Hello family! I received a request for medicals a month ago and sent them out on january 6th. Today i just saw this update. Looks like somebody is getting approved without interview. Correct me if I'm wrong lol i thought it was going to say to say that it was approved instead of card being produced. But yea, thats the i485. I am so grateful 🙏🏾

20210113_111731.jpg

Congratulations 👏 🥳🥳 happy to see this, we all celebrate when the family win.God is awesome.

18 minutes ago, Kely said:

Hello family! I received a request for medicals a month ago and sent them out on january 6th. Today i just saw this update. Looks like somebody is getting approved without interview. Correct me if I'm wrong lol i thought it was going to say to say that it was approved instead of card being produced. But yea, thats the i485. I am so grateful 🙏🏾

20210113_111731.jpg

Yasss Kells you did it!😀👍🎊🎉🎊🎉 Congratulations dear!

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yasss Kells you did it!😀👍🎊🎉🎊🎉 Congratulations dear!

Thank you so much @Stillwinning!!!😊. for your support and sympathy🙏🏾 I can't wait to have it in hands.

Filed: Other Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sharshar42 said:

Hey hun, you have an interview this month right?

Yes dear, actually I had it December 16th submitted everything as requested by the IO, only to get an rfe again the next day asking for the same stuff I gave him. The rfe asked for employment letter with 2 recent paystubs and a copy of my divorce. I gave the divorce copy to him but still asked for it again and the only new thing was the letter and paystubs. I responded immediately and it's been about 2 weeks now without any update yet.

I'm just fed up with this whole rollercoaster ride with uscis and I feel so frustrated. My renewal for my combo card is still pending since August and only have my 180 day notices like I mentioned earlier.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kely said:

20210113_111731.jpg

Congrats 🗽🇺🇸 you can fly like a bird 🦅 

Edited by sheima

59 minutes ago, Kely said:

20210113_111731.jpg

Congratulations hun! Pls share timeline and your State. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, aquila said:

Yes dear, actually I had it December 16th submitted everything as requested by the IO, only to get an rfe again the next day asking for the same stuff I gave him. The rfe asked for employment letter with 2 recent paystubs and a copy of my divorce. I gave the divorce copy to him but still asked for it again and the only new thing was the letter and paystubs. I responded immediately and it's been about 2 weeks now without any update yet.

I'm just fed up with this whole rollercoaster ride with uscis and I feel so frustrated. My renewal for my combo card is still pending since August and only have my 180 day notices like I mentioned earlier.

I know your frustration but don't worry it will soon end, as far I see you at the finish line you will have your GC in hand sooner than you think the hardest part is over, remember @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊and the rest of the family always say immigration is messy he must have lost your stuff. Dont even worry about the combo card no need for it. Sometimes we get a little set back but God is always on time 🙏 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.