785 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum.my husband case was documentary qualify on June 2021 . I don't know the criteria Abu dhabi is using to issue visa .I'm tire on waiting for almost 10months . My visa category is F-2A. Pls can anyone update me .thanks 

On 3/3/2022 at 7:49 PM, Riber said:

Ah okay, that makes more sense :)  I'm also DQ in Jan 22, so hopefully we both get a letter soon. 

Nationality shouldn't matter, but it kinda sounds like it might in some cases. All of this is very opaque, so it's hard to say. There's a telegram group for family based visas at abu dhabi embassy, think I posted it here a couple posts ago if you want to join!

Hey, can I join to the telegram group?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello, came across this site which estimates the processing timeline and backlog for each US embassy based on visa category. 

Looks like after NVC DQ for a CR1/IR1 visa at Abu Dhabi the estimated wait time is about 6 months. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 10:44 PM, AR & SA said:

Hello, came across this site which estimates the processing timeline and backlog for each US embassy based on visa category. 

Looks like after NVC DQ for a CR1/IR1 visa at Abu Dhabi the estimated wait time is about 6 months. 

Thanks for sharing! this seems super long :(

The website is trying to estimate the status of the backlog, but it's not accurate (it's actually saying Abu Dhabi is 6 months ahead of the expectations, meaning interviews should be scheduled very quickly. However it does seem the wait time is currently around 6 months for UAE residents. Although they have been prioritizing EB3 and Afghan visas lately, so not sure if the timeline still holds true.

30 minutes ago, Riber said:

The website is trying to estimate the status of the backlog, but it's not accurate (it's actually saying Abu Dhabi is 6 months ahead of the expectations, meaning interviews should be scheduled very quickly. However it does seem the wait time is currently around 6 months for UAE residents. Although they have been prioritizing EB3 and Afghan visas lately, so not sure if the timeline still holds true.

I'm Eb3 DQd since July 2021 & haven't received my IL yet. There're multiple members of this group EB3 DQd since 2020 with no IL yet so not sure on which basis you're saying EB3 is being prioritized. And yes the website is unfortunately completely inaccurate and off track especially for EB3 

1 hour ago, Spikee said:

I'm Eb3 DQd since July 2021 & haven't received my IL yet. There're multiple members of this group EB3 DQd since 2020 with no IL yet so not sure on which basis you're saying EB3 is being prioritized. And yes the website is unfortunately completely inaccurate and off track especially for EB3 

The post was regarding IR1/CR1, this is the timeline I was referring to. I believe there was a general statement from the state department announcing EB3 Nurses specifically, would be prioritized. This doesn't mean their DQ dates are later than IR1, just that a higher number per month will be issued than previously. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 9:49 PM, Riber said:

Ah okay, that makes more sense :)  I'm also DQ in Jan 22, so hopefully we both get a letter soon. 

Nationality shouldn't matter, but it kinda sounds like it might in some cases. All of this is very opaque, so it's hard to say. There's a telegram group for family based visas at abu dhabi embassy, think I posted it here a couple posts ago if you want to join!

Hi, plz can you send me a link of this telegram group

Anyone can suggest for parents IR5 what is the wait time for IL. They are pakistani but UAE residents since 40 yrs or more

On 3/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, AR & SA said:

I have been DQ for 17 months now, so I don't know how credible that is

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.