Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

From what’s been happening at other embassies, they usually start sending out interview dates before making a formal announcement. If the interview was scheduled for October 13th, then that’s great news and the announcement I have been told about could be about opening of CR1 interviews. We will know later this week, likely Thursday or Friday.

I doubt they will close the embassy again due to Covid unless the case load becomes much, much worse. Hopefully they can get through the backlog of interviews quickly.

7 minutes ago, Joppike said:

From what’s been happening at other embassies, they usually start sending out interview dates before making a formal announcement. If the interview was scheduled for October 13th, then that’s great news and the announcement I have been told about could be about opening of CR1 interviews. We will know later this week, likely Thursday or Friday.

I doubt they will close the embassy again due to Covid unless the case load becomes much, much worse. Hopefully they can get through the backlog of interviews quickly.

You're right about that,cause usually they give you about a month when they schedule an interview.I got an email yesterday from them for rescheduling my wife's interview,so its little less day's then actual 30 day's. So for example they rescheduled my wife's interview date for Oct 13,2020,an I just got an email from them last night Sept 14,2020.so that's like 28 to 29 day's. It's bunch of cases that are backlogged due to covid19. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joppike said:

When do you think i ll hear good news dq from April 27th . Any guess ?😭

46 minutes ago, Skull78000 said:

When do you think i ll hear good news dq from April 27th . Any guess ?😭

Optimistically 
DQed end of February  to mid-March: October interviews 

DQed mid-March to end-of-April: November interviews 

DQes May: December interviews (shorter month due to holidays)

They will move fast seeing how other embassies are doing it, but November and December are shorter months due to holidays.

Edited by Joppike

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Joppike said:

Optimistically 
DQed end of February  to mid-March: October interviews 

DQed mid-March to end-of-April: November interviews 

DQes May: December interviews (shorter month due to holidays)

They will move fast seeing how other embassies are doing it, but November and December are shorter months due to holidays.

Inn Shaa Allah Inn Shaa Allah . I hope they dont close again . I saw in the news covid is back 😩 but its most likely they wont close Inn Shaa Allah. If they were gonna close they wouldnt be sending out dates right now . Right ?

34 minutes ago, Skull78000 said:

Inn Shaa Allah Inn Shaa Allah . I hope they dont close again . I saw in the news covid is back 😩 but its most likely they wont close Inn Shaa Allah. If they were gonna close they wouldnt be sending out dates right now . Right ?

No embassy has closed down yet after reopen. Europe is experiencing a second wave and embassies are still open. I would be extremely surprised if it happens in Pakistan.

Edited by Joppike

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Joppike said:

No embassy has closed down yet after reopen. Europe is experiencing a second wave and embassies are still open. I would be extremely surprised if it happens in Pakistan.

This feeling of embassy closing again is literalllyy killing me i m scared without a reason. Buttt Immigration process was already SOOOOO LONGG and stressful   plus now this all too   . Honestlyyy .

Edited by Skull78000

2 hours ago, Skull78000 said:

This feeling of embassy closing again is literalllyy killing me i m scared without a reason. Buttt Immigration process was already SOOOOO LONGG and stressful   plus now this all too   . Honestlyyy .

Yes, it’s been especially tough this year. I have seen two nikkah’s break as a result of the delay. It was already a year long process, now jade even longer. Forcing married couples stay apart for 18 months or more is quite terrible and inhumane.

But since we finally have good news, things should move along much faster now.

Edited by Joppike

Timeline

Yes, it’s been especially tough this year. I have seen two nikkah’s break as a result of the delay. It was already a year long process, now jade even longer. Forcing married couples stay apart for 18 months or more is quite terrible and inhumane.

But i hope things keep moving by now . I hope they dontt stop again ... 😭 what step are you on?  And who is the petitioner meaning husband or wife? Not trying to get all personal sorry . & i heard they take longer for male applicants😭

Edited by Skull78000

Timeline

How come theres no info about this on Islamabad Embassy pages social networks?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.