PTA petitioner

I-130 online August 2020 filers spouse

136 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, onek said:

Looks like you just applied for the I-130 a couple of weeks ago. You have to give it at least a year to process. Meanwhile you are free to visit your spouse as often as you like.

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, LilyJ said:

It's difficult but there's really no options but to wait.. Like Onek said it can take upwards of a year or more before your husband may have his visa in hand, it's all you can do but to visit as often as possible in the meantime. It sucks but most of us here have gone through being apart from our spouses for long periods of time before and during the visa process, it's just a part of the process

Thank you!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
4 hours ago, PGA said:

Oops...correction: Friday, August 14th.

Did you file online? USCIS processing your payments is a good sign of progress. 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
21 hours ago, onek said:

Did you file online? USCIS processing your payments is a good sign of progress. 

Yes, I checked Monday and the receipt was there so it looks like it's all good for now. What I'm having a little difficulty with is understanding the difference between the USCIS My Account (where app was submitted) and the egov.uscis account (where I finally figured out that is where you sign up for notifications, although I have yet to receive one). Anyway, seems like it's being processed in Nebraska.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PGA said:

Yes, I checked Monday and the receipt was there so it looks like it's all good for now. What I'm having a little difficulty with is understanding the difference between the USCIS My Account (where app was submitted) and the egov.uscis account (where I finally figured out that is where you sign up for notifications, although I have yet to receive one). Anyway, seems like it's being processed in Nebraska.

Nebraska here too. Thanks for the info. It doesn't recognize my receipt number on egov.uscis 😐

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We mailed (well, FedEx-ed) our packet and it was received last Tuesday.  I'm definitely obsessing over getting our receipt and hoping that the packet doesn't get rejected outright.  We did consult with an attorney, but that's no guarantee.  With some people filing electronically, the "average" for NOA1 receipt is kind of skewed, so I'm thinking it will be closer to 2-3 weeks.  Doesn't mean I'm not checking the bank account daily!

Timeline

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Hope everybody is in good health. 

Just an update (I am not joking this time, 😂

a date change on 08/18/2020

i filed on 08/06/2020

Assigned Nebraska. 

I was probably transferred..should I ask Emma (live chat) to see what it is? Or let it be? 

How do people find out if they were transferred? My tracker app won’t recognize my receipt #. 

Edited by PTA petitioner

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
4 hours ago, PTA petitioner said:

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Hope everybody is in good health. 

Just an update (I am not joking this time, 😂

a date change on 08/18/2020

i filed on 08/06/2020

Assigned Nebraska. 

I was probably transferred..should I ask Emma (live chat) to see what it is? Or let it be? 

How do people find out if they were transferred? My tracker app won’t recognize my receipt #. 

It's weird the system is not recognizing your receipt number. Did you get an email about the payment being processed? Did you try on the website (not app) at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do ? If that doesn't work then definitely make contact about the receipt.

Timeline
2 hours ago, PGA said:

It's weird the system is not recognizing your receipt number. Did you get an email about the payment being processed? Did you try on the website (not app) at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do ? If that doesn't work then definitely make contact about the receipt.

So I was not transferred..still in Nebraska.

The reply from live chat was that they are working/reviewing my petition in order to make a decision  (the catch: they do that throughout the process as in months) no big deal.--as expected!!

My receipt number not working, answer was that it may take 30 days for the receipt number to start working on the update (egov)..

Kind regards,

thanks

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, dejene said:

Hey guys! Just submitted online today and I was given the Nebraska Service Center. :) 

Good luck 👍 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.