Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Unknown101 said:

So after 3 years of marriage and a year of processing finally got my interview today ... my DQ date was june 16 my original interview date was September 23rd .... my interview time this morning  was 7:30 

While I was waiting in line outside I notice they took picks from everyone in the line except for me .. they did even take my ds260 conformation page the only thing was taken from me was my original interview letter and the reschedule one and was staple together along with my passport .. the lady type my name in the tablet she had in her hand and told me to keep my belongings.. when I finally entered the building I got a paper with a number and was instructed to sit and wait for my name inside while others was waiting outside to me it was weird but I did as instructed.. after about 5 minutes  of waiting I heard my name I went to the window where I was ask for my police record original only my marriage and birth certificates.. I was also ask who was filing for me and what's her name .at that same window I did finger prints and then was instructed to sit and wait again.. while waiting there was a woman and her daughter interviewing rite infront me  i could hear everything.   I sat there for about 15 minutes from the starting to the finish of the lady and her daughter interview .. Then I heard the guard call my name sending me in a single room for my self I was wondering what was happening since everyone was at the windows interviewing but I kept calm I swore and took fingerprints again then the lady started asking the questions

Who is filing 

What's my wife's name how long have we known each other ..when last did I see my wife told her Sunday because my wife just left ... she ask how often she comes to see ..

Then she ask where do I plan on working in the U.S. when in answered she told me that's a good job and I should do it then she continued 

What job dose my wife do and her job position 

She ask me how do we communicate Dailey I said (whatsapp instagram )

She ask to tell her about how we met and when did the relationship got serious

She then went on to ask if I ever travel before have I ever been arrested or convicted then she ask  if we had kids together .. if i have a child and if my wife had a child i told her yes she asked his age i  was answering questions before they ask she didnt even get to ask his name .. then she asked who asked to get married I told her it was me then she ask me to tell her bout the wedding who was there and how many people were there ... after all that she ask to see wedding pictures  I took out my photos .And she skiped through about 6 out of the many I had and stop and ask who was the kid in the wedding picture I told her then she said congrats she had everything she wanted and I was approved😢😢😢🙏🙏🙏 gave me the domestic violence manual and told me to have a safe travel ... she kept my passport and told me to look out for carrier service to contact me when it's ready for pick up .. I was out of the building by 8:00 🕺🕺🙏🙏 

It was alot of questions for me .. but the CO was very nice 💞👍 

NOTE: nothing absolutely nothing was taken from me no transcript no biography page  no nothing only the original certificates and they were given back once I got approved 

Good luck to everyone that has pending interviews I hope y'all can learn something from this ... a know what you going to answer... be confident and bold and also respectful  also. She tried to confuses me once with the year lol asking me if I said 2005 🤣😂😀 tricks are for kids ..  I stop her and corrected her but I was kinda confused as to what year when she did that ..😂 so I took a little second and then answer .. but other than that it was a exciting interview I'll update y'all once I get my passport back ... I am sorry for the long message.. I just like to talk in details ... Good luck guys 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤❤

Raaaaay! I was looking out for your message. Praying you got through nice and smooth. 💪🏾
Congratulations! We finally made it through. 🥳🥳🥳🥳. Only up from here, happy holidays when you get to spend it with your family! 

12 hours ago, Unknown101 said:

I think that's after you pick up your passport and if I am not wrong I think you can pay that fee even after you enter the U.S I am not sure but I know someone who said they did so

Yes, you can pay after entering US. I was trying to pay the online visa fee but it is showing as An expected error occurred. When I read the instructions if the visa has been approved recently, wait for five days to get paid online.

I didn’t wait for five days, I reached the US within three days after pick up, and the immigration officer stamped my passport and requested to pay the fee before The visa expiry.

I assume that the entire process of green card and SSN will begin after the entry only. Upon the USCIS notice, the process will start.

Also, remember that while picking up the passport, there will be no package will be issued. Everything is made online, and all the documents will be transmitted online to the CBP officer.

Interview Question by CBP officer:
1. The flight number from Jamaica.
2. The complete address of the home in US and phone number 
3. Type of property - Apartment or private?

4. Where is your spouse living? Whether someone is travelling along with you?

5. How long being married? If it is a CR visa- say less than two years and IR visa- say more than two years.

Finally, the CBP officer will stamp the passport and gives you a welcome letter about the permanent residence guide.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Unknown101 said:

So after 3 years of marriage and a year of processing finally got my interview today ... my DQ date was june 16 my original interview date was September 23rd .... my interview time this morning  was 7:30 

While I was waiting in line outside I notice they took picks from everyone in the line except for me .. they did even take my ds260 conformation page the only thing was taken from me was my original interview letter and the reschedule one and was staple together along with my passport .. the lady type my name in the tablet she had in her hand and told me to keep my belongings.. when I finally entered the building I got a paper with a number and was instructed to sit and wait for my name inside while others was waiting outside to me it was weird but I did as instructed.. after about 5 minutes  of waiting I heard my name I went to the window where I was ask for my police record original only my marriage and birth certificates.. I was also ask who was filing for me and what's her name .at that same window I did finger prints and then was instructed to sit and wait again.. while waiting there was a woman and her daughter interviewing rite infront me  i could hear everything.   I sat there for about 15 minutes from the starting to the finish of the lady and her daughter interview .. Then I heard the guard call my name sending me in a single room for my self I was wondering what was happening since everyone was at the windows interviewing but I kept calm I swore and took fingerprints again then the lady started asking the questions

Who is filing 

What's my wife's name how long have we known each other ..when last did I see my wife told her Sunday because my wife just left ... she ask how often she comes to see ..

Then she ask where do I plan on working in the U.S. when in answered she told me that's a good job and I should do it then she continued 

She then went on to ask if I ever travel before have I ever been arrested or convicted then she ask  if we had kids together .. if i have a child and if my wife had a child i told her yes she asked his age i  was answering questions before they ask she didnt even get to ask his name .. then she asked who asked to get married I told her it was me then she ask me to tell her bout the wedding who was there and how many people were there ... after all that she ask to see wedding pictures  I took out my photos .And she skiped through about 6 out of the many I had and stop and ask who was the kid in the wedding picture I told her then she said congrats she had everything she wanted and I was approved😢😢😢🙏🙏🙏 gave me the domestic violence manual and told me to have a safe travel ... she kept my passport and told me to look out for carrier service to contact me when it's ready for pick up .. I was out of the building by 8:00 🕺🕺🙏🙏 

NOTE: nothing absolutely nothing was taken from me no transcript no biography page  no nothing only the original certificates and they were given back once I got approved 

Good luck to everyone that has pending interviews I hope y'all can learn something from this ... a know what you going to answer... be confident and bold and also respectful  also. She tried to confuses me once with the year lol asking me if I said 2005 🤣😂😀 tricks are for kids ..  I stop her and corrected her but I was kinda confused as to what year when she did that ..😂 so I took a little second and then answer .. but other than that it was a exciting interview I'll update y'all once I get my passport back ... I am sorry for the long message.. I just like to talk in details ... Good luck guys 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤❤

Congrats to you it’s a smooth road after this it’s best to pay the fee as you get your passport with the information on the paper inside. Good luck and safe travel to the USA 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Unknown101 said:

I think that's after you pick up your passport and if I am not wrong I think you can pay that fee even after you enter the U.S I am not sure but I know someone who said they did so

ok awesome thank you.

19 hours ago, Unknown101 said:

Who is filing 

FINALLY!!!!!!  I know you been here since day 1 glad to hear to finally done with all of this!!!! So happy for you!! Congrats!!!!! 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎉🎊

1 hour ago, AMO O said:

FINALLY!!!!!!  I know you been here since day 1 glad to hear to finally done with all of this!!!! So happy for you!! Congrats!!!!! 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎉🎊

Thanks sweedi ... trust me I almost lost it in waiting that long ... now we need staceyann to get approval from the 221g and every one else who was reschedule🙏🙏

27 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

Thanks sweedi ... trust me I almost lost it in waiting that long ... now we need staceyann to get approval from the 221g and every one else who was reschedule🙏🙏

I knowwww Stacey's 221g brought me to tears!!!! I can't wait for the Embassy to catch up on everyone's cases. The process is long enough as it is..but the cancelations made it even more paintful! Hopefully eveyones on can be united with their love ones before the end of the year. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

8 hours ago, Cris_K said:

Yes, you can pay after entering US. I was trying to pay the online visa fee but it is showing as An expected error occurred. When I read the instructions if the visa has been approved recently, wait for five days to get paid online.

I didn’t wait for five days, I reached the US within three days after pick up, and the immigration officer stamped my passport and requested to pay the fee before The visa expiry.

I assume that the entire process of green card and SSN will begin after the entry only. Upon the USCIS notice, the process will start.

Also, remember that while picking up the passport, there will be no package will be issued. Everything is made online, and all the documents will be transmitted online to the CBP officer.

5. How long being married? If it is a CR visa- say less than two years and IR visa- say more than two years.

Finally, the CBP officer will stamp the passport and gives you a welcome letter about the permanent residence guide.

I paid the fee the same day the passport was picked up. If you pay after you enter the U.S, you have 90 days.

Wow, when he entered the CBP officer just asked him the address of where he is going and stamped his passport, that was it. 

Timeline
On 12/5/2020 at 7:44 AM, Cris_K said:

Thanks for the update

Timeline
4 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Blessed Sunday everyone. All the best to those interviewing this week. 🙏🏾❤ 

You too!!

Timeline
On 11/29/2020 at 5:50 PM, Cris_K said:

Congratulations. Did you register for premium courier service or pick up from CRSA documents Centre? 

Did you upload the tax transcript on nvc before interview?

Timeline

Well Giys I am so sad and not confident anymore. After I wait so long lastnight I realise I have the wrong transcript. They are different type of transcript. The one my husband gave me is the wage and income trancsript instead of the tax return transcript.  He ask me the first dsy he gave it to me to ensure is the right trancript.  Now my interview is in 2 days and I will be getting a 221g.  At first my husband try to get transcript online but the system didnt recognize his information. He then asked irs for them to mail it to him. But is the wage and income transcript instead of the tax return transcript. I'M STRESS OUT RIGHT NOW. SO YOU ALL PREPARED FOR ME TO GET A 221G.

Edited by MS CANTY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.