sandybabe_onuh

UPDATE...My husbands family forced him to divorce me.

44 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

First, I want to thank all who have left me messages concerning my recent post. It's good to know their are people that cares about others.

Next, to update on my situstion, my husband and I are planning on doing the divorce reversal. He says since his family no longer thinks we are involved now in any way, the family pressure is off completely. So in a short time I pray all will be to normal for us and we proeede with our plans ahead.

Now, I still have been checking on the I130 petition daily, even though my husband divorced me last week, and I have an update on our status .

I called the USCIS today (California) and was told our I130 has been approved and I should receive notice in postal mail soon.

Also, they told me it was already at the NVC. I called the NVC, and yes, for a fact it was entered into the system on June 15 2007. I was given a new case number to inquire in the future pertaining to the petition.

So to calculate my timeline here, it took 92 days from NOA1 to the I130 being entered into the NVC system.

Please keep praying for me and Stanley ok. No matter what some make think here, we do love each other and want to be together again, as before all this happened. Sometimes we have to make choices and decisions in our lives that effect other people. Sometimes we also have to give in to pressure from others when it's soo hard that you feel as if you are gonna die. So please don't judge me or my husband on either decision that was and is being made. Just pray that God has His will in all things involved ok.

Thanks and God Bless each of you on your journey.

sandybabe_onuh

Good Luck to you, both.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Just out of curiosity: Once the divorce is "reversed", are you considered to be married again or will you have to re-marry?

And will you be able to proceed with the same petition as before the "divorce"?

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Just out of curiosity: Once the divorce is "reversed", are you considered to be married again or will you have to re-marry?

I am wondering the same. If the decision is simply reversed that is one thing, but if no longer married and you must marry again........well it would seem your entire petition is false at this point.

I do agree, it should be an interesting interview. Wish you well.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Has anyone else from Nigeria ever heard of obtaining a divorce in 1 week. Has anyone else from Nigeria ever heard of having it reversed in 1 week? Has anyone else from Nigeria ever heard of reversing a divorce? Do you have anything official that shows a divorce occurred? It doesn't seem reasonable to me.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Only God has the final say concerning this situation.

Actually the Consulate.

Allthough some people consider that they consider themselves similar.

DITTO! They play God for a short time.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Timeline

Sandy,

Thanks for updating us. i will be following your updates and praying for you & Stanely.

Blessings & Favor be yours,

Abuchi&Denise

And i said there was no such thing as love at first sight....UNTIL IT HAPPENED TO ME!

10/19/06- Met online in a christain chat room.

03/16/07-04/15/07 Visited & stayed together in Bombay,India

04/14/07- Engagment ring

08/29/07-9/14/07 - 2nd visit to India (NewDelhi)

Has anyone else from Nigeria ever heard of obtaining a divorce in 1 week. Has anyone else from Nigeria ever heard of having it reversed in 1 week? Has anyone else from Nigeria ever heard of reversing a divorce? Do you have anything official that shows a divorce occurred? It doesn't seem reasonable to me.

They've heard of such things here www.thescambaiter.com :whistle:

Edited by AlienUKGirl

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

They've heard of such things here www.thescambaiter.com :whistle:

Could you provide an example? Do you have a specific link?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In Nigeria, with the right connections and the rght sum of money passing hands, I am sure anything is possible.

Whether it would be legal is another issue.

I have heard of annulment with marriages, but never with divorce.

Nigerian Law is based on English common law, there is no precedent in English common law.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Placing the whole isse of whether it is possible/legal or feasible to "reverse" a divorce aside, Mrs. Johnson06, let's for the sake of discussion consider that it is possible to reverse a divorce. Why would you ask what the status of the parties is afterwards? If a divorce is a legal termination of marriage, and that termination were reversed as if it had never happened, do you still think the marriage never happened, or the act that began to terminate the marriage? Think about it, eh. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

Is this divorce legal?

DIVORCE CERTIFICATE Civil Divorce: Only high courts have jurisdiction over civil divorces in any state in Nigeria except Imo state, where the Magistrate’s Court has jurisdiction. The proper documentation for the dissolution of a civil marriage is a “Decree Absolute” issued by the high court granting the divorce. Three other divorce documents, the “Enrolment of Order”, the “Decree Nisi” and the “Certificate of Decree Nisi Having Become Absolute” mark steps in the divorce process but do not indicate final divorce.

Customary Divorce: Marriage under native law and custom can only be dissolved by the customary court having jurisdiction over the area where the marriage took place. The proper documentation for customary divorce is a certificate of divorce rendered by a customary court, which will contain a true and certified copy of the proceedings”. There are two exceptions. Between 1971 and 1976, Anambra and Imo states, then known as “East Central State”, permitted Chief Magistrate’s Courts there to grant customary divorces. As of 1976, Imo state is the only state where Chief Magistrate’s Courts can issue customary divorce decrees.

Islamic Divorce: Islamic courts are the only courts having jurisdiction in dissolution of Islamic marriages.

Divorce by traditional rulers, affidavits and statutory declarations of divorce, even when authentic, have no standing under Nigerian law.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Is this divorce legal?
DIVORCE CERTIFICATE Civil Divorce: Only high courts have jurisdiction over civil divorces in any state in Nigeria except Imo state, where the Magistrate’s Court has jurisdiction. The proper documentation for the dissolution of a civil marriage is a “Decree Absolute” issued by the high court granting the divorce. Three other divorce documents, the “Enrolment of Order”, the “Decree Nisi” and the “Certificate of Decree Nisi Having Become Absolute” mark steps in the divorce process but do not indicate final divorce.

Customary Divorce: Marriage under native law and custom can only be dissolved by the customary court having jurisdiction over the area where the marriage took place. The proper documentation for customary divorce is a certificate of divorce rendered by a customary court, which will contain a true and certified copy of the proceedings”. There are two exceptions. Between 1971 and 1976, Anambra and Imo states, then known as “East Central State”, permitted Chief Magistrate’s Courts there to grant customary divorces. As of 1976, Imo state is the only state where Chief Magistrate’s Courts can issue customary divorce decrees.

Islamic Divorce: Islamic courts are the only courts having jurisdiction in dissolution of Islamic marriages.

Divorce by traditional rulers, affidavits and statutory declarations of divorce, even when authentic, have no standing under Nigerian law.

Nothing about Divorce reversal.

I do not remember seeing enough info about the original divorce or marriage to comment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Placing the whole isse of whether it is possible/legal or feasible to "reverse" a divorce aside, Mrs. Johnson06, let's for the sake of discussion consider that it is possible to reverse a divorce. Why would you ask what the status of the parties is afterwards? If a divorce is a legal termination of marriage, and that termination were reversed as if it had never happened, do you still think the marriage never happened, or the act that began to terminate the marriage? Think about it, eh. :)

:blush: You sound like my husband...

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi there How are you holding up considering the circumstances. I am actually in Nigeria right now and explained the situation to my Nigerian husband and he let me know that your husband can not divorce you without the correct documentation being signed from the high court. Whats more is that we went to the high courts yesterday to get a certified copy of his birth certificate and they verified to me that it is not possible to divorce someone without both parties consenting. They said they would have to forward you divorce papers to sign and because of the distance they would consider a phone interview of why you 2 are divorcing. YOU HAVE TO SIGN PAPERS ACCORDING TO THE COURTS. Secondly another valid point my husband made is that he is a grown man and his family only has an opinion they can not make him do anything, besides when the petition is all done he will not be there with them anyway. You should ask him to provide you with documents verifying the divorce and move on from there

CASE COMPLETE (THANK YOU JESUS) December 13, 2007

.....Dont you know that Gods Favor is more precious than Life....

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.