Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lgb2015 said:

I spoke with Emma today about an issue with my address change - all sorted! I also asked about biometrics, no news but was worth checking :). I'll have my I-944 sorted as of today so please hit me with that RFIE USCIS! I'm ready for you!

Very good attitude!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, lgb2015 said:

I spoke with Emma today about an issue with my address change - all sorted! I also asked about biometrics, no news but was worth checking :). I'll have my I-944 sorted as of today so please hit me with that RFIE USCIS! I'm ready for you!

We seem to be on the same timeline based off your dates & timeline, National Benefits Center as well. California here though. 

Praying for Biometrics notice before RFIE for I-944 though. 

16 minutes ago, Toby_HB said:

We seem to be on the same timeline based off your dates & timeline, National Benefits Center as well. California here though. 

Praying for Biometrics notice before RFIE for I-944 though. 

Fingers crossed! I feel like RFIE and biometrics are being organised fairly independently of each other. I've seen people on here getting one without the other in recent weeks. We'll see! I was California, but we just moved to Texas. I imagine that will have delayed things slightly for me. Hopefully some more movement for August filers soon! 

I hope everyone is keeping well and staying sane! If anyone is interested, I just registered to volunteer with the Red Cross - they will do international background checks for people without US IDs. There's a thin line with volunteering, but as long as you can guarantee no compensation (monetary or otherwise) it's a good way to continue to live life and pass the time! 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I checked the status of my case today and it confirmed that the fingerprint fee was received in early September about a month after Priority date. 

Can anyone say how long after this the biometric letter normally arrives and if the status online changes when that letter is sent out? 

I worry it might have been lost in the mail since a month has elapsed. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dreamin Black Boy said:

I checked the status of my case today and it confirmed that the fingerprint fee was received in early September about a month after Priority date. 

Can anyone say how long after this the biometric letter normally arrives and if the status online changes when that letter is sent out? 

I worry it might have been lost in the mail since a month has elapsed. 

That is completely normal. The “Firgerprint fee was received” status, usually shows up about a month after priority date. The wait time for your biometrics appointment letter varies according to your location, since some ASC (Application Support Centers) are busier than others in these times after COVID (they are prioritizing people with canceled appointments during the pandemic). The status online does not change after the letter is mailed out or the appointment is scheduled. 

What you can do is to ask about your biometrics appointment through Emma on uscis.gov. They can give you info before the bio letter arrives in the mail:

Ask to chat with a live representative, then pick
“Case status” and “Connect to a live agent”. When connected to a live agent, give them your A-number. Now you want to type : "I would like to know if my biometrics is scheduled and/or if there is a letter on its way regarding that”. And they will give you the available info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jacobo said:

That is completely normal. The “Firgerprint fee was received” status, usually shows up about a month after priority date. The wait time for your biometrics appointment letter varies according to your location, since some ASC (Application Support Centers) are busier than others in these times after COVID (they are prioritizing people with canceled appointments during the pandemic). The status online does not change after the letter is mailed out or the appointment is scheduled. 

What you can do is to ask about your biometrics appointment through Emma on uscis.gov. They can give you info before the bio letter arrives in the mail:

Ask to chat with a live representative, then pick
“Case status” and “Connect to a live agent”. When connected to a live agent, give them your A-number. Now you want to type : "I would like to know if my biometrics is scheduled and/or if there is a letter on its way regarding that”. And they will give you the available info.

Thank you. I called this morning and the representative told me that no appointment had been made and I should call back in a week if no appointment has been set as that will make ninety days since my ASC reopened. Apparently a request can be submitted after ninety days after branch reopened. 

On 10/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, nbmtc said:

Definitely!! I hear it’s a first come first serve basis but some require more investigation I think- so hoping not too long! 

Although I filed myself, a friend lawyer told me it would be good to file for AP as well in the event I had to travel before the green card arrives. There is no cost to file if filing concurrently so I went ahead and applied. The EAD would arrive as a “combo” card if both are approved. 

I received an RFE asking for birth cert translated to English. Does anyone know if this needs to be notarized or have some sort of seal stating its done by a professional translator? They're also requesting additional tax/income documentation. I get 3 months to send everything in.

Do you have any updates on your end?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
50 minutes ago, KarenSeed said:

I received an RFE asking for birth cert translated to English. Does anyone know if this needs to be notarized or have some sort of seal stating its done by a professional translator? They're also requesting additional tax/income documentation. I get 3 months to send everything in.

Do you have any updates on your end?

I sent: 

+ a color copy of my original foreign birth certificate.

+ a copy of birth certificate translation into English AND a sealed letter from translator (certification of translation accuracy) to show off translation authenticity. 

I did include tons of document and evidences for initial package.

Could I ask you a question please? RFE for Tax/income from the petitioner (your spouse)?

Thank you!

Edited by Jimmy Lee

59 minutes ago, KarenSeed said:

I received an RFE asking for birth cert translated to English. Does anyone know if this needs to be notarized or have some sort of seal stating its done by a professional translator?

You can translate documents if you are "competent to translate from the foreign language into English" and include a statement of certification. https://www.visajourney.com/guides/uscis-document-translation/

Edited by HRQX

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

I sent: 

+ a color copy of my original foreign birth certificate.

+ a copy of birth certificate translation into English AND a sealed letter from translator (certification of translation accuracy) to show off translation authenticity. 

I did include tons of document and evidences for initial package.

Could I ask you a question please? RFE for Tax/income from the petitioner (your spouse)?

Thank you!

Thank you for the info!

Yeah, the letter basically says they aren't able to tell from the IRS transcript whether my spouse's income is above the federal poverty threshold. However, this may have been my fault because I did not include any W-9s, 1099s, and I may have also accidentally sent them my own IRS transcript (my spouse and I file taxes jointly). Then it says if I am trying to use my own income to prove we are above poverty threshold, then I need to provide documentation that I was legally working at the time (copy of EAD card, etc). If none of this works, then I need to find a joint sponsor.

Did anyone on here submit joint sponsor income info with their original file (like a family member with huge amounts of assets)?

17 minutes ago, HRQX said:

You can translate documents if you are "competent to translate from the foreign language into English" and include a statement of certification. https://www.visajourney.com/guides/uscis-document-translation/

Thank you! This helps a lot.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 minutes ago, KarenSeed said:

Thank you for the info!

Yeah, the letter basically says they aren't able to tell from the IRS transcript whether my spouse's income is above the federal poverty threshold. However, this may have been my fault because I did not include any W-9s, 1099s, and I may have also accidentally sent them my own IRS transcript (my spouse and I file taxes jointly). Then it says if I am trying to use my own income to prove we are above poverty threshold, then I need to provide documentation that I was legally working at the time (copy of EAD card, etc). If none of this works, then I need to find a joint sponsor.

Did anyone on here submit joint sponsor income info with their original file (like a family member with huge amounts of assets)?

Thank you for your reply!

I sent my husband's tax document (6 most recent paystubs, 3 IRS transcripts, 3 W-2s and 3 full tax returns of 3 most recent years)

Wish you the best of luck !!!

33 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

I have totally forgotten all about my RFIE that I haven't received yet. Between the excitement of the biometrics appointment and finding out that I'm pregnant.. It just slipped my mind. If all goes well (have lost two before) baby will be due in June which is the estimated date for my interview lol. We will see!

Maybe they will forget I didn't hand in I-944 and I will slip through the cracks. Wishful thinking I know!

Congratulations on the pregnancy! :)

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.