Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, AOKS said:

Ours did not change

This is what I'm hearing from other forums as well. Also, apparently the biometrics appointment notices will sometimes arrive with short notice (e.g. 7 days). So it's important that you just watch the mail closely.

Our PD is 9/22 and NOA date is 10/7, still waiting on the biometrics appointment notice.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:15 PM, Moonscal3 said:

9/9 - Filed I-130 online

9/10 - Received receipt number for I-130
9/15 - Mailed packet without I-944 / included I-130 receipt number

9/16 - Packet received and signed by Harper

10/20 - Emailed lockbox

10/21 - Called USCIS - told me to wait for lockbox email response, nothing in the system - not been processed

Received our receipts!!

3 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

Have many of you gotten your biometrics letter yet? Is it supposed to be a month? or more for the wait after getting the NoA1s for the I-485 etc?

Before the pandemic it was 30 days or less,  but now it's no telling as everything is messed up.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 11/6/2020 at 2:37 PM, Zaraliaya said:

Have many of you gotten your biometrics letter yet? Is it supposed to be a month? or more for the wait after getting the NoA1s for the I-485 etc?

I spoke with a representative on uscis chat and they told me of it has been more than 30 days that you received your NOA and 90 days that your ASC has been open you should file a request here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do and pick “did not receive notice by mail”. They take 3 weeks to respond though. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, Zaraliaya said:

Not yet. We're closely approaching the 60 day mark after our receipt of NOA1. Just patiently waiting...

16 hours ago, Pat&Jan said:

Not yet. We're closely approaching the 60 day mark after our receipt of NOA1. Just patiently waiting...

Same here I am currently on 50 days after PD.

we are all confused, are we getting Biometrics or RFE lol 😂 

9 minutes ago, Pat&Jan said:

We got an RFE in the mail yesterday requesting the I-944 forms we didn't send. Others reported the same in the August 2020 thread...looks like they bulk sent the RFEs. 

Wow that’s a sad news but no giving up we would submit I-944 if requested 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Di real yawdie said:

Any September AOS filers received a biometrics notice yet?

Few group members said they got an RFE for I-944. Some are saying they have waited over 60 days and still nothing. I am over 30 days and put in a service request to alert USCIS, but still haven’t received anything. The waiting continues... 😣

9/14/20 — marriage AOS sent with USPS

9/21/20 — package received and signed for

10/4/20 — personal checks taken out

10/6/20 — received 4 texts application received with receipt # (i130/i485/i765/i131)

10/14/20 — received 4 NOA in mail

12/21/20 — received email notification for RFE for i-944

1/19/21 — called USCIS, biometrics scheduled + notice sent out on 1/15

1/23/21 — received biometrics letter in mail 

1/24/21 — sent i-944 RFE via UPS w/ signature confirmation

1/28/21 —  RFE received and USCIS continued to work on case

2/9/21 — biometrics taken 

2/19/21 — new card being produced (I-765).... case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)

2/22/21  AP+EAD changed to "case was approved".... I-485 changed to interview was scheduled 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys! I was reviewing my forms and I just realized I didn’t  check the Public Charge box. I didn’t attached the 944 when I sent bc it wasn’t being applied.

I got my NOA as usual but now I’m wondering if they would send me a RFE for my 485 form 🤨

B228A84B-5F6E-4FDF-9933-ECF748CDDBBE.jpeg

Edited by larisc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I originally filed back in September, but my first package got lost based on the tracking I received.  We sent a 2nd package back in October and found out later that the USCIS did in fact received my first package.  I put a stop payment on the first one so they wouldn't charge me twice in case they did eventually receive my first package (in which they did much later on).

Even after all that mailing nonsense and confusion, my wife still got a biometrics appointment on November 10th.  After reading a lot of posts on this board, I guess we got very lucky.  We did not submit an I-944 either, although, I made sure our paperwork was very well organized, clear, and wrote a very detailed Cover Page for each of my forms.  I guess it depends on who's reviewing your documents.  It's very possible we can get an RFE on the I-944 based on what I'm hearing, but nothing as of yet.

My next question is, how long does it take for the USCIS to schedule an interview with us after the biometrics has been approved?  Anybody get to that part yet?

event.png

On 11/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, CityCat917 said:

Few group members said they got an RFE for I-944. Some are saying they have waited over 60 days and still nothing. I am over 30 days and put in a service request to alert USCIS, but still haven’t received anything. The waiting continues... 😣

How did you put in a service request to alert USCIS ? 

I am still hopeful for a biometrics appointment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.