Love To Teach

Changing interview embassy

13 posts in this topic

My husband has been transferred to Germany for work. However, we are currently waiting for his interview in Abu Dhabi. It has been two months since we were approved at NVC and told his interview would be scheduled. I don't think the Abu Dhabi embassy is even open yet. Does anyone have any idea how long his interview would be delayed if we changed it to the German embassy? I want to be there with him, and that trip is so much shorter.

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

My husband has been transferred to Germany for work. However, we are currently waiting for his interview in Abu Dhabi. It has been two months since we were approved at NVC and told his interview would be scheduled. I don't think the Abu Dhabi embassy is even open yet. Does anyone have any idea how long his interview would be delayed if we changed it to the German embassy? I want to be there with him, and that trip is so much shorter.

Contact NVC for a change of venue 

YMMV

28 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Contact NVC for a change of venue 

Thanks for the info, but I'm wondering if changing will set us back months and months. Has anybody heard about that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Love To Teach said:

Thanks for the info, but I'm wondering if changing will set us back months and months. Has anybody heard about that?

It depends on the size of the queue of DQ dates before yours

YMMV

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
18 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Your husband is from Pakistan, but currently lives in Germany. Your case is at Abu Dhabi embassy. You must inform the embassy of the change even if it means setting you back months. 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

You can call nvc for change of interview venue . Embassy are closed so your case is in nvc and not transfer to abu Dhabi embassy. And i think German embassies are better than Abu dhabi embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
22 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

I find myself in the same predicament. I just paid the NVC fees and waiting for it to clear, but I am requesting that his case/interview move to his birth country-Cameroon as he is currently in Mexico. Just hoping I get a reply from them before I get to fill out the DS260. Please if you don't mind to keep us updated 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
23 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

He still has his visa for UAE, so he could still go there for his interview.

He can only interview in country of citizenship or country of residence.  He doesn't live in UAE anymore, so you MUST change to Frankfurt or Islamabad.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

18 hours ago, pushbrk said:

He can only interview in country of citizenship or country of residence.  He doesn't live in UAE anymore, so you MUST change to Frankfurt or Islamabad.

Is there a form to fill out? Or do I request by phone? I know he would have to show his new visa, etc.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Is there a form to fill out? Or do I request by phone? I know he would have to show his new visa, etc.

Use their email form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

We submitted our request via their "Ask NVC" form.

When you submit it, make sure to add: 

- proof of citizenship (if you want to move it to your home country) or residence (if you want to move it to your country of residence);

- current address & your local phone number

Edited by DamianB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/24/2020 at 2:12 AM, Love To Teach said:

my friend had the same experiences. at that time he applied for his fiancee while she is still in Japan, but in the middle of process she went back to her home country Vietnam and my friend didn't change the interview location. it ended up he got a call (not sure from USCIS or NVC) to changed the location and it took around 3 months after they changed and got the interview schedule at the US embassy in Vietnam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.