Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Cris_K said:

Finally Landed US. Immigration process smooth and hassle free. Didn’t pay the immigrant visa fee due to the online portal error. Officer admitted me and requested to pay within 90 days. 

This is an incredible journey for last one year. Thanks to everyone who has guided me to get United with the family.

All the Best. 

Welcome to America 2020😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cris_K said:

Finally Landed US. Immigration process smooth and hassle free. Didn’t pay the immigrant visa fee due to the online portal error. Officer admitted me and requested to pay within 90 days. 

This is an incredible journey for last one year. Thanks to everyone who has guided me to get United with the family.

All the Best. 

Aww , best of luck to you and your family!! Happy holidays! 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Prettybartley said:

Just received the call for the new date!

rescheduled from October 27th

Yesss, I’m so happy for you! 🥳🥳🥳🥳. It feels so good hearing all this good news. Congratulations hun. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SwanC said:

Yesss, I’m so happy for you! 🥳🥳🥳🥳. It feels so good hearing all this good news. Congratulations hun. 

Thank you !!!!❤️

Timeline
17 hours ago, Cris_K said:

All the Best. 

Yaaay welcome to the 🇺🇲🗽. Enjoy your fam and happy holidays 🎉

4 hours ago, Stefan Fagan said:

Wah gwaan Jamaica?

🙋🏾‍♀️ Big up yuhself Stefan.

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

My daughter went to the embassy yesterday and all is well. I am overjoyed. So does anyone knows what happen afterwards as in I think I heard about a fee to be paid before she entered the US is this so.

5 minutes ago, TASHEKA said:

Hi everyone, 

My daughter went to the embassy yesterday and all is well. I am overjoyed. So does anyone knows what happen afterwards as in I think I heard about a fee to be paid before she entered the US is this so.

I think that's after you pick up your passport and if I am not wrong I think you can pay that fee even after you enter the U.S I am not sure but I know someone who said they did so

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

So after 3 years of marriage and a year of processing finally got my interview today ... my DQ date was june 16 my original interview date was September 23rd .... my interview time this morning  was 7:30 

While I was waiting in line outside I notice they took picks from everyone in the line except for me .. they did even take my ds260 conformation page the only thing was taken from me was my original interview letter and the reschedule one and was staple together along with my passport .. the lady type my name in the tablet she had in her hand and told me to keep my belongings.. when I finally entered the building I got a paper with a number and was instructed to sit and wait for my name inside while others was waiting outside to me it was weird but I did as instructed.. after about 5 minutes  of waiting I heard my name I went to the window where I was ask for my police record original only my marriage and birth certificates.. I was also ask who was filing for me and what's her name .at that same window I did finger prints and then was instructed to sit and wait again.. while waiting there was a woman and her daughter interviewing rite infront me  i could hear everything.   I sat there for about 15 minutes from the starting to the finish of the lady and her daughter interview .. Then I heard the guard call my name sending me in a single room for my self I was wondering what was happening since everyone was at the windows interviewing but I kept calm I swore and took fingerprints again then the lady started asking the questions

Who is filing 

What's my wife's name how long have we known each other ..when last did I see my wife told her Sunday because my wife just left ... she ask how often she comes to see ..

Then she ask where do I plan on working in the U.S. when in answered she told me that's a good job and I should do it then she continued 

What job dose my wife do and her job position 

She ask me how do we communicate Dailey I said (whatsapp instagram )

She ask to tell her about how we met and when did the relationship got serious

She then went on to ask if I ever travel before have I ever been arrested or convicted then she ask  if we had kids together .. if i have a child and if my wife had a child i told her yes she asked his age i  was answering questions before they ask she didnt even get to ask his name .. then she asked who asked to get married I told her it was me then she ask me to tell her bout the wedding who was there and how many people were there ... after all that she ask to see wedding pictures  I took out my photos .And she skiped through about 6 out of the many I had and stop and ask who was the kid in the wedding picture I told her then she said congrats she had everything she wanted and I was approved😢😢😢🙏🙏🙏 gave me the domestic violence manual and told me to have a safe travel ... she kept my passport and told me to look out for carrier service to contact me when it's ready for pick up .. I was out of the building by 8:00 🕺🕺🙏🙏 

It was alot of questions for me .. but the CO was very nice 💞👍 

NOTE: nothing absolutely nothing was taken from me no transcript no biography page  no nothing only the original certificates and they were given back once I got approved 

Good luck to everyone that has pending interviews I hope y'all can learn something from this ... a know what you going to answer... be confident and bold and also respectful  also. She tried to confuses me once with the year lol asking me if I said 2005 🤣😂😀 tricks are for kids ..  I stop her and corrected her but I was kinda confused as to what year when she did that ..😂 so I took a little second and then answer .. but other than that it was a exciting interview I'll update y'all once I get my passport back ... I am sorry for the long message.. I just like to talk in details ... Good luck guys 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤❤

Arite nah another vet gone thru! Congrats sir! 🎉🎉

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

I think that's after you pick up your passport and if I am not wrong I think you can pay that fee even after you enter the U.S I am not sure but I know someone who said they did so

Yes, you are required to pay a $220 USCIS immigrant fee here https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee once you pick up your visa as you will need the Alien # from the visa. The fee can be paid after arrival to the US within 90 days I believe. Before, is preferred, as it is a part of your green card processing, therefore, the sooner it's paid the better.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Anyone here interviewed today or is our next batch next week?

Yes my fren went and she said alot of 221g was offered. But she was one of the few approve on the spot.

10 hours ago, TASHEKA said:

Hi everyone, 

Congratulations. Yes, you can pay after arriving in US. I entered US two days back without paying the fee since the online portal will kept on showing “ an expected error happened” or “ wait for 5 days”.

The USCIS will send you the notice and you can pay after that. The immigration officer will stamp the passport and it can be used as temporary green card. But ensure to pay the fee before the visa expires.

Edited by Cris_K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.