bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am on hold with the ACLU.......the lawyer is talking to the other staffers about the possiblilty of sueing the USCIS for breech of contract.........or prevention of my right to life and liberty and pursuit of happiness clause........They want me to write something up to them......It may go nowhere but what the he11.....

How about personal injury???? Seems we're suffering a great deal of that...

Well the ACLU is not my favorite organization but I feel discriminated against......I am thinking around the lines of that or due process or infringing on my rights as an American citizen being violated.....I am not the lawyer but they are taking down my information

I have a call in to an Immigration attorney who spent 12 years as an adjudications officer.... http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/

Im waiting his call back

Good idea faith.....I really want to know what he/she has to say to you.......I am holding on here but only by a thread......

I just spoke to Jim Webbs office....(Virginia Senator) HE says they are SWAMPED with ins issues...and I explained that the backlog isn't the issue WE are concerned with. Its the petitions that were filed in April, May and June that are not touched or completed....that is our concern. That we are promised to be worked first come and that isn't happening.....not if they are JUST getting to ours while July and Aug HAVE been worked already....I stated we paid for this service and I really sort of rambled. But asked WHAT is going to be done from a congressional view? We have no where to go...no one to help us. Our files sit and its impacting us as humans. It tears us apart. I asked what do we need to do to be heard. He said keep doing what we are doing...writing, calling....he said its getting attention..they are noticing it. I said great...but what can we do NOW. I said I wont be happy til Senator WEBB himself is on the phone with Vermont getting my petition moved. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: (like THAT would ever happen)

So he basically said nothing then...

Yeap

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am on hold with the ACLU.......the lawyer is talking to the other staffers about the possiblilty of sueing the USCIS for breech of contract.........or prevention of my right to life and liberty and pursuit of happiness clause........They want me to write something up to them......It may go nowhere but what the he11.....

How about personal injury???? Seems we're suffering a great deal of that...

Well the ACLU is not my favorite organization but I feel discriminated against......I am thinking around the lines of that or due process or infringing on my rights as an American citizen being violated.....I am not the lawyer but they are taking down my information

I have a call in to an Immigration attorney who spent 12 years as an adjudications officer.... http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/

Im waiting his call back

Good idea faith.....I really want to know what he/she has to say to you.......I am holding on here but only by a thread......

I just spoke to Jim Webbs office....(Virginia Senator) HE says they are SWAMPED with ins issues...and I explained that the backlog isn't the issue WE are concerned with. Its the petitions that were filed in April, May and June that are not touched or completed....that is our concern. That we are promised to be worked first come and that isn't happening.....not if they are JUST getting to ours while July and Aug HAVE been worked already....I stated we paid for this service and I really sort of rambled. But asked WHAT is going to be done from a congressional view? We have no where to go...no one to help us. Our files sit and its impacting us as humans. It tears us apart. I asked what do we need to do to be heard. He said keep doing what we are doing...writing, calling....he said its getting attention..they are noticing it. I said great...but what can we do NOW. I said I wont be happy til Senator WEBB himself is on the phone with Vermont getting my petition moved. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: (like THAT would ever happen)

So he basically said nothing then...

Yeap

Really, Im wondering about an attorney...Im at a loss. I feel as though im nothing....that somehow I just dont count. At least not to the government. Amr is getting frustrated...Im frustrated. We just want to be together....it shouldnt be this hard for two who love each other to be together...this is just plain wrong. Tomorrow is another day. Amr and I have decided to start a project together (ebay business selling scarves) and planning my trip in January. If we dont have noa2 in 2 weeks, I'll go early jan...if we do hear...we'll wait for interview date. So we are trying to focus on other things...but there are days like today it just doesn't help.

Is there a way to check the USCIS online case status without logging out and then in again each time? When I refresh the page I get this message: "Access To Selected Resource Not Authorized. You have not Logged In or Your Session has Timed Out." Then I need to log out and start over. I am using Internet Explorer 7.0.

Thanks. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would definitely vote against Senator Webb when his term is up. Senators tend to forget that they are merely representatives of their jurisdiction. That has been the problem with the direction of our government. They're no longer working for us, the citizens. They're working for lobbyists and special interest groups.

Is there a way to check the USCIS online case status without logging out and then in again each time? When I refresh the page I get this message: "Access To Selected Resource Not Authorized. You have not Logged In or Your Session has Timed Out." Then I need to log out and start over. I am using Internet Explorer 7.0.

Click on the receipt number, then you can go back by clicking "Return to Portfolio List"

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I would definitely vote against Senator Webb when his term is up. Senators tend to forget that they are merely representatives of their jurisdiction. That has been the problem with the direction of our government. They're no longer working for us, the citizens. They're working for lobbyists and special interest groups.

Click on the receipt number, then you can go back by clicking "Return to Portfolio List"

That is one of MANY problems.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have all kinds of problems when using Explorer. You may want to try a different web brouser. I used to have problems posting here on VJ while using Explorer and thanks to some advice from other VJers, I am now using only Mozilla Firefox. Works great. Sometimes a tiny bit sluggish. But overall, its fine. Also, I've seen this message..

"Access To Selected Resource Not Authorized. You have not Logged In or Your Session has Timed Out."

When this happened to me I simply logged out manually by clicking the "log out" button. then signed in with no problems at all. Good luck Bill. :thumbs: Hope this helped.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I was just put in contact with the local immigration office by the customer service at USCIS....I called again asking about the May 24 versus the May 17 dates and changes......she was so unable to help me she sent me to Fairfax, virginia Immmigration office and I got an appointment for December 17 at 1100 am.......the lady was nice enough but said she would be able to open the file to see where it is....but that will be 217 days into the processing......It is a joke but I took the appointment just in case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
SWEET!!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! ONE MORE!!! BILL I'M SURE YOUR APPROVAL IS COMING VERY SOON LIKE AMRSNOWANGEL AND LORA APPROVALS!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

What a way to start the month and I want an early birthday present!!! Come on VSC!!!

Has anyone gone ahead and filed the DHS Form 7001? They say to send this in if you are experiencing process delays that extend past what they promote.

Well I just got off the phone with "customer service and was told that I have to wait 17 more days before they will do a service request for me because they are process petitions from May 19 so mine is stll within there service time.....You see the 6 month on the website is the time frame they pull out of their ###*s when they feel like screwing with people's lives.....This little person reallt pissed me off today....so I asked her if Margaret #***** was lying to me on Friday or is she today....and get this she told me that the processing date could of backed up so if I could of filed on Friday then they could of processed it then but I was one day shy of 6 months but today my petition is within there processing time......but her is the kicker....If 17 days from now they are only processing say May 25 then I will have to wait 10 more days......so the 6 months is a joke......I hate them......

:blink: WOW, that's a whole nother level bullshlit. Guess they will have to be forced by a congressperson, lawyer, etc to act :angry:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Latest approval is another June filer:

Donna & Steve (Steve_Donna). Sent 6/13. NOA1 6/15. Approved 12/3

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Latest approval is another June filer:

Donna & Steve (Steve_Donna). Sent 6/13. NOA1 6/15. Approved 12/3

Same dates as ours. I was approved 11/15. They really know how to piss people off. I called the 11/14 and was told that my file was not with an adjudicator that I was within the 6 months. I never received a touch nor an email. Checked on the 11/16 and there it was our approval dated 11/15.

It must be another way they are processing these petitions, it's apparent it's not by the receipt date.

Go figure. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Does anyone know what the NVC case number represent? I know that the LGS is Lagos and 2007 is the year, what about the other numbers?

Also, in completing the I-134 do I need to add all children to follow at a later date on this form, I included them on the I-129F. We don't know when they are going to join us but we wanted to know. You know we have to be careful.

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Same dates as ours. I was approved 11/15. They really know how to piss people off. I called the 11/14 and was told that my file was not with an adjudicator that I was within the 6 months. I never received a touch nor an email. Checked on the 11/16 and there it was our approval dated 11/15.

It must be another way they are processing these petitions, it's apparent it's not by the receipt date.

Go figure. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Does anyone know what the NVC case number represent? I know that the LGS is Lagos and 2007 is the year, what about the other numbers?

Also, in completing the I-134 do I need to add all children to follow at a later date on this form, I included them on the I-129F. We don't know when they are going to join us but we wanted to know. You know we have to be careful.

NVC case number: 3 letter abbreviation for the consulate, 4 digit year, three digits (day of the year (001-365) + 500), last three digits indicates that it was the nth case created that day (001 - first case, 003 - third case, etc).

You add all kids who are following to join on the I-134.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
SWEET!!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! ONE MORE!!! BILL I'M SURE YOUR APPROVAL IS COMING VERY SOON LIKE AMRSNOWANGEL AND LORA APPROVALS!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

What a way to start the month and I want an early birthday present!!! Come on VSC!!!

Has anyone gone ahead and filed the DHS Form 7001? They say to send this in if you are experiencing process delays that extend past what they promote.

Well I just got off the phone with "customer service and was told that I have to wait 17 more days before they will do a service request for me because they are process petitions from May 19 so mine is stll within there service time.....You see the 6 month on the website is the time frame they pull out of their ###*s when they feel like screwing with people's lives.....This little person reallt pissed me off today....so I asked her if Margaret #***** was lying to me on Friday or is she today....and get this she told me that the processing date could of backed up so if I could of filed on Friday then they could of processed it then but I was one day shy of 6 months but today my petition is within there processing time......but her is the kicker....If 17 days from now they are only processing say May 25 then I will have to wait 10 more days......so the 6 months is a joke......I hate them......

:blink: WOW, that's a whole nother level bullshlit. Guess they will have to be forced by a congressperson, lawyer, etc to act :angry:

I sent in the case details to ACLU so I hope to talk to someone tomorrow.......I am so very upset tonight.......this is so unfair........I have no idea want is the problem with our petitions.......It is pretty straight forward....He has never been married...I have never been in trouble ....I have been married once and divorced and we have been together 6 times for a total of 14 weeks in 2 years......so what is the problem?????

Here are the latest:

Reshma & Ranjeet (RaRe). Sent 6/12. NOA1 6/15. Approved 12/3

Camila & Walt (Camila Colamarte). Sent 7/25. NOA1 8/22. Approved 12/3 (Don't freak out about the NOA1 date. It is the sent date that is the most relevant IMHO.)

Another petition sent on the same day as mine. :o Excuse me, I think I'll go check my USCIS online status again. :idea:

My Timeline:

That only works until I get timed out. After that the "Return to Portfolio List" button disappears.

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Camila & Walt (Camila Colamarte). Sent 7/25. NOA1 8/22. Approved 12/3 (Don't freak out about the NOA1 date. It is the sent date that is the most relevant IMHO.)

Very similar to my case. It makes me feel better. You can imagine my shock when I got NOA1 a full month after they received my packet.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.