igoyougoduke

Executive Order on Aligning Federal Contracting and Hiring Practices With the Interests of American Workers

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Just now, jasonlzak said:

Do you really not think twice before commenting? I said we were talking about immigration, " immigrants " in specifically, what do USCs has nothing to do here? Huh ? Since you're at it, list me things that Donal Trump has done to make life of immigrants and the process better.

I'm not the one posting negatively about the immigration policies, you are the one (trying) who is.

So what policies has Trump put into place in the past 3 plus years that hurt immigrants,  or make the process itself any worse than it has been in the past?

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I'm not the one posting negatively about the immigration policies, you are the one (trying) who is.

So what policies has Trump put into place in the past 3 plus years that hurt immigrants,  or make the process itself any worse than it has been in the past?

Um public charge for example, now your turn.

7 minutes ago, ch3john said:

Did you even read the EO or saw this as opportunity to scream your anti-immigration rhetoric? 

Got nothing else to say, run out of your clueless claims, personal attack?

Public charge.  Two words that mean nothing alone.  What has Trump done with those two words that hurts immigrants?

Now your turn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, jasonlzak said:

Nah, I was questioning my self if this is an immigration community or anti-immigration community based on the fact that I've seen lots of people advocating for stricter policies, showing clearly strong support for an anti-immigration President (Donald Trump wants to cut "legal" immigration, don't tell me he is not anti-immigration). I was questioning myself, why did you conclude that I was bashing the community? And assuming me to be for illegal immigration? Huh huh?

So, you asked yourself a question in a public forum? You have just sent yourself a DM, you would have looked a lot less crazy

Nah, you guys will win anyways, the mods in this forum do not like me much, they will eventually silence me and send a "friendly warning" sometimes it will go with a suspension but that how things work when you dare to stand up. I feel like not wasting my time in this topic anymore.

Edited by jasonlzak

2 minutes ago, jasonlzak said:

Nah, you guys will win anyways, the mods in this forum do not like me much, they will eventually silence me and send a "friendly warning" sometimes it will go with a suspension but that how things work when you dare to stand up. I feel like not wasting times my time in this topic anymore.

So you have nothing substantive to discuss, we understand, it happens sometimes.

Also, the mods in this forum don't dislike you, since you've never posted her before.

But as for your illegal OP ( you really need to read the sticky at the top of the forum before posting here), Trump is trying to save American jobs.  How does that hurt immigration in your mind?

9 minutes ago, jasonlzak said:

Nah, you guys will win anyways, the mods in this forum do not like me much, they will eventually silence me and send a "friendly warning" sometimes it will go with a suspension but that how things work when you dare to stand up. I feel like not wasting my time in this topic anymore.

I'm fairly certain that attacking the community doesn't really help your odds.

I'm open to discussion on this post which has gone unanswered:

24 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Someone isn't inherently "anti-immigration" because they cut legal immigration. 

Are you saying a "pro immigration" person would keep the same level of immigration or even increase it at a time where the economy is flat and many Americans are unemployed? Why would someone bring immigrants into a position where they stand a good chance at either being dependent on government assistance or taking the job of an American trying to get back to work? Feel free to justify your positions.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

So you have nothing substantive to discuss, we understand, it happens sometimes.

Also, the mods in this forum don't dislike you, since you've never posted her before.

But as for your illegal OP ( you really need to read the sticky at the top of the forum before posting here), Trump is trying to save American jobs.  How does that hurt immigration in your mind?

Wait so why isnt he stopping all the crony billionaire companies from important chinese manufactured goods at slave level wages in china.  The problem isnt immigrants coming to US, its the crony capitalist companies that are sending jobs overseas. Isnt China the one that is stealing all the jobs. What did he do in the last 4 years to stop jobs from leaving US.  he has  left the entire bacon to the chinese while attempting to save bread crumbs.

duh

2 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Wait so why isnt he stopping all the crony billionaire companies from important chinese manufactured goods at slave level wages in china.  The problem isnt immigrants coming to US, its the crony capitalist companies that are sending jobs overseas. Isnt China the one that is stealing all the jobs. What did he do in the last 4 years to stop jobs from leaving US.  he has  left the entire bacon to the chinese while attempting to save bread crumbs.

So your beef about his immigration policies have nothing to do with immigration?

I'd really like to delve further, if you'd please stop moving the goal posts.  I'm old and slow.

So your beef about his immigration policies have nothing to do with immigration?

I'd really like to delve further, if you'd please stop moving the goal posts.  I'm old and slow.

so your beef is that a couple of immigrants arent praising the lord while he makes life hell for every one else does not bow to lord 

duh

3 minutes ago, James120383 said:

so your beef is that a couple of immigrants arent praising the lord while he makes life hell for every one else does not bow to lord 

Ummm, I don't have a beef.  You seem to, however.  Can you state what you think is wrong with this EO you posted?  Let's discuss the OP.

Also, I'm not very religious, so your references to the lord are wasted on me.

Edited by Voice of Reason

29 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Trump meets with tech workers and signs executive order on ‘hiring American’

the executive order requires each agency to review contracts from fiscal years 2018 and 2019 to determine whether opportunities for U.S. workers were affected by the hiring of foreign workers.

The measure also instructs the Labor Department and Homeland Security secretaries to protect U.S. workers from possible adverse effects on wages and working conditions that could result from hiring people on H-1B visas, meant for highly skilled workers.

On April 22, Trump issued a 60-day order suspending the issuance of green cards for people currently outside the U.S. 

Two months later, the White House issued a new mandate extending the green card suspensions and barring people outside the U.S. from obtaining certain classes of nonimmigrant visas, including H-1B visas for workers in specialty jobs, H-4s for their spouses, H-2Bs for temporary non-agricultural workers, J-1s for exchange visitors and L-1 visas for intracompany transfers.

In 2017, Trump issued a “Buy American and Hire American” order that promised to rigorously regulate the entry of new foreign workers.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-trump-meets-with-tech-workers-and-signs-executive-order-on-hiring-american

A handful in just one article. Conveniently, it includes the premise of the very EO you created this thread for.

Looks to me like Trump is fulfilling one of his key America First policies. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

• Ban Hammer changed the title to Executive Order on Aligning Federal Contracting and Hiring Practices With the Interests of American Workers
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

topic title edited to reflect the link provided in the op - the thread title must match the linked article.

the below is from the pinned article at the top of this forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/595604-posting-news-articles-and-tos-enforcement/

Clarification of  existing policy-
Threads where the Op is an article/ link to an article. or where most of the Op is such MUST have the exact title of the article as the subject. No editing according to your own political view, no shortening to make it sound different or any other editing.  Just the title of the article, no addition, subtraction, or changes.

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!