10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone, I write this post with much frustration. Weeks ago my wife contacted TransUnion and they agreed to send her a letter stating she doesn’t have a credit score (for I-944). 10 days later, the letter misspells her first name. At this point, we are upset but we try calling again to have this fixed and resent. The woman understands our issue and claims to have fixed it. 10 days later, the new letter has her first name misspelled yet again in the same way it was misspelled originally (it’s one of the most common names in the US so this was particularly frustrating). We are at a loss. We can’t keep waiting to send our AOS packet off, it’s making us both go gray! :’( Any advice would be much appreciated. My wife came on a K1 and has a social security number already and has had one for over 6 months. Thanks so soooo much!

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

6 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

We can’t keep waiting to send our AOS packet off

I-944 is currently optional, not required: "Applicants and petitioners whose applications or petitions are postmarked on or after July 29, 2020, should not include the Form I-944 or provide information about the receipt of public benefits on Form I-485, Form I-129, or Form I-539/I-539A." https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge/injunction-of-the-inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-final-rule

Timeline
12 minutes ago, HRQX said:

I-944 is currently optional, not required: "Applicants and petitioners whose applications or petitions are postmarked on or after July 29, 2020, should not include the Form I-944 or provide information about the receipt of public benefits on Form I-485, Form I-129, or Form I-539/I-539A." https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge/injunction-of-the-inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-final-rule

No way!! Seriously?! If this is true, you may have just saved our lives hahaha. Ahhh only after we paid out the ### to have her certificates evaluated... oh well! Lol.

What changed??? Why is it now not required?

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

10 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

What changed??? Why is it now not required?

A federal judge issued a nationwide injunction on Wednesday that temporarily blocks the USCIS public charge changes that were implemented in February: https://ccrjustice.org/sites/default/files/attach/2020/07/Dkt 221.Judge's Order granting COVID-19 PI and denying most of MTD.7 29 2020 cuccinelli.pdf "Defendants are enjoined from enforcing, applying, implementing, or treating as effective the Rule for any period during which there is a declared national health emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak."

It took 2 days for USCIS to mention something about the injunction on uscis.gov: "Last Reviewed/Updated: 07/31/2020" https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge/injunction-of-the-inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-final-rule

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
19 minutes ago, HRQX said:

A federal judge issued a nationwide injunction on Wednesday that temporarily blocks the USCIS public charge changes that were implemented in February: https://ccrjustice.org/sites/default/files/attach/2020/07/Dkt 221.Judge's Order granting COVID-19 PI and denying most of MTD.7 29 2020 cuccinelli.pdf "Defendants are enjoined from enforcing, applying, implementing, or treating as effective the Rule for any period during which there is a declared national health emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak."

It took 2 days for USCIS to mention something about the injunction on uscis.gov: "Last Reviewed/Updated: 07/31/2020" https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge/injunction-of-the-inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-final-rule

Thanks sooo much for this info! We’re truly grateful!

Before I get too excited, since it’s optional, I’m guessing that means we shouldn’t include it, or does “optional” in this case mean “we can’t deny you for this alone but it will look bad if you don’t include it”?

Timeline
Just now, HRQX said:

Correct

THANKS!!! You have no idea how much stress this has taken off of us... you’ve done a good deed for the day! Take care

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

THANKS!!! You have no idea how much stress this has taken off of us... you’ve done a good deed for the day! Take care

Get it in.  It might be only a temporary stay

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Get it in.  It might be only a temporary stay

Don’t worry, we absolutely will! The sooner we can get it sent the less stressful our lives will be. This was practically the only thing setting us back from submitting our packet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Does your wife's ssn appear on the credit report? If so, then I don't think the misspelling of her first name would matter. 

Edited by Joyoussinger
Have to correct myself upon second reading of post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.