90DayFinancier

White House: ‘Science Should Not Stand in the Way’ of School Openings

39 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Almost everything regarding the Covid is a state level issue yet we get the political narrative that the Feds should be solving the problem.  I agree, Trump has little power to force schools to open, even with federal funding that if cut would be forced back on by a judge somewhere.  The fact that the activist media and the Dems have made this pandemic a political event is really just sad, but what else do we expect from them.

Bingo Nail on the head. Remember when Trump said, he would decide when States reopen. The left wing press(I know that is redundant). Liberal Governors blasted him about States rights. The next day he told them, they would decide. 2 months later these same people are blasting Trump and the Federal Govt. Are there really that many stupid people out there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

This entire response is a layered  red herring casserole.

Here is what is not in dispute: 4% of the population (the United States of America), has 40% of the cases. 

All of this dithering about waiting for the science to be settled, or it's just like the flu, or testing  or your infringement on my body with a mask is unconstitutional is just garbage. People are dying from that troglodyte thinking.

When you have a medical condition, you follow the best medical advice you can get at that time while the research continues.  You don't wait for everyone to pass waiting for the final result.

Nothing like making decisions by fear.  The point is what “experts” does one listen to?  If one is sick and they go to their Dr. and get advice counter to the Surgeon General, Dr. Fauci, or other public health administrators, which do you follow.  The whole point of this thread is just another Trump hit piece, when the comments by the leaders of the Democrat Party (I wonder when that Party is going to change their name) are just as troubling.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
21 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Here is what is not in dispute: 4% of the population (the United States of America), has 40% of the cases. 

All of this dithering about waiting for the science to be settled, or it's just like the flu, or testing  or your infringement on my body with a mask is unconstitutional is just garbage. People are dying from that troglodyte thinking.

When you have a medical condition, you follow the best medical advice you can get at that time while the research continues.  You don't wait for everyone to pass waiting for the final result.

Please stop saying that.  It's obviously worse than the flu.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Please stop saying that.  It's obviously worse than the flu.

For the elderly, definitely. There's far more similarity of the kung flu to influenza, but the few differences are distinguishable now. The benefit of this is it's easier to segment than for the flu, protect the vast majority of people who are at risk.

For children in elementary school like mine, flu season is far more dangerous, and so is keeping them home locked away from other children.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
21 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Nothing like making decisions by fear.  The point is what “experts” does one listen to?  If one is sick and they go to their Dr. and get advice counter to the Surgeon General, Dr. Fauci, or other public health administrators, which do you follow.  The whole point of this thread is just another Trump hit piece, when the comments by the leaders of the Democrat Party (I wonder when that Party is going to change their name) are just as troubling.

I don't know what fear based decisions you are talking about. You have 4 % of the population and 40% of the cases. Are you suggesting everyone sit in their hands and wait for magic to happen?

I don't know what statements by a doctor contradict what public health officials are saying. If it does, it may be specific to that patient. 

There is no "hit piece" This is what was said in the Press Briefing. You can draw your own conclusions as to what the statements mean.

22 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

You got a source to back that up ?

15 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You got a source to back that up ?

Worldometers has it at 37%. That is - 37% of active cases in the world are in the USA right now, a country which contains ~4% of the worlds population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by Steeleballz
added link

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Worldometers has it at 37%. That is - 37% of active cases in the world are in the USA right now, a country which contains ~4% of the worlds population.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Which is a more important point, the trajectory in the US, India, Brazil is currently alarming. Those countries don't have the luxury of debating "reopening" they are in a crisis.

Don't stand in the way of science, Drumpf!

In case you needed a reminder what "science" means to the left:

North Carolina Teachers’ Union Demands Benefits For Illegal Immigrants Before Returning To School

In a recent statement denouncing the school district’s reopening plan, the Durham Association of Educators (DAE) called for universal healthcare, as well as guaranteed income regardless of a person’s immigration status.

After claiming “Trump, DeVos, and Berger want schools to open because they care about protecting wealth and big business,” the union’s statement continued, “There are concrete policies that have permitted other countries to flatten the curve and return to public life: moratoriums on rent and mortgage, universal health care, direct income support regardless of immigration status.”

DAE is not the first to use the coronavirus crisis as an opportunity to implement far Left policy goals. Earlier this week, the United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA) — a 35,000-member union in the Los Angeles Unified School District — stipulated that the district cannot reopen until charter schools are closed, the local police are defunded, the wealthy are taxed more, there is “Medicare-for-All,” and the district is bailed out by the federal government.

“It is time to take a stand against Trump’s dangerous, anti-science agenda that puts the lives of our members, our students, and our families at risk, UTLA President Cecily Myart-Cruz said. “We all want to physically open schools and be back with our students, but lives hang in the balance. Safety has to be the priority. We need to get this right for our communities.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/north-carolina-teachers-union-demands-benefits-for-illegal-immigrants-before-returning-to-school

.. it can mean anything, but in practice it really means nothing other than "I want my way". That's how it's to be interpreted every time you see them say "science".

I read the UTLA report. It doesn't say that the schools will not be reopened unless charter schools are abolished, police are defunded, Medicare for All is implemented, the federal government bails out the LAUSD or that the wealthy must be taxed more. It's a position paper from a union making these "demands," quite clearly. Sloppy reporting. 

Actual reporting on what is happening in LAUSD: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-13/l-a-unified-will-not-reopen-campuses-start-of-school-year

And what's happening in my school district: https://www.smmusd.org/cms/lib/CA50000164/Centricity/Domain/1792/BOE-Approval071720.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, laylalex said:

I read the UTLA report. It doesn't say that the schools will not be reopened unless charter schools are abolished, police are defunded, Medicare for All is implemented, the federal government bails out the LAUSD or that the wealthy must be taxed more. It's a position paper from a union making these "demands," quite clearly. Sloppy reporting. 

Actual reporting on what is happening in LAUSD: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-13/l-a-unified-will-not-reopen-campuses-start-of-school-year

And what's happening in my school district: https://www.smmusd.org/cms/lib/CA50000164/Centricity/Domain/1792/BOE-Approval071720.pdf

Yes, it is a position paper from a union that really doesn’t care about actually educating children.  What else is new.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Yes, it is a position paper from a union that really doesn’t care about actually educating children.  What else is new.

Do you agree that nowhere does that paper say that schools will not be reopened unless all the points raised in the paper are met? My criticism of the Daily Wire piece is that it was inaccurate.