nendu

September 2020 AOS Filers

551 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ahhhh another update! Interview has been scheduled!!!! Now to wait for the notice to find out the date 😊

9/25/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
9/29/2020 - Package delivered

10/21/2020 - Received 4 texts
10/29/2020 - Received 4 NOA's in mail, priority date 9/29/2020

1/29/2021 - Online status changed to RFE (I-944 now irrelevant)

2/2/2021 - Biometrics letter received, appointment 2/17/2021
2/17/2021 - Biometrics & RFE received

3/2/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

5/27/2021 - Request I-765 expedite via Emma
6/1/2021 - Expedite request received

6/4/2021 - EAD card is being produced

6/8/2021 - Interview has been scheduled!

7/22/2021 - Interview - around 9:50pm that night, new card is being produced! 
7/23/2021 - Case is approved. 🥳

Timeline

Spoke to a rep via Emma: interview is scheduled for Thurs 7/22!

(Edited bc I had Tuesday 7/22 which is incorrect- I was looking at June, lol.)

Edited by flacka

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, Skyman said:

SA ASC said they'd do it but not until the June 11th scheduled date if we brought proof of our new residence.  Went home and called them and explained we'd moved and had put in AR-11s twice. Agent said she'd put in for a new biometrics schedule in SA. I figure the new date will likely be sooner but if not we'll just use the old one.

Ok, so it took about 10 minutes for the bio and then my wife left for some shopping.  I checked Lawfully and both the I-485 and the I-765 changed to actively being reviewed. Lawfully said that was as of 13 hours ago but it wasn't there this morning.  Maybe Lawfully is operating on Philippines time?

Edited by Skyman

Timeline
1 hour ago, dmykel7 said:

Guys, can someone please talk me through on how to expedite and speak to a consultant through EMMA?

It looks like you already have your AP and EAD so I don't if you can request an expedite for the AOS. But it can't hurt to try. Call Monday morning and tell Emma, Live Agent.  You might have to do that a couple times. You'll need to enter a case number. I would tell the agent you've been ready for an interview for months and ask if there's a problem and can you request an expedite?  It's probably a backlog at your local office though. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, flacka said:

Ahhhh another update! Interview has been scheduled!!!! Now to wait for the notice to find out the date 😊

Same!!! Yesterday morning I got the update "Interview Scheduled" (we're both based in Philly if you remember we had biometrics around the same time 😁) BUT I was so surprised because I still don't have any update on my EAD/AP combo since "Fingerprints were taken"! Did you get your EAD before the Interview was scheduled? I'm still waiting for the mail notice to see the exact interview date!! If mine is also in late July, that's so soon, better start prepping!!! Do you have a lawyer??

Timeline
1 hour ago, schultoy said:

Same!!! Yesterday morning I got the update "Interview Scheduled" (we're both based in Philly if you remember we had biometrics around the same time 😁) BUT I was so surprised because I still don't have any update on my EAD/AP combo since "Fingerprints were taken"! Did you get your EAD before the Interview was scheduled? I'm still waiting for the mail notice to see the exact interview date!! If mine is also in late July, that's so soon, better start prepping!!! Do you have a lawyer??

Wooo hoo!! My husband actually got his EAD combo card in the mail yesterday but we requested to expedite it on 5/27 so no way knowing how it would've went had we not done that. I was pretty shocked when I got the update that interview was scheduled! You can try asking a rep through Emma to see if you can find out the date... it worked for us! I was too impatient to wait for the notice to come and figured it was worth a shot, lol. I'd assume yours will be around the same time! I'm anxious!!! We do have a lawyer! Do you? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, martha783 said:

I'm a late joiner to this thread because I spend 9 months on the wrong Sept 2020 AOS thread. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I FINALLY got biometrics notice today for July 1 appointment.

I'm trying to check some timelines to see how long after that we could possibly expect EAD/AP. 

Just over 2 weeks is pretty quick. Hoping for just as quick when we get our interview. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finally, some progress. Biometric scheduled for July 6th. Got the letter in mail today.

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just out of curiosity, what government issued photo ID did you all take to your biometric appointment? Did any of you take just the driver's license, or did all of you take passports?

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, nendu said:

Just out of curiosity, what government issued photo ID did you all take to your biometric appointment? Did any of you take just the driver's license, or did all of you take passports?

I took my passport and marriage license, since passport didn't have my married name. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I put in a service request for my status of 'interview completed and case must be reviewed' cause it's been over a month, and almost about 2 months, and they just said to wait 90days.

I talked to other people who had it at the same location, and their card was produced the same day, so I'm not sure what's up with mine if the guy said everything is good and to expect it in a few weeks...

So that's fun.. I'll let you guys know if I hear more.

Timeline
2 hours ago, nendu said:

No problem bringing more than one.  My wife used her MILDEP ID card because she doesn't have a US DL yet. But she had her passport with her in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.