Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.  So i resigned forum my job 6 months after applying and moved states.  The main reason was lack of daycare for my son. I'm currently a full time mom living with a relative.  Will this be an issue if I'm unemployed during my interview?  Anyone have insight on this? 

Edited by mnt96

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi everyone, In one of my trips out of the us I didn't get a stamp coming back, the immigration officer at the time said it was electronically, will that interfere on my interview since I won't have the stamp proving I was back in the US?

8 minutes ago, xczme said:

Hi everyone, In one of my trips out of the us I didn't get a stamp coming back, the immigration officer at the time said it was electronically, will that interfere on my interview since I won't have the stamp proving I was back in the US?

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search
I believe that you can always retrieve your travel history using the I-94 link above. I travel a lot and have not gotten any stamps on my passport (if that makes you feel better). 

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iceland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, psgma said:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search
I believe that you can always retrieve your travel history using the I-94 link above. I travel a lot and have not gotten any stamps on my passport (if that makes you feel better). 

Yep, I tried a thousand times, and it can't find me, so weird, I'm printing my ticket of when I got back, and hopefully that might work, otherwise idk what to do.

4 hours ago, xczme said:

I couldn't remember one of my trips exit dates. The officer let me use my phone to look up my email or Instagram. They ask you in the end if information provided is "to the Best of your knowledge and belief", meaning you gave as truthful answers as possible honest to God. What they are looking for is continuous residency that you have been continuously living here that’s all. You'll be ok just be honest. 

Okay guys, i am done with the naturalization interview!!! And now waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Interview experiences helped me with a lot of my anxiety so hopefully this experience can help others out. 

For some background, I am in Houston, naturalization based on 3-year marriage. 

Biometrics - feb 21 

Interview scheduled letter :. July 30

Interview Date : September 3

Since i applied based on marriage my naturalization application had photos, utility bills, joint taxes, joint bank account, joint auto insurance, health insurance, ID showing same address . 

I took even more stuff with me, like more photos, recent tax return, update auto and health insurance cards, recent bank statements. I wasnt asked for any of these.  Infact the only thing i got asked were my passport, green card, ID and my appointment letter. All which were given back at the end of the interview.

Okay so, went inside like 10 mins before my interview time. Got through security, got my biometrics done. And was told to wait. Didn't take long actually, was called in like 10 mins. 

The interviewer was stern, not very friendly but professional. There wasnt much chit chat, she asked me to take the oath and be seated. Asked for the above-mentioned docs and went straight to the questions. 

1) What did the emancipation proclamation do?

2) who signs bills to become laws

3) what happened at the constitution convention

4) what is the supreme law of the land

5) how many amendments does the constitution have

6) why does the flag have 13 stripes .

Reading: how many senators do we have?

Written: people want to vote.

Afte that she just asked me questions from the N-400.  The yes/no questions.

No dates except for my birth.

Where my husband was born.

Where i was born etc. 

I was born in Pakistan but am Portuguese citizen so that came up, but it was just i think curiosity since she asked me that in the end after everything . After that she made me confirm my info on the tablet and that was it. I was told that i would be recommended for approval and to wait for the oath ceremony. Got a letter for that and i was done. The atmosphere changed as soon as she said that, mostly cuz i was just relieved and she could tell and she was happy for me too. The whole thing lasted about 30 mins. I checked an hour later to see status changed to oath ceremony will be scheduled! 

So whew , i am done with this, one last step of waiting. To everyone who have their interview coming up, good luck! And hope this helps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just received the interview appointment letter for my wife. Interview scheduled for Sep 30.

Almost a year since we applied for her N-400 process.

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys 

How long does it take to get the actual Oath Ceremony letter ( In Chicago ). Got done with the interview on 9/3/2021

30 September 2020 : Applied 

20th June : Biometrics Scheduled 

12 July 2021 : Biometrics 

12 July 2021 :   We are actively reviewing your case.

3 September 2021 : Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Hello everyone, got finished with my interview and oath ceremony today in San Francisco. Everything went smooth and painless, no documents were asked except ID, green card and my passport. Got into the office at 12:40 and was out around 1:15. The oath ceremony took place in the same building just around the corner at 3:15. 

Hope this will help to all those who still have to go through this process. Good luck!

Hi All,

I had my interview and ceremony today. So I’m officially a citizen and very proud! Thank you all for help and advise on this forum. It was most definitely comforting and helped with the stress to see that we are not alone in this process.

About the interview the officer was very kind and approved me quickly. I only had to wait on the oath ceremony for about two hours. Time passed quick as I found some great people to talk with while waiting. Staff overall was very warm and welcoming. My last advise is to no worry to much, I did and it was not necessary.

Thank you all, my journey ends here!

NJGuy

On 9/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, Andytn3591 said:

I got my 2nd interview done last Thursday at Santa Ana, CA office. The status changed to Oath Ceremony will be scheduled on Friday. I wonder how long it takes to get scheduled.

Hello congratulations.. please can you tell us why you got a second interview?

On 9/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, NJGuy said:

Hi All,

I had my interview and ceremony today. So I’m officially a citizen and very proud! Thank you all for help and advise on this forum. It was most definitely comforting and helped with the stress to see that we are not alone in this process.

About the interview the officer was very kind and approved me quickly. I only had to wait on the oath ceremony for about two hours. Time passed quick as I found some great people to talk with while waiting. Staff overall was very warm and welcoming. My last advise is to no worry to much, I did and it was not necessary.

NJGuy

Congratulations 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, NJGuy said:

Hi All,

NJGuy

Congratulation 🎊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.