Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, CynRob said:

hello Stacey hope all is good, 

@StaceyAnn  do you by chance have any idea on how much time do they give you once they notified you of an interview date ?

I'm asking because my husband and I are currently living in Grand Cayman and Thank God we got the approval for an expedite we requested due to Medical reasons just trying to figure things out since flights from here to Jamaica are limited and we will also have to go do the medical 

Hi @CynRob they usually give at least a 2 weeks notice but they are so unpredictable these days, it's hard to say. Some have gotten expedited interviews right away while others have waited 1-2 months. I hope you hear back soon.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, KD-Fletcher said:

@ShayP I'm curious about the same thing. I have been DQ since Sept 2020, expedite attempt was declined. They stated we have to wait our turn. But still no interview date.

@KD-Fletcher Hmmmm....I have received 3 pre-interview letters. Wondering if anybody has ever received a 4th. I dont have a reason to expedite. Sighs, this wait is unbelievable and cruel

2 minutes ago, shayP said:

@KD-Fletcher Hmmmm....I have received 3 pre-interview letters. Wondering if anybody has ever received a 4th. I dont have a reason to expedite. Sighs, this wait is unbelievable and cruel

What is a pre-interview letter? I didn't get that.

Is your case at NVC, wai6for interview date?

Also, what date were you Documentarily qualified?

Just now, KD-Fletcher said:

What is a pre-interview letter? I didn't get that.

Is your case at NVC, wai6for interview date?

Also, what date were you Documentarily qualified?

@KD-Fletcher its the same thing as the 60 day Documentarily qualified letter. I was Dq January 4, 2021....I got a letter after 60 days stating that they've received all documents, all fees and is in que for an interview and I dont need to do anything else. Got another 1 after 120 days stating the same thing, then another 1 last week stating the same thing. Case is at NVC

1 minute ago, shayP said:

@KD-Fletcher its the same thing as the 60 day Documentarily qualified letter. I was Dq January 4, 2021....I got a letter after 60 days stating that they've received all documents, all fees and is in que for an interview and I dont need to do anything else. Got another 1 after 120 days stating the same thing, then another 1 last week stating the same thing. Case is at NVC

Ok. I only received one of those notices via my online account with NVC in Sept 2020.

I made several queries since then, Oct 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021 (tried to expedite). Each time the response was still saying they are waiting on an interview date from the Consulate

3 minutes ago, KD-Fletcher said:

Ok. I only received one of those notices via my online account with NVC in Sept 2020.

I made several queries since then, Oct 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021 (tried to expedite). Each time the response was still saying they are waiting on an interview date from the Consulate

@KD-Fletcher right now mi give up...anything dem waa so, let them do it. Kmtt

18 hours ago, KD-Fletcher said:

@ShayP I'm curious about the same thing. I have been DQ since Sept 2020, expedite attempt was declined. They stated we have to wait our turn. But still no interview date.

@KD-Fletcher - I have a question regarding your email from NVC Expedite, after how many days you received email from them? Actually I have send them email on 26th July on this Email ID NVCexpedite@state.gov and I haven't received any email from them yet so I just wondering.

Edited by Shaily

2 hours ago, Shaily said:

@KD-Fletcher - I have a question regarding your email from NVC Expedite, after how many days you received email from them? Actually I have send them email on 26th July on this Email ID NVCexpedite@state.gov and I haven't received any email from them yet so I just wondering.

They took about 2 months to answer my request

On 8/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, Stacey Ann said:

Hi @CynRob they usually give at least a 2 weeks notice but they are so unpredictable these days, it's hard to say. Some have gotten expedited interviews right away while others have waited 1-2 months. I hope you hear back soon.

well here we are getting close to the date in the middle of uncertainty. 

@StaceyAnn I have been trying to get in touch with the embassy with no luck to get some clarification on quarantine because in order to do the medical in time I will have to do it in the middle of the 14 days require by the embassy. Or would be a better idea if I schedule the medical after the interview Not sure what to do and definitely don't want to mess this one up,

one again Thank you so much for any advise 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, CynRob said:

well here we are getting close to the date in the middle of uncertainty. 

@StaceyAnn I have been trying to get in touch with the embassy with no luck to get some clarification on quarantine because in order to do the medical in time I will have to do it in the middle of the 14 days require by the embassy. Or would be a better idea if I schedule the medical after the interview Not sure what to do and definitely don't want to mess this one up,

one again Thank you so much for any advise 

Hi @CynRob I am not sure why you would need to quarantine if you live in Jamaica but your medical is done before your interview once you receive an interview date from the embassy you register on the andrews website and arrange your medical appointment with Andrews. Call Andrews if you need further clarification. Good luck.

33 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Hi @CynRob I am not sure why you would need to quarantine if you live in Jamaica but your medical is done before your interview once you receive an interview date from the embassy you register on the andrews website and arrange your medical appointment with Andrews. Call Andrews if you need further clarification. Good luck.

@Stacey Ann that is the problem,  I don't live in Jamaica I will contact Andrews and see what they think. thank you Stacey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.