2,966 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Anne_3089 said:

Was the evidence requested on the previous marriage or the most recent marriage? 

Most recent and only. I was held to a higher scrutiny because I married while in removal proceedings. So don't treat the document dump that I did as what you have to do, I've seen VAWA cases approved with less than my initial submission.

Also, I was approved, I'm done with my I-360.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

27 minutes ago, Demise said:

Most recent and only. I was held to a higher scrutiny because I married while in removal proceedings. So don't treat the document dump that I did as what you have to do, I've seen VAWA cases approved with less than my initial submission.

Also, I was approved, I'm done with my I-360.

I’m in the same boat 😕 I’m also in removal proceedings because I withdrew my previous petition. Just filed my Vawa today. I sent a lot of bonafide marriage proof so hopefully it’s enough for them. Congratulations on your approval!! 🙏💓

Edited by Anne_3089

22 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Friends - confused but after I-485 approval does USCIS first send approval notice. Then in a month only, sends the actual green card? Takes long.

There's backlogs in printing the cards right now which is likely why it's taking so long.

3 hours ago, Anne_3089 said:

I’m in the same boat 😕 I’m also in removal proceedings because I withdrew my previous petition. Just filed my Vawa today. I sent a lot of bonafide marriage proof so hopefully it’s enough for them. Congratulations on your approval!! 🙏💓

If you ended up in removal proceedings after the marriage then you should be held to regular standard of evidence unless USCIS thinks that you've committed fraud. Just something to keep in mind if they decide to RFE you later.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/5/2020 at 10:12 AM, sandranj said:

If the l485 is still pending then the person doesn’t have to submit a new one .

@sandranj hi Sandha I received my 130 approval in May and a letter that they cant proceed with my i-485  until they get my medical that was in May. I haven't heard from anyone since. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anybody know if I have to pay vawa to renew my work permit. Because it expires next mth. I dont understand after being approved in May for 130 and saying they will request my medical same mth I haven't revived anything. I dont know whay to do @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
8 hours ago, Demise said:

If you ended up in removal proceedings after the marriage then you should be held to regular standard of evidence unless USCIS thinks that you've committed fraud. Just something to keep in mind if they decide to RFE you later.

So you married after you were placed on removal proceeding ?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, Strife said:

I’m wondering if our abusers can access our immigration records via Freedom of information act. Much as VAWA is confidential, can they use an attorney to request records?

They can request documents that they filed, but your personal information will be redacted.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 minute ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys!!! I can’t believe I’m posting this. But. 
My VAWA was approved today🥰😊🥰😊

I’m very happy!

I wish everyone will get approval very soon!

Thank you for your support guys!!!

Visajorney is the best place I could be in my immigration process!

A lot of you know even more that some lawyers!!!

Massive congratulations to you dear 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
13 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

I’m very happy!

Were you given RFE ?

26 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

I’m very happy!

That is for sure a great feeling! Congrats!!🎉 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: Timeline
On 11/11/2020 at 1:00 AM, DmytriiD said:

What's up people! 
So, I see a lot of post April 2019 approvals recently and my second Prima Facie is about to expire.
Should I follow up with a congressman or normally everyone receives at least 3 Prima's ?
I am April 2019 filer, no RFE to date.

Do you need an updated Prima Facie? The Prima Facie can be used for things like FASFA (financial aid for school) and social service programs (Medicaid). If you need an updated Prima Facie then you can request it by sending a letter to VSC. Your attny if you have one can also request it. If its urgently needed (your social services case worker is asking for it asap or you will lose your benefits) then you can use your congressman to request it.  If you dont need it then it doesnt matter if they automatically send you one or not. 

Filed: Timeline
On 11/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, June1888 said:

Hello fam --- I have learned this morning that my 485 AOS case has reached 16 months outside of processing times. Congress person only says that "constituent is waiting in queue for interview". 

Case priority date: March 21 2017

Case Processing Times : July 31, 2018

Does anyone have a suggestion on what else I can do? My attorney is asking for 30K to file writs on mandamus and I don't have that money. 

Do NOT file a writ of mandamus. Usually the attny will first file a notice of intent to file a writ of mandamus and hope it causes USCIS to adjudicate your case. If that doesnt work or alternately they skip that part and just directly file the writ of mandamus- the writ of mandamus is basically the court forcing USCIS to make a decision right now. You may not be approved because when they have to make the decision right now they will do so with the information they currently have and they may very well decide to deny you.

You are currently in queue for an interview. You need to wait for an interview spot to open. In some local offices the wait for interviews is 1 year or more. 

It can also be confusing when looking at priority dates and case processing times with VAWA. Once your 360 is approved it goes to NBC and then NBC sends it to the local office. So if NBC sent your case to the local office Jan 2020 then you need to view the case processing times according to that and not the date the 485 was originally filed (March 2017). The local office processing times shows they are working on July 2018 cases. Your case didnt get to them until Jan 2020. Does that all make sense? Your case is not processed at the local office based on the priority date but rather the date they got it. For VAWA petitioners this is after the 360 was approved and the 485 is sent to them. 

Your attorney should have explained this to you and must think you have a money tree growing in your backyard to suggest paying them 30k for something that probably wont work and if it doesnt work would cause your case to be denied and you would need to refile and pay them again for the whole process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.