Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Good day all,

Our interview was this morning at 8:00AM.

Upon arrival documents requested were the original appointment letter and new appointment letter, 2 passport pics and passport.

Inside at the first window, marriage certificate, birth certificate, citizen certificate and police record(s) were taken. My husband had a police record from Jamaica and Trinidad.

He waited for about 30 mins for the CO to call him for his interview. He was asked:

-The name of the petitioner and petitoner's daughter.
-Where does your wife live and with whom
-Questions about his previous visitor's visa application and why his wife wasn't listed as the person of reference
-Petitioner's previous joint sponsor Affidavit of support (I was a joint sponsor for someone in 2018)

-He was also asked to show pictures, mainly non-wedding pictures and they looked at our call log he provided

-Now, the CO began explaining to him that the document he presented as his Trinidad Police Certificate was not the original. They went back and forth about the validity of this for awhile, but unfortunately, my husband brought the letter referencing his police certificate BUT left the original certificate at home by mistake.

This is something he and I went over several times including Sunday and last night. I specifically reminded him to ensure he had the 3 documents sent from Trinidad for the police certificate and he assured me had it.

With that being said, they kept his passport and issued a 221g for the return of the original police certificate via courier service.

Let this be a lesson to you all not to take for granted that you have all the paperwork. Go over the interview checklist, double check, triple check and make 100% certain of this. Check again the night before your interview.

Do not allow there to be a delay on your case for something avoidable and within your control. We are in control of the documents we bring to the interview and how we answer questions. Hone in on that control because we cannot control how long it takes for administrative processing and I know none of you want to be in this predicament. I prepared with my husband mutiple times yet, he still faltered. I am disappointed and upset to say the least but, this too shall pass as I know it's something we can address and overcome.

We are now preparing to tackle this obstacle.

Anyway, sorry for the long text. Pity VJ doesn't have VN, but that woulda long too LOL.

Bless up everyone, I am still rooting and praying for us all 🙏🏾

All will be well! They kept his passport and just need the original police certificate. I am keeping positive that this will be resolved soon. My husband also had to get a police certificate from Trinidad so will be sure to keep this in mind.  

July 6, 2018:     Married 

Apr 13, 2019:    I-130 Sent (Chicago Lockbox)

Apr 15, 2019:    USCIS received package

Apr 22, 2019:    Received NOA1 (Texas Service Center)

Nov 6, 2019:      NOA2 

Jan 7, 2020:      NVC Case # Received (notification via email)

Sep 30, 2020:   Documentarily Qualified 

-------------

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Good day all,

Upon arrival documents requested were the original appointment letter and new appointment letter, 2 passport pics and passport.

Inside at the first window, marriage certificate, birth certificate, citizen certificate and police record(s) were taken. My husband had a police record from Jamaica and Trinidad.

He waited for about 30 mins for the CO to call him for his interview. He was asked:

-Questions about his previous visitor's visa application and why his wife wasn't listed as the person of reference
-Petitioner's previous joint sponsor Affidavit of support (I was a joint sponsor for someone in 2018)

-He was also asked to show pictures, mainly non-wedding pictures and they looked at our call log he provided

-Now, the CO began explaining to him that the document he presented as his Trinidad Police Certificate was not the original. They went back and forth about the validity of this for awhile, but unfortunately, my husband brought the letter referencing his police certificate BUT left the original certificate at home by mistake.

This is something he and I went over several times including Sunday and last night. I specifically reminded him to ensure he had the 3 documents sent from Trinidad for the police certificate and he assured me had it.

With that being said, they kept his passport and issued a 221g for the return of the original police certificate via courier service.

Let this be a lesson to you all not to take for granted that you have all the paperwork. Go over the interview checklist, double check, triple check and make 100% certain of this. Check again the night before your interview.

Do not allow there to be a delay on your case for something avoidable and within your control. We are in control of the documents we bring to the interview and how we answer questions. Hone in on that control because we cannot control how long it takes for administrative processing and I know none of you want to be in this predicament. I prepared with my husband mutiple times yet, he still faltered. I am disappointed and upset to say the least but, this too shall pass as I know it's something we can address and overcome.

Anyway, sorry for the long text. Pity VJ doesn't have VN, but that woulda long too LOL.

Sorry that he had to be in AP but it shall pass hopefully I wish it’s over before the Christmas 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Good day all,

Aww thanks Stacy for going come through!!! And being the support even when you’re in the hot seat yours soo kind and this will pass. The man above is in charge !!! 

1 hour ago, Stacey Ann said:

Good day all,

Hush yah 🤗 just a little more time ... 🙏🙏 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MS CANTY said:

Good day the embassy call twice but I miss it. They call my husband They schedule me for next week. My original date was October the 15th and Dq was August 18. Please prah for me

You got this girl!!! Good luck and prayers!!!🙏🏽🙏🏽

Edited by Prettybartley

Timeline
Just now, Prettybartley said:

You got this girl!!! Good luck and prayers!!!🙏🏽🙏🏽

They said they will send the email but I don't get it as yet.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, MS CANTY said:

Good day the embassy call twice but I miss it. They call my husband They schedule me for next week. My original date was October the 15th and Dq was August 18. Please prah for me

Good luck just make sure to prepare all documents and keep calm and I will be praying for you and all others 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lattyonia said:

Good luck just make sure to prepare all documents and keep calm and I will be praying for you and all others 

Thank you I will look over my documents. But right now I'm nervous and shaking. Omg. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, MS CANTY said:

You we're so right about the dates that you posted last week.. It was nice that they call your husband..you miss them call twice😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lisa Hunt said:

You we're so right about the dates that you posted last week.. It was nice that they call your husband..you miss them call twice😊

Yes thank you God is good.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MS CANTY said:

Thank you I will look over my documents. But right now I'm nervous and shaking. Omg. 

Girl I was too last month And my husband keep telling me that when it’s all over I would see that I was only overreacting. But it’s natural what help me was the group on fb with the cr1/ir1 and also this group I look at the Postive outcome of the ppl who got thru and then those that didn’t I took a page out there book so I wouldn’t make the same mistake and be better prepared one thing I know I pray and believe and ask God for this breakthrough. I will continue having you in my prayer you will be ok and yes it’s ok to be nervous 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.