Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/20/2021 at 4:30 AM, RedRose75 said:

Hi Shan, sorry for taking so long to respond.  I have been so busy getting ready for my trip.

You can go down for the interview and quarantine however, I am not certain that they would allow you entrance at the embassy.  You might have to wait outside until your parents are through.  But it would be nice to go down for moral support and to accompany them up once they are approve.  Safe travel!

Thank you. I did find some information  in my packet 4 it said I can accompany them to their interview I just have to quarantine for 14 days. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 9:33 AM, Shanshanjamrock said:

Thank you. I did find some information  in my packet 4 it said I can accompany them to their interview I just have to quarantine for 14 days. 

Hi everyone, I'm back in Jamaica my home land. Came in yesterday. Fly was fine until the last 10 minutes of flight. But thanks be to God.

Praying always.... the rest of my journey is now in God's hands. Talk to you soon again

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, RedRose75 said:

Hi everyone, I'm back in Jamaica my home land. Came in yesterday. Fly was fine until the last 10 minutes of flight. But thanks be to God.

Praying always.... the rest of my journey is now in God's hands. Talk to you soon again

Welcome back, I hope you have a wonderful stay and best of luck with your interview 🙂 

Timeline
On 5/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, Stacey Ann said:

🎉🥳🎉🥳🎉🥳

Hi Stacey Ann. 

Been awhile I haven't heard from you. I know you told me thisbut please remind me again..... 

Is it a must that i pay forthe green card for my kids after the visa approval, or i can do this upon arrival in the US. I just want to know that it's safe to travel without paying for it first until i get in.

Anyone who knows the correct info can also jump in here. I would appreciate any feed back please!

Timeline
On 5/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Sassysims said:

Welcome back, I hope you have a wonderful stay and best of luck with your interview 🙂 

Thank you Sassysims!

Been up and down getting the kids medical down and so forth

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, RedRose75 said:

Hi Stacey Ann. 

Been awhile I haven't heard from you. I know you told me thisbut please remind me again..... 

Is it a must that i pay forthe green card for my kids after the visa approval, or i can do this upon arrival in the US. I just want to know that it's safe to travel without paying for it first until i get in.

Anyone who knows the correct info can also jump in here. I would appreciate any feed back please!

@RedRose75 good afternoon. The fee can be paid once you get to the US. You have 90 days I believe. The customs officer will tell you. The 90 day timeframe USCIS has to process and mail the green card is based on the day you pay the fee or the date you arrive in the US. Therefore, if paid before arrival they can get started sooner, that's all.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
16 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

@RedRose75 good afternoon. The fee can be paid once you get to the US. You have 90 days I believe. The customs officer will tell you. The 90 day timeframe USCIS has to process and mail the green card is based on the day you pay the fee or the date you arrive in the US. Therefore, if paid before arrival they can get started sooner, that's all.

Hi Stacey Ann

Thanks again for the heads up. The kids did their medical and the doc said they passed their evaluation. He also said that i was very smart to have gotten all outstanding vaccines before coming to Andrews. Girl, let me tell you that if i didn't go to this place in Kingston I probably would have to travel with $100000 for all 3 just forvaccines alone. They had boosters that were outstanding plus the pnuemococcal and varicella and TDAP that are not government regulated that embassy need us to take in order to travel. The pnuemococcal for kids at Andrews is $14464 each and adults is $3500 to which i cannot understand the price range for both. Wheni took them to the place in Kingston i got the same vaccine for $3500 each. I save a bag of money with just that vaccine alone. The doc said i was smart to make that move. 

Just waiting now for that day.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RedRose75 said:

Hi Stacey Ann

Thanks again for the heads up. The kids did their medical and the doc said they passed their evaluation. He also said that i was very smart to have gotten all outstanding vaccines before coming to Andrews. Girl, let me tell you that if i didn't go to this place in Kingston I probably would have to travel with $100000 for all 3 just forvaccines alone. They had boosters that were outstanding plus the pnuemococcal and varicella and TDAP that are not government regulated that embassy need us to take in order to travel. The pnuemococcal for kids at Andrews is $14464 each and adults is $3500 to which i cannot understand the price range for both. Wheni took them to the place in Kingston i got the same vaccine for $3500 each. I save a bag of money with just that vaccine alone. The doc said i was smart to make that move. 

Yeah that's wise and the best route to take. We've discussed alternate facilities for vaccines on this thread in the past...please share the facility you went to here so others may take advantage of it as well. Hope you can enjoy JA while you wait for your interview date.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Yeah that's wise and the best route to take. We've discussed alternate facilities for vaccines on this thread in the past...please share the facility you went to here so others may take advantage of it as well. Hope you can enjoy JA while you wait for your interview date.

Thanks Stacey Ann.

I went to Immunization Services at 6 Trevennion Road, Kingston.

The prices are really good!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/1/2021 at 6:05 AM, RedRose75 said:

Hi Stacey Ann

Why is it so expensive for kids? my parents got some of their vaccine but not pneumococcal will that be $3500? 

Timeline

Good evening everyone. 

I just want to update everyone. I did my interview yesterday and was successful. I am now awaiting my passport. 

I just want to encourage those waiting that you are not alone and next year this time you will have different problems. This won’t be one of them.  Best believe Nothing happens before the time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.