Rose2019

K1 Visa

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

No one knows. It hasn’t been announced. The way the US is handling COVID I wouldn’t be surprised if they stopped ALL immigration for a year. Germany hasn’t announced the processing of any visas at this point https://www.ustraveldocs.com/de/ 

Thank you very much for your info. I will monitor this site in the future, thanks a lot 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello,

Over a year for AP is highly unusual for Germany or any EU country.  I have only heard it taking that long for Pakistan and a few other countries.

Did you follow up with the embassy and/or your congressman?

Well yeah he is originally from Afghanistan and has traveled to Pakistan within the last 10 years so I understand the lengthy AP. However, I was hoping to hear something at least after a year of AP but it’s been 16 months since he has been in AP and then now with Covid-19 it’s even worse because it’s AP and Covid-19 presidential proclamations. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Darlyn25 said:

I am sorry that is taking so long. I can only think that something got lost in the mail regretting your case. 

I am sure you like, already done this. But did you sign up for https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/ ?

Also you can write your local State rep asking for help and information. They might not be able to get it done now due to Covid-19. However, they might be able to give you some answers. 

Also someone with more experience, correct me, but doesn't the  221(g)  form come with the reasons for it and the steps how to correct it? Like you will know why the visa was refused and placed into Administrative Processing.

The main one I been reading about online has to do with the background check or the Validity of the Proposed marriage. 

Maybe if it has been two years, you should seek experience legal advice. 

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and remorse. 
I did not sign up for that case status, but I do look at my status on CEAC from time to time. 
I emailed my local state representative last year and the office said they would email the embassy but I never heard back from them again. Maybe I’ll try again sometime soon. 
My fiancé had to fill out this form called DS 5535. In this form it asked questions like his past travel history, his past home addresses, family info, social media info, etc. 

They gave him this form to fill out after his interview, we filled it out and sent it back within a week and ever since then he has been under AP. 
it’s most likely they are doing background checks but like almost a year and a half, like seriously. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Rose2019 said:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and remorse. 
I did not sign up for that case status, but I do look at my status on CEAC from time to time. 
I emailed my local state representative last year and the office said they would email the embassy but I never heard back from them again. Maybe I’ll try again sometime soon. 
My fiancé had to fill out this form called DS 5535. In this form it asked questions like his past travel history, his past home addresses, family info, social media info, etc. 

They gave him this form to fill out after his interview, we filled it out and sent it back within a week and ever since then he has been under AP. 
it’s most likely they are doing background checks but like almost a year and a half, like seriously. 

I am the only one thinking that it's been alot of years and the relationship should have developed from fiance to marriage notminding immigration status?.... I think you both should consider marriage and stepping up to CR1. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two posts have been removed for having violated this provision of the site's Terms of Service:

"Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums."

It's impermissible to tell others not to post, especially when advice has been solicited.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I am the only one thinking that it's been alot of years and the relationship should have developed from fiance to marriage notminding immigration status?.... I think you both should consider marriage and stepping up to CR1. 

Yes that’s exactly what I wanted to do. But the whole process will start over again which is why I have been waiting since I already waited so long. 

4 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Two posts have been removed for having violated this provision of the site's Terms of Service:

"Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums."

It's impermissible to tell others not to post, especially when advice has been solicited.

VJ Moderation

Okay got it. Thanks 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rose2019 said:

Yes that’s exactly what I wanted to do. But the whole process will start over again which is why I have been waiting since I already waited so long. 

Okay got it. Thanks 

True... But considering the circumstances surrounding immigration now, CR1 is superior to K1 and worth the wait. He will not need to AOS. Plus, if they hold the application for long he still gets 10 years GC... Without ROC.... Time won't be a big price to pay.... Even if he moves out of Germany your application will still be valid (these days its even easier to transfer CR1 as its electronic)... K1's even after long wait get denied with frivolous reasons.... Good luck with any way you decide to go

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

True... But considering the circumstances surrounding immigration now, CR1 is superior to K1 and worth the wait. He will not need to AOS. Plus, if they hold the application for long he still gets 10 years GC... Without ROC.... Time won't be a big price to pay.... Even if he moves out of Germany your application will still be valid (these days its even easier to transfer CR1 as its electronic)... K1's even after long wait get denied with frivolous reasons.... Good luck with any way you decide to go

In this specific case, I would disagree with switching to CR1.

Yes, the CR1 has many benefits.  And I normally suggest it over K1.

But for the OP, her fiance is stuck in AP - background checks for his time in Afghanistan and Pakistan.  From what I've heard and read,  it is a manual verification involving agents combing through paper records and other information.  

If the OP switches to CR1 now, there is a good chance that the current background check will be cancelled or tossed and her fiance will have to wait another 16+ months after the CR1 interview for a new AP for background checks.

I would suggest the OP to keep in contact with the embassy in Germany (I assume that is where he interviewed?) and contact her congressman.  I think the response will be "we are not processing routine visas at this time", but it doesn't hurt to inquire.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post has been removed.  The poster can post the question again, with more detail, in the regional forum for Middle East/North Africa.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello,

Over a year for AP is highly unusual for Germany or any EU country.  I have only heard it taking that long for Pakistan and a few other countries.

Did you follow up with the embassy and/or your congressman?

Reading the past OP posts

he was from Afganistan and traveled to Pakistan

the long AP is for the ds5535 and the security checks for these countries not Germany

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.