Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

196 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anyone else checking the Embassy interview availability page twice a day? 😔 NVC sent our application to the Embassy just days before the Embassy stopped processing K visas back in November. I'm starting to have dreams where I see appointment slots instead of the usual There are currently no appointments available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I contacted a San Diego, CA based Filipino Immigration Lawyer today.   To help draft my expedite request, I want it done right the first time, and with highest chances of acceptance by the embassy.   My reasoning will be me being a wounded warrior (disabled vet) already on approved SSDI, needing help with day to day caretaking assistance with personal care, going to appointments, etc. and I am also working as an essential frontliner supporting covid response. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally got our interview scheduled. Wish it wasn't just a complete free-for-all. Our Embassy resumed interviews on Friday, and I found some slots today after playing refresh Bingo. I feel bad for anybody that happens to be asleep when they add appointment slots.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:41 PM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2 K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case on wards to your Embassy.  Contained in the PDF below are many tips, tricks, and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary. If you are new to this thread, please use the link below to read the information which are answers to the most asked questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

My fiancé got his passport and issued visa today! He’s coming to the USA on Sunday. 

His interview was on March 8 in Lebanon. 

Good luck to everyone here!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

There are some updates I would love to share with ya'll. Yesterday I interviewed at the US embassy in Georgia and my K1 visa got approved. Altogether the process since applying took a year. Despite the frustrations of waiting so long there was a light at the end of the tunnel. The interview was so easy and smooth that I could not even imagine  it in my dreams. At the embassy employees from security guards to the visa officers were superbly friendly, even the environment in the interview room was inviting. Within 10 minutes in the room I was calm and focused. After the documents were taken, I was asked to wait. Meanwhile other lady was interviewing for a K1 visa and her love story was so sweet that left all of us with teary eyes. In my interview window, I was met by a chilled American man who's smile I could see through his mask ❤️that helped and I was able to speak with him like I spoke with peers :D let's get to the business now...

There are few things I would advise the couples preparing for interview to do.

First, have a wonderfully organized  documents and organize them according to the P3 package the embassy sent you. In my case, they have asked for ds-160, passport, fee payment; original documents with notarized translations(police certificates and so on); I-134 with all supporting documents; evidence of genuine engagement: pictures, correspondence frequency, remittances and so on. At the interview they have not asked beyond these documents though I had my i-129f  with me.  

Second, I reviewed 100 questions or more, but was asked these two. 1. So you went to the US before on what type of visa? If you had a J1 visa make sure 2 year requirement is met or waived. 2. How did you meet your fiancé? 3. Where does he work? 

The officer looked at some of the pictures and said - ''ohh, they are cool'' and then ''seems we have everything we need and you should have your passport within a week'' DONE. 

Seems like the embassies missed applicants too :D 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Baldi said:

Hello everyone,

There are some updates I would love to share with ya'll. Yesterday I interviewed at the US embassy in Georgia and my K1 visa got approved. Altogether the process since applying took a year. Despite the frustrations of waiting so long there was a light at the end of the tunnel. The interview was so easy and smooth that I could not even imagine  it in my dreams. At the embassy employees from security guards to the visa officers were superbly friendly, even the environment in the interview room was inviting. Within 10 minutes in the room I was calm and focused. After the documents were taken, I was asked to wait. Meanwhile other lady was interviewing for a K1 visa and her love story was so sweet that left all of us with teary eyes. In my interview window, I was met by a chilled American man who's smile I could see through his mask ❤️that helped and I was able to speak with him like I spoke with peers :D let's get to the business now...

There are few things I would advise the couples preparing for interview to do.

First, have a wonderfully organized  documents and organize them according to the P3 package the embassy sent you. In my case, they have asked for ds-160, passport, fee payment; original documents with notarized translations(police certificates and so on); I-134 with all supporting documents; evidence of genuine engagement: pictures, correspondence frequency, remittances and so on. At the interview they have not asked beyond these documents though I had my i-129f  with me.  

Second, I reviewed 100 questions or more, but was asked these two. 1. So you went to the US before on what type of visa? If you had a J1 visa make sure 2 year requirement is met or waived. 2. How did you meet your fiancé? 3. Where does he work? 

The officer looked at some of the pictures and said - ''ohh, they are cool'' and then ''seems we have everything we need and you should have your passport within a week'' DONE. 

Seems like the embassies missed applicants too :D 

Any idea if the officer did or did not have the photos you already sent with your I-129F application? I've printed out some from after we filed the I-129F, and am wondering if I need to reprint the old photos as well.

I'm trying to figure out how to demonstrate correspondence frequency, but it's difficult to print out an entire chat history dating back 3 years.

Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 2:39 AM, uapilot said:

Any idea if the officer did or did not have the photos you already sent with your I-129F application? I've printed out some from after we filed the I-129F, and am wondering if I need to reprint the old photos as well.

I'm trying to figure out how to demonstrate correspondence frequency, but it's difficult to print out an entire chat history dating back 3 years.

Well, if you are bringing I-129 whole package those pictures are included. I have not really paid attention if he had old pictures or not. As for the frequency for WhatsApp my fiancé screenshotted couple of call logs for each month. For emails  - put the word ''inbox'' in a Gmail search then ''label inbox'' comes up click it  and then you put the email of the person who's mails u wanna see and then print it whatever comes up.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Baldi said:

Well, if you are bringing I-129 whole package those pictures are included. I have not really paid attention if he had old pictures or not. As for the frequency for WhatsApp my fiancé screenshotted couple of call logs for each month. For emails  - put the word ''inbox'' in a Gmail search then ''label inbox'' comes up click it  and then you put the email of the person who's mails u wanna see and then print it whatever comes up.

I don't have the package though; I assume they do. All I have is a scanned copy of my application that they sent me. I guess this is the part where I realize I should have written down what I sent them. 😂

Timeline
4 hours ago, uapilot said:

I don't have the package though; I assume they do. All I have is a scanned copy of my application that they sent me. I guess this is the part where I realize I should have written down what I sent them. 😂

I mean, they did not ask to present it, but the embassies differ so you got to be prepared for everything as we want to get visa approved asap( we waited for so long) :D

Just follow the embassy's instructions and you will be fine ^_^

Timeline

Visa Approved!! We didn't include a communication history, only our travels and photos together. I'm happy to finally graduate to the AOS stage and let out my breath. 😌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my fiance agreed to join the litigation against US Embassy Manila today. I paid my $2500 retainer knowing that it is a complete gamble that I will probably lose.. but it is better to do something, than nothing and wait another year to be together. I am an October 2020- to NVC filer.     Expensive gamble.. but we will see. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Members,

Few questions about DS-160, I am PR in Canada but citizen of India(passport holder) and even once visited India after I immigrated to Canada, also visited USA; how to go about answering the following:

1. National Identification Number - would SIN go here or not.
  2. Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years - is this all places other than country of current residence or citizenship
  3. Have you resided in any country/region for six months or longer since you attained 16 years of age - if yes then India would still go as an answer here even though its already established that I am Indian citizen on the earlier questions.
  4. Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law - what should be answered here. I am thinking answer as NO and provide explanation

Just want to double check on the above items so I am not providing incorrect information on the DS-160 form.

Filed: Timeline

hi guys, just wondering if anyone know how long it takes NVC to send the file to the consulate (our case is in india/mumbai), and if anyone in india here has the interview schedule and how long after the file was received by the consulate did you  get to make an appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.