Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ash zaheer said:

After the interview ofcr told my husband that everthing looks good and interview went well. She handed my husband a white paper and told him about the email they are going to send us. We got an email and replied them back with the work and residence history, siblings DOB and few other questions. Since then our case was in AP. They didnt ask for any doc. And I am petitioner (wife).

Thank you so much for sharing. May Allah makes this process easier for you. We just got DQ on August, 28 and waiting for interview letter. I am trying to gather information about interview and AP and ways to avoid that. The idea of AP terrifies me so much. 

One more quick question: Did you upload any proof of bonafide marriage on NVC website or just took them for interview only?

On 8/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, MSK4 said:

Thank you so much for sharing. May Allah makes this process easier for you. We just got DQ on August, 28 and waiting for interview letter. I am trying to gather information about interview and AP and ways to avoid that. The idea of AP terrifies me so much. 

One more quick question: Did you upload any proof of bonafide marriage on NVC website or just took them for interview only?

I would brunch to your interview as well. They will most likely not ask for it, but better to be over prepared.

AP is unpredictably thought usually takes 2 months from most timelines here. Though this is all a mute point with the embassy still closed. It won’t be opening this week either.

6 hours ago, Joppike said:

I would brunch to your interview as well. They will most likely not ask for it, but better to be over prepared.

AP is unpredictably thought usually takes 2 months from most timelines here. Though this is all a mute point with the embassy still closed. It won’t be opening this week either.

I was really hoping that it opens this week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Thunder93 said:

Same! Not sure why they’re delaying it so much. I doubt they’re looking at the COVID cases because from what I heard, the number of cases have gone down significantly in Pakistan.

As i am visiting in Pakistan, there’s no Covid-19 here at all. The whole country is wide open. The only thing closed is that us embassy Islamabad 

2 hours ago, AtifM said:

As i am visiting in Pakistan, there’s no Covid-19 here at all. The whole country is wide open. The only thing closed is that us embassy Islamabad 

The Canadian embassy in Pakistan opened a few weeks ago. The US embassy in India is also open now. Pakistan is just not very high on the priority list, unfortunately.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Joppike said:

The Canadian embassy in Pakistan opened a few weeks ago. The US embassy in India is also open now. Pakistan is just not very high on the priority list, unfortunately.

And india is a hub for COVID-19- its all politics unfortunately 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Joppike said:

Please let me know whenever Embassy is open in Pakistan...

Timeline
18 hours ago, AtifM said:

I wanted to ask did you have the covid test at the Pakistan airport? I am planning to visit Pak next month... so wanted to know the safety procedures airlines/airport had...?

3 hours ago, Lexushim said:

I wanted to ask did you have the covid test at the Pakistan airport? I am planning to visit Pak next month... so wanted to know the safety procedures airlines/airport had...?

Most airlines will not allow you to fly without a negative Covid test within the last 72-96 hours before the flight. There is no testing at the airports as far as I am aware, just screening with a Infrared thermometer.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Joppike said:

Most airlines will not allow you to fly without a negative Covid test within the last 72-96 hours before the flight. There is no testing at the airports as far as I am aware, just screening with a Infrared thermometer.

My wife just flew here from Lahore.  She had to do a COVID test from Shaukat Khanum Hospital.  She took on a Sunday morning and got the results back shortly before midnight the same day (which was two days before her flight).

Timeline

is there anyone we can contact to get the Islamabad embassy open?

this is ridiculous that it's still closed...

any politicians here in the US I can write a letter to?

should I try for an expedite...

fucken BS!

2 hours ago, A49ER08 said:

is there anyone we can contact to get the Islamabad embassy open?

this is ridiculous that it's still closed...

any politicians here in the US I can write a letter to?

should I try for an expedite...

fucken BS!

You may try writing to the  US ambassador to Pakistan Paul Jones, though he is on his way out. You may get a form response, but that's all you can do in terms of contacting the embassy. Lets see who this incoming ambassador is and when he decides to open the embassy.

Honestly, the ambassador to Pakistan should be a Pakistani American or at least a Muslim American who understands the people of Pakistan better. I met the previous US ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, while he at Harvard and he spoke about how being Jewish and close ties to Israel helped him become a better ambassador and create better ties between the nations.

Either way, my advice would be contacting your local representative in Congress, especially if they are up for election. There are a lot of US citizen spouses/fiances who are frustrated by the delay and who will be voting in this upcoming election.

Timeline

https://pk.usembassy.gov/message-for-u-s-citizens-limited-resumption-of-appointments-for-u-s-citizens/ 
"the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and U.S. Consulates General in Lahore and Karachi will resume limited in-person passport appointments and notarial services beginning on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.  Appointments will be scheduled based on prioritized service needs"

So apparently not resuming routine visa appointments... still...? 😕

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.