dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello VJ friends, 

My spouse had an interview on Aug 7th (Kathmandu, Nepal). she also got the slip from consular officer that says your visa is approved and have instructions.  But when i check the status on ceac website,  it says, it is ready for an interview. when she had interview it changed to administrative processing(Aug 8th-Aug11) until last night and now changed to ready. Anybody had this issue before. please suggest, we are panicking !! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Rsmee said:

Hello VJ friends, 

My spouse had an interview on Aug 7th (Kathmandu, Nepal). she also got the slip from consular officer that says your visa is approved and have instructions.  But when i check the status on ceac website,  it says, it is ready for an interview. when she had interview it changed to administrative processing(Aug 8th-Aug11) until last night and now changed to ready. Anybody had this issue before. please suggest, we are panicking !! 

I am pretty confident that this is good news. I haven´t had my interview though... so I am not 100%. Let´s wait for the experts to weigh in. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rsmee said:

Hello VJ friends, 

This is normal. All cases change to "administrative processing" for some amount of time, so they can finish up with the case and get to printing the visa. No need to worry!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, TVC said:

We had our interview. The CEMAR (certificate of marriage...different from marriage certificate somehow) we submitted was from 2018. Now our case is refused until we send a new CEMAR. They didnt even keep the passports. It's a real bummer. 

If you have a spousal interview in Manila make sure to have a recent CEMAR even though the website gives no timeframe on when its valid.

The online site says it will take 3 weeks due to covid to issue the CEMAR. Then time to send it to the embassy and time for processing. This probably set us back at least 6 weeks. 

However, best I can tell we are approved once we provide the document. I'm disappointed because I thought my family could come in 2 weeks but by mid September we should be good to go.

Hi ! I have a question about IR1 visa . If you filed ONLY your spouse, will her children bring along with their mom? How about your case ? did you filed your children separately? My dad is US citizen and he filed a visa . We're filipino btw . Thank you !

Just now, Jingzxc said:

Hi ! I have a question about IR1 visa . If you filed ONLY your spouse, will her children bring along with their mom? How about your case ? did you filed your children separately? My dad is US citizen and he filed a visa . We're filipino btw . Thank you !

Separate I130 for each child under 21.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TVC said:

Separate I130 for each child under 21.

There has a possibility to bring along with my mom even though my dad did not filed i130 separately ?

6 minutes ago, Jingzxc said:

There has a possibility to bring along with my mom even though my dad did not filed i130 separately ?

You're not giving me enough information. If it is a biological child of  US citizen born abroad you can do the CRBA and get the child a US passport. If the children are stepchildren of the US citizen through marriage he must file a separate I130 for each child.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TVC said:

You're not giving me enough information. If it is a biological child of  US citizen born abroad you can do the CRBA and get the child a US passport. If the children are stepchildren of the US citizen through marriage he must file a separate I130 for each child.

They are both biological child of US citizen born abroad but when they were born, my dad was still filipino. What is CRBA ? It is necessary to get U.S passport ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jingzxc said:

They are both biological child of US citizen born abroad but when they were born, my dad was still filipino. What is CRBA ? It is necessary to get U.S passport ?

You are not eligible for US citizenship through your dad if he was not a US citizen at the time of your birth, your dad has to file a separate I130 in order for you to immigrate. the IR1/CR1 visa does not allow for derivatives, you cannot come to the US under your mother's visa. Tell your dad to file an I130 for you *now*. He has made a mistake by not filing for all children under 21 to come to the US at the same time as filing for his wife.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

You are not eligible for US citizenship through your dad if he was not a US citizen at the time of your birth, your dad has to file a separate I130 in order for you to immigrate. the IR1/CR1 visa does not allow for derivatives, you cannot come to the US under your mother's visa. Tell your dad to file an I130 for you *now*. He has made a mistake by not filing for all children under 21 to come to the US at the same time as filing for his wife.

My mom is already DQ and we're waiting for their interview date. If my dad will file i130 for my siblings NOW, will they bring along with my mom ?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jingzxc said:

My mom is already DQ and we're waiting for their interview date. If my dad will file i130 for my siblings NOW, will they bring along with my mom ?

Likely not. Not unless your dad requests an expedite to speed up your siblings' process. However, it may be unlikely for them to approve it, considering it is your dad's mistake for not researching thoroughly. Either your mother will have to go to the US before your siblings, or your dad should contact the NVC to request your mom's case be held off until your siblings' cases can catch up, which may be a year or so from now. Your siblings cannot enter the US under your mom's visa. They each need their own.

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Likely not. Not unless your dad requests an expedite to speed up your siblings' process. However, it may be unlikely for them to approve it, considering it is your dad's mistake for not researching thoroughly. Either your mother will have to go to the US before your siblings, or your dad should contact the NVC to request your mom's case be held off until your siblings' cases can catch up, which may be a year or so from now. Your siblings cannot enter the US under your mom's visa. They each need their own.

because he has a friend who filed his spouse ONLY and got along with their mom that is why my dad did not filed separately.

Timeline
Just now, Jingzxc said:

because he has a friend who filed his spouse ONLY and got along with their mom that is why my dad did not filed separately.

Fiance(e) visas allow for derivatives. Spousal visas do not. If your father does not file separately for each of your siblings, they will not be able to come to the US. That is how it works

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.