2,966 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Definitely is. You just have to realize that the abuser wasn't too worried about your wellbeing while doing all those hurtful things, so you shouldn't worry as well. Go for it and get what's yours!

Thank you for the encouragement! I spend over two year neglecting myself and pleasing someone else who did not care about my wellbeing. You're right, I should not hold back. 

11 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey when you say hesitate, do you mean re-think or simply just wait a bit for no reason? The only hesitating you should be doing is while carefully gathering your evidences! Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them a better angle to aim at you!🔫 run🏃 while you can! Also remember..if you have to shoot, shoot🔫 don't talk!

Mostly hesitate, but at times I re-think. I've risked everything to be with this person and invested everything into this marriage. I gave up my job, depleted all my savings, incurred debt mainly to live this with person. The economical costs are very high for me. With a joint property, it's even hard to simply walk away. The thought of starting from zero, the possibility of loosing all that money and effort that went into this marriage makes me think sometimes. I now know that many of my decisions were not wise or prudent, and I do have some regrets, but the encouragement I get here helps me move forward.  Like someone responded to me, this person did not care for my wellbeing, and I should not hesitate. 

11 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

I would not say hesitate, but I took my time gathering all of my evidence to make sure it was correct and valuable as proof of abuse.  

you're absolutely right. I should take my time to gather evidence and focus. :) 

10 hours ago, Mish20 said:

@Kiesel A healthy hesitation is ok to make sure all is in order. But hesitation is a way for procrastination and sure regrets later. Can't have that!!!

Since you're on this forum, we all already know, that is the right path for you.

As soon as you feel like you have a clear mind, focus and get it done. (If it helps aim for deadline before the fees get higher in Oct). The relieve after you have filed is tremendous. Your only regret will be not to do it sooner!

I'm rooting for you!!!

you make a strong point. I know it;s the right path and that's why I'm here. Is it truly a relief when you file? I imagine stress until the application is approved. Thank you for rooting for me!!!

6 hours ago, Kiesel said:

Mostly hesitate, but at times I re-think. I've risked everything to be with this person and invested everything into this marriage. I gave up my job, depleted all my savings, incurred debt mainly to live this with person. The economical costs are very high for me. With a joint property, it's even hard to simply walk away. The thought of starting from zero, the possibility of loosing all that money and effort that went into this marriage makes me think sometimes. I now know that many of my decisions were not wise or prudent, and I do have some regrets, but the encouragement I get here helps me move forward.  Like someone responded to me, this person did not care for my wellbeing, and I should not hesitate. 

Got you honey....listen to everyone here...in different words and voices..we're basically saying the same thing! Also you can not cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it! Seize opportunities as they don't come around often! A life of regret is beyond miserable! I trust you get the gist. You have all our support!❤😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, sabina4 said:

hello, I'm filling forms I-765 and I-131 to renew work and travel permit. I'm still waiting for a decision on i-360.

There is a question(25) on the form i-765, it asks what is my current immigration status or category. I entered the country with a f1 but it expired long time ago, what should i answer?.

Also, in question 27 it asks what is my eligibility category, i applied under (c)(9) but i didn't see that option on the form instructions so I'm a little unsure about that one.

On form i-131 question 4a asks if I have ever been issued a reentry permit, but at the same time the form seems to make a distinction between reentry permit and advance parole, since I have advance parole should i say yes?

and question 4c is: Disposition (attached, lost, etc): what does that mean?

thanks

25-VAWA and AOS pending, or F1 expired-I485 pending.

27-Considering that your I-485 is still pending put C9.

I131-   Uscis issued you an advance parole not a reentry permit, then answer "NO"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Walidqa said:

Hello guys, I am writing to you this guys because yesterday my car got stolen, and my EAD card was inside as well as my passport as I was out of town. do you guys have any idea of how the replacement is processed and what are the documents I need to send USCIS Vermont centre.

last question if I am applying for employment do I need my work authorization or I can give them just my social security number. 

Thank you guys in advance, trying to stay positive about this.

Police Report is one document. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline
10 hours ago, Kiesel said:

You can earn the money again but cannot earn back the time and peace 🤗 the longer you stay the more of yourself you will loose

Hello everyone,  I called USCIS concerning my interview that was scheduled for my AOS which I filled with my Ex, I waited 8days and I didnt recieved the notice so I called because I dont want to miss the interview, now it is usually two weeks from update to the date of interview, but they told me the system is blank when I gave them my recipt and I was told to write to  vermont service center to get information concerning my AOS application. 

My question now is does that mean the Pending AOS is connected to my Vawa case?  

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Risen said:

Hello everyone,  I called USCIS concerning my interview that was scheduled for my AOS which I filled with my Ex, I waited 8days and I didnt recieved the notice so I called because I dont want to miss the interview, now it is usually two weeks from update to the date of interview, but they told me the system is blank when I gave them my recipt and I was told to write to  vermont service center to get information concerning my AOS application. 

My question now is does that mean the Pending AOS is connected to my Vawa case?  

YES

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I need an advice I have 2 work permits Ie one under c31 and one under c09 on one work permit Ie under c09 my name is not correct Ie let’s say my name is LA but it’s written as AL so I am planning to send a correction form Ie new i765 so that the error will  be removed 

I have following questions Ie 

1) do I have to send the new form I-765 with my correct name to Vermont service center.

2) do I have to submit the fees of 410 dollars again since the mistake is committed by me on my I-765 form.

3) do I have to send the new form I-765 Ie the correction one for c09 to the Vermont service center despite the fact that my VAWA is approved and pending in the local field office.

4) if I do not apply for the correction of name on I-765 so I still have the option to correct this mistake in the green card interview.

need some suggestion feeling lot of depression 

Why do you want to correct your name on your EAD category C9? use the one category C31.

16 minutes ago, Formykid said:

Hello everyone,

How do i apply for SSN with EAD c09? Please

Or, will immigration send me a social number please. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

They will not send it to you..you will have to apply for it in person. I took my EAD to the SSA office close to me and applied. You will need to go there..👍

Filed: Other Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

They will not send it to you..you will have to apply for it in person. I took my EAD to the SSA office close to me and applied. You will need to go there..👍

Thank you so much. I will, tomorrow 🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
On 9/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, DeadliftingDad said:

I simply wanted to thank everyone for helping me so far with my situation.

Right now it's a daily battle for me.  My husband, ex-husband, or whatever he is has been sweet.  He has said that this experience has humbled him.  I won't lie, I'm tempted to go back but I still has doubts that he has changed. 

Anyways, as I has previously mentioned I'm debating if I should stay here in the States or move back to Canada while I go forward with my VAWA case. As I stated, I stayed in the States because my husband said he will file for my green card, except it took him upwards of three years to finally do it. During this time, I overstayed my tourist visa.  The abuse was happening during this time as well.  I'm not living at my old place, but in a somewhat less desirable situation.  I really don't know where else to go except back to Canada.  I'm fearful of I were to do that, I have even another hoop to jump through.  

I talked to my lawyer about this situation, and she explained I can be exempted from the ten year ban. But it is up to up to consular processing.  It just seems like it's another hurdle to overcome. 

The U.S. Consulate will follow the Law, and the INA Law states that VAWA petitioners do not accrue unlawful presence.  (  I.N.A. §§ 245(a) and 245(c).) It's not up to the Consulate to waive the unlawful presence or not.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-8

"All bars to adjustment do not apply to a battered or abused spouse, child, or parent of a U.S. citizen or a battered or abused spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident with an approved Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petition".

You need to prove a connection between the abuse and why you left the U.S.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.