Niia

NVC/Embassy Expedite Approved - Next Steps?

16 posts in this topic

After long and painful 18 months at USCIS our case was finally approved and quickly sent to NVC. I requested an expedite based on ridiculous waiting time and processing at USCIS and how it has impacted my husband (USC) and yesterday our expedite was approved by the Embassy in Moscow.

I have tried to search the forum to get an idea of what happens next but could not find much. Does anyone have any experience with NVC expedite approvals?

My understanding is that we need to wait for the Embassy to contact us? But they won't schedule an interview until the Embassy opens? Though I saw that one immigrant visa was approved in Moscow in June or July. 

Do we or do we not need to submit any forms at CEAC? I read somewhere online that DS-260 still needs to be submitted and the rest just needs to be brought to the interview?

Any input would be much appreciated! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Niia said:

After long and painful 18 months at USCIS our case was finally approved and quickly sent to NVC. I requested an expedite based on ridiculous waiting time and processing at USCIS and how it has impacted my husband (USC) and yesterday our expedite was approved by the Embassy in Moscow.

I have tried to search the forum to get an idea of what happens next but could not find much. Does anyone have any experience with NVC expedite approvals?

My understanding is that we need to wait for the Embassy to contact us? But they won't schedule an interview until the Embassy opens? Though I saw that one immigrant visa was approved in Moscow in June or July. 

Do we or do we not need to submit any forms at CEAC? I read somewhere online that DS-260 still needs to be submitted and the rest just needs to be brought to the interview?

Mind if I ask your service center? Where was your case filed?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am glad your expedite was approved.   We have a long and painful  wait  24 months at USCIS and NVC.  our documentation was approved on Feb 2020 by  NVC. I  would like to requested an expedite based the long  waiting time and processing. My husband and I  have impacted.  In  2020,  it  is worst, because my husband was suffering with his eyes, which had  different kind of treatments:  laser, transclerral cyclophotocoagation, glaucoma drainage implant, and the last one replacement lens:  on Jul 25,  our dog pas-away, and it has been devastating  for us;  I could not take care of him. Also, this Plandemic  also. Additionally, my stress has been very high and my healthy is deteriorating, too.    

Please let me know more details about expedite interview. I agree with you there is not to much information about it.  

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been 3 weeks since expedite got approved and we still haven’t heard anything. CEAC still shows at NVC , which is concerning, I thought it would show in transit or embassy by now, especially since expedite approval email said that the case will be sent immediately to the embassy. Can’t get ahold of the embassy either. Not sure what to do at this point. 3 weeks seems fairly long.    

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Niia said:

It’s been 3 weeks since expedite got approved and we still haven’t heard anything. CEAC still shows at NVC , which is concerning, I thought it would show in transit or embassy by now, especially since expedite approval email said that the case will be sent immediately to the embassy. Can’t get ahold of the embassy either. Not sure what to do at this point. 3 weeks seems fairly long.    

i am waiting for the interview date too. if you are wondering about it, you might can try to contact the visa section of the US embassy in your country and adk them if they receive your case or not. otherwise you can try to call thr NVC and ask them about the status on your CEAC

Just now, S & C said:

i am waiting for the interview date too. if you are wondering about it, you might can try to contact the visa section of the US embassy in your country and adk them if they receive your case or not. otherwise you can try to call thr NVC and ask them about the status on your CEAC

When I call the embassy, they only have an option for emergency US citizen services 😕 do you know if they are just going to contact us when they have an interview date? I thought they would when they get the case from NVC, before they schedule the interview, but idk  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Niia said:

When I call the embassy, they only have an option for emergency US citizen services 😕 do you know if they are just going to contact us when they have an interview date? I thought they would when they get the case from NVC, before they schedule the interview, but idk  

did you try to email them? after the NVC approved your case and sent you DQ email, that means they are working on transferring your case to the embassy. it might take 1~3 months. and also because of this pandemic, the embassy is closed for some tIme, so once they open they will schedule the interview of the people who got cancelled while the embassy closed first. so maybe you need to just wait for couple or few weeks more.

1 minute ago, S & C said:

did you try to email them? after the NVC approved your case and sent you DQ email, that means they are working on transferring your case to the embassy. it might take 1~3 months. and also because of this pandemic, the embassy is closed for some tIme, so once they open they will schedule the interview of the people who got cancelled while the embassy closed first. so maybe you need to just wait for couple or few weeks more.

But I got an expedite approved, I didn’t have to wait for DQ. They said they are sending it immediately to the embassy and NVC won’t be processing the case. Also if expedite gets approved, as far as I understand, you’re supposed to be at the front of the line. So I’m not sure what’s going on.    

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 8/27/2020 at 9:13 AM, Niia said:

But I got an expedite approved, I didn’t have to wait for DQ. They said they are sending it immediately to the embassy and NVC won’t be processing the case. Also if expedite gets approved, as far as I understand, you’re supposed to be at the front of the line. So I’m not sure what’s going on.    

You can not get expedited straight to the embassy without even having your documents DQ'd. Someone gave you very bad information.

1 hour ago, KV & HO said:

You can not get expedited straight to the embassy without even having your documents DQ'd. Someone gave you very bad information.

That is not true. People get expedited before even paying their fees and pay them at the embassy. I have an email

from NVC saying I was expedited lol so its definitely true

11 hours ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Following this topic

I will keep you posted once I get any news. Did you request an expedite as well?  

Edited by Niia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 1:05 PM, Niia said:

Hello,

I am in a similar situation waiting 18 months. My husband is DQ but we are wanting to request an expedited interview. Due to the wait, and emotion toll this has all taken. 

Can you give some insight on what exactly you claimed?

And is it just an email?

Any insight on this would be amazing!

4 minutes ago, maddienis said:

Hello,

I am in a similar situation waiting 18 months. My husband is DQ but we are wanting to request an expedited interview. Due to the wait, and emotion toll this has all taken. 

Can you give some insight on what exactly you claimed?

And is it just an email?

Any insight on this would be amazing!

Hi there,

Ours was 18 months at USCIS alone, which is why we requested an expedite at the next stage. Basically asked if NVC could expedite because our case was delayed for a very long time and I think it was because of some USCIS error. It’s not common for USCIS stage to take 18 months, which is why I think they agreed to expedite the rest of the process. 

it’s just an email, nvcexpedite@state.gov

good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.