Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When can we expect US embassy Islamabad to reopen? 

I know no one can tell the exact date, but what do you guys think.

Our case was in AP and I recently received an email saying that out case is out of AP and we need to wait for embassy to contact us for further processing.

We are like really losing hope now because of this pandemic.

Edited by Ash zaheer
Typo

Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, Ash zaheer said:

When can we expect US embassy Islamabad to reopen? 

I know no one can tell the exact date, but what do you guys think.

Our case was in AP and I recently received an email saying that out case is out of AP and we need to wait for embassy to contact us for further processing.

We are like really losing hope now because of this pandemic.

The embassy is open they are just not performing routine visa services.  They have been issuing visas (at least since June) for certain cases.  All the cases I have seen getting a visa have been cr1 or Ir1, in long Administrative Processing (many of which filed WOMs).

Timeline
4 hours ago, Rab_s said:

They are open and have been working on AP and expedited cases. You should get in touch with the embassy. 

Why was your case in AP? Did they ask for any documents? 

No, they just sent us questionnaire after the interview about my husband's work history, residence and few other questions. Since then we were stuck in AP. I hope they call us soon for further processing. The irritating thing is that they are not even replying to our inquiries now.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

The embassy is open they are just not performing routine visa services.  They have been issuing visas (at least since June) for certain cases.  All the cases I have seen getting a visa have been cr1 or Ir1, in long Administrative Processing (many of which filed WOMs).

How do you know that many of those cases filed WOMs? 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Ash zaheer said:

How do you know that many of those cases filed WOMs? 

I've connected with a few groups of people waiting in AP and personally connected with those who have filed WOMs.  Most of those who have filed have gotten oath and fingerprint appointments a few are in extensions.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rab_s said:

What's a WOM? 

Writ of Mandamus = WOM

It's a court order that gives an agency 60 days to respond.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ash zaheer said:

No, they just sent us questionnaire after the interview about my husband's work history, residence and few other questions. Since then we were stuck in AP. I hope they call us soon for further processing. The irritating thing is that they are not even replying to our inquiries now.

May I ask how long he was stuck in AP? 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I've connected with a few groups of people waiting in AP and personally connected with those who have filed WOMs.  Most of those who have filed have gotten oath and fingerprint appointments a few are in extensions.

Oh okay.

Is it okay to submit inquiries even if they are not replying to any of our inquiries now.

Should I contact congresswoman? 

Our case is out of AP

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ash zaheer said:

Oh okay.

Is it okay to submit inquiries even if they are not replying to any of our inquiries now.

Should I contact congresswoman? 

Our case is out of AP

If they are not answering your inquiries you can have your senator or local congressman send one on your behalf they will answer them.  I would not submit any inquires from yourself if you have done so already.  They tend to start ignoring messages if you send multiple inquiries clogging their system.

Even from the congressman or senator your response maybe a very genetric response.  It will not speed things along.

Timeline
On 8/3/2020 at 9:31 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Writ of Mandamus = WOM

It's a court order that gives an agency 60 days to respond.  

Can I ask how much was the WOM filing fees? and who was your lawyer?

Timeline

There are no hours showing up on google for embassy, but it shows open over there. Since 2 days there is nothing which means they are not open. They are preparing the embassy to reopen I guess.

Edited by Ash zaheer
Typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.