Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Muhammad Bin Wase said:

There is still no update when they will reschedule it. 

How should contact the embassy and find out when they will reschedule my interview? 

The April 22 ban is still in place until end of 2020 because of extension from June 22 proclamation. Only if you meet one of the few exceptions to the ban can you get F2B visa: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/27/2020-09068/suspension-of-entry-of-immigrants-who-present-a-risk-to-the-united-states-labor-market-during-the

The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien seeking to enter the United States on an immigrant visa as a physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees; and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien;

(iii) any alien applying for a visa to enter the United States pursuant to the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program;

(iv) any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen;

(v) any alien who is under 21 years old and is the child of a United States citizen, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee;

(vii) any member of the United States Armed Forces and any spouse and children of a member of the United States Armed Forces;

(viii) any alien seeking to enter the United States pursuant to a Special Immigrant Visa in the SI or SQ classification, subject to such conditions as the Secretary of State may impose, and any spouse and children of any such individual; or

(ix) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees.

10 hours ago, SMirza said:

I've heard that there are high chances of Men, being sponsored by their Wives, to be offloaded in Administrative Processing, and being stuck there for months

Any feedbacks on the above?

It’s a case-by-case scenario. But yes, generally, Pakistani males will spend longer in AP than females from what I’ve seen on this board the last few years. I’m sure there is a way to check by combing through past members my timelines. It sucks but it is the way it is because naturalized citizens vote at a lower rate than others. If you don’t exercise your rights, you will invariably lose them.

Edited by Joppike

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Joppike said:

It’s a case-by-case scenario. But yes, generally, Pakistani males will spend longer in AP than females from what I’ve seen on this board the last few years. I’m sure there is a way to check by combing through past members my timelines. It sucks but it is the way it is because naturalized citizens vote at a lower rate than others. If you don’t exercise your rights, you will invariably lose them.

And just to understand you correctly, AP (Administrative Processing) happens after the Visa Interview, if the Interviewing officer does not reach a decision on the spot. Correct?

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Buttercookie said:

And just to understand you correctly, AP (Administrative Processing) happens after the Visa Interview, if the Interviewing officer does not reach a decision on the spot. Correct?

Yes.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Joppike said:

I didnt get what u said about the voting. Can u explain further?

Just now, Ash zaheer said:

I didnt get what u said about the voting. Can u explain further?

Those immigrants why eventually become naturalized citizens, who have worked or their families have worked really hard to become US citizens, tend to vote at a lower rate than the rest of the US population. Not enough naturalized citizens take the right to vote seriously enough. At worst, folks should be prepared for more anti-immigration sentiment in the US in the future as well as increase in delays in visa processing. 

Here’s a quote:

As immigrant eligible voters have grown in number since 2000, their voter turnout rates in presidential general elections have lagged those of U.S.-born voters. In 2016, 62% of U.S.-born eligible voters cast a vote, compared with 54% of foreign-born voters.”

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic/2020/02/26/naturalized-citizens-make-up-record-one-in-ten-u-s-eligible-voters-in-2020/

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fatima syed said:

Can you guys tell me when pakistan Islamabad embassy will open and start interviews 

Unfortunately there hasn't been any update. Currently no routine visa's. I guess its a waiting game for all of us. They are processing expedites / AP cases at the moment only. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.