Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, HRQX said:

Yea... but I am a bit confused with one thing... What is CR? IR is immediate relative... right? What's the difference between the CR and IR visas..? 😕

6 minutes ago, Lexushim said:

Yea... but I am a bit confused with one thing... What is CR? IR is immediate relative... right? What's the difference between the CR and IR visas..? 😕

CR is issued if the marriage is less than 2 years old on that date. But if the 2-year marriage anniversary is soon, the CR visa holder can choose to wait to enter with the CR after that anniversary date. By doing that, they'll get 10-year Green Card instead of 2-year Green Card. So what matters is the date of US entry.

Timeline
On 9/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, AtifM said:

I traveled through Qatar Airways. Not sure about other airlines

Okay... how’s the seating... like how many people did you see On flight...? Precautions on flight...?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lexushim said:

Okay... how’s the seating... like how many people did you see On flight...? Precautions on flight...?

Masks were mandatory and each person took about 3 seats. Slept all my way through lol

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AtifM said:

Masks were mandatory and each person took about 3 seats. Slept all my way through lol

Really?? Sleeping like that would be SO MUCH FUN. 😍

Timeline
8 hours ago, Joppike said:

So apparently there will be an announcement this week about the embassy. Let’s hope for the best.

Can't wait for it! :) Let me know!

Timeline
1 hour ago, A49ER08 said:

lets see the proof.. just saying something with no evidence is stupid

They know someone close to them who works at embassy. That’s why it’s a good update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.