2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, Formykid said:

Thank you so much. I will, tomorrow 🙌🙌🙌

@Stillwinning!!!😊 i can use the approval notice and the actual EAD card to renew my driver's license. Or do i need ny SSN to do so? Please 🙏

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/13/2020 at 11:27 PM, Dordor1 said:

I did not know that personal declaration should not be shared with the person writing the psychological report. May I ask why guys?

Because the psychologist should evaluate the person considering what he/she observed during  therapy sessions and not copy-paste what you wrote in your affidavit.

Timeline
On 9/14/2020 at 12:52 AM, lunadelotto said:

I have one more question and if there is an attorney around I would really appreciate advice, I just finished filing up my N400 application based on an approved vawa 3 years ago, while looking for some documentation I found a paper that says I was put on removal procedures  after they denied my 480, so I filed With my ex husband but he did not come to the interview, therefore My 480 was denied but officer advised to file for vawa, it was then approved, but The N400 asks if I have ever been put on removal procedures, I have to say yes because of the paper I found, will this affect rhe citizenship decision?

It will not affect their decision, but you need to check YES.

11 minutes ago, Formykid said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 i can use the approval notice and the actual EAD card to renew my driver's license. Or do i need ny SSN to do so? Please 🙏

I don't know what state you're in but here in N.Y. I just take my EAD and expired licence..I do a vision test too. I remember they asked for 2 proofs of residency(address)...utility bills..bank statements..etc. That was before my green card...haven't renewed for this year..😊

Filed: Other Timeline
12 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I don't know what state you're in but here in N.Y. I just take my EAD and expired licence..I do a vision test too. I remember they asked for 2 proofs of residency(address)...utility bills..bank statements..etc. That was before my green card...haven't renewed for this year..😊

Thank you. Thanks a lot 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Good evening VJ Family, i'm sorry for posting this question but i was trying to look up the information online and i was unable to find a real answer.

My question is; when i go for my interview when ever that happen can i attend my AOS ( I-485 ) with an expired foreign passport or i have to valid foreign passport? 

Thank you ❤️

1 minute ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family, i'm sorry for posting this question but i was trying to look up the information online and i was unable to find a real answer.

My question is; when i go for my interview when ever that happen can i attend my AOS ( I-485 ) with an expired foreign passport or i have to valid foreign passport? 

Thank you ❤️

I attended my interview with an expired passport...really doesn't matter. Only if you need the green card stamp (so to speak) on your passport... 👍

3 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Thank you ❤️

If you have any other ID like an EAD or a Driver's License use that instead. Do bring the expired passport, just in case the officer wants to see entry stamps.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Thank you ❤️

A passport is not needed, you have a State ID or Driver's License

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
On 9/13/2020 at 10:58 PM, Kiesel said:

I was able to find a psychologist over this weekend, and she said the process is a psych test, one 2-3 hour sessions where I tell the story of my life, and then she'll write the report. That's it.She asked about my personal declaration, but as advised in earlier threads, I should never share it with the psychologist. She's involved with non profits and seems like she's done hundreds of evaluations.

I guess you went for your evaluation already, but  my advise is DO NOT ATTEND THIS KIND OF THERAPY. USCIS requires the psychologist to mention how many sessions the person attended, and of course they ask this question for a reason. 

Just now, sandranj said:

I won't even discuss this with you, since you are not an attorney, and clearly you are clueless about immigration Law.

Yikes. If this is how versed you are in the law that you can't tell a difference between adjustment of status and consular processing then may whatever being that runs this universe have mercy on all your clients.

Let me ask you a very important question then, under your logic where the 10 year bar and INA 245(c) are somehow one and the same. Do 245(i) applicants not accrue unlawful presence either? Can they just leave and get themselves an immigrant visa abroad? After all, 245(i) is a blanket exception to 245(c) same as the built in VAWA exception.

13 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Got you honey....listen to everyone here...in different words and voices..we're basically saying the same thing! Also you can not cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it! Seize opportunities as they don't come around often! A life of regret is beyond miserable! I trust you get the gist. You have all our support!❤😊👍

Thank you all for the support. This place has shown me more support and comfort than anyone else I talked to! you guys are  good people :) 

9 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

You can earn the money again but cannot earn back the time and peace 🤗 the longer you stay the more of yourself you will loose

True statement. Thank you for highlighting this point. :D 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Demise said:

You're kinda citing the wrong section of the law here. INA 245 generally pertains only to AOS (and as such it's generally not applicable to applications for immigrant visas abroad), the section that you want is instead under INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV).

Thank you.I typed the wrong section,  obviously the  INA 245 is not used for those living abroad. Despite I know about VAWA very well sometimes  I can't remember what I  had for breakfast, lol.Every day I work  14/16 hours,  my life is erratic to say the least.

Edited by sandranj

Just now, sandranj said:

Thank you.I typed the wrong section,  obviously the  INA 245 is not used for those living abroad. Every day I work  14/16 hours, and sometimes  I can't remember what I  had for breakfast, lol.

I think stress might be getting the best of both of us. I'm generally nowhere near this hostile either, definitely not proud of that last post.

Truce?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.