Laytona Campbell

Traveling

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello everyone it’s been a while I can say that I received my tax transcript FINALLY after a hard time trying to get it, so my question is when can everyone start back traveling again with the airlines? Thank u 🙏🏾

1 hour ago, Laytona Campbell said:

Hello everyone it’s been a while I can say that I received my tax transcript FINALLY after a hard time trying to get it, so my question is when can everyone start back traveling again with the airlines? Thank u 🙏🏾

I'm trying to figure this out too. There's been some discussion of 'third countries' to visit in other threads, but it's mostly for people with European passports who have more options than our fiances do... 

Senegal's airport is planned to reopen on July 15, but I can't find details of what their testing and quarantine requirements are yet, or what countries they're going to allow in. (I read they're going to block all EU countries in reciprocation for not being allowed to travel to the EU.) I can't spend more than a week anywhere due to my work (if I can get them to approve international travel at all right now) so a 14-day quarantine could be a problem for me. 

As far as third countries go, I assume a Gambian passport is largely equivalent to a Senegalese one... Haiti is possible and apparently open, but flights are around $10k Dakar>Port-au-Prince, so that's out (not to mention the hassle of transit visas to connect in Paris or wherever). Gabon looks open, no quarantines, flights are reasonable, and we'd both need an e-Visa, but I don't know how hard those are to get approved. Bénin seems to be open, and has only a 48-hour quarantine while you wait for test results. USA needs a visa, but it's in the Cedeao so Senegal doesn't. Bali is supposedly opening in September and Indonesia is visa-free for Senegal, but I assume those flights get expensive too. 

I think you'd have to wait until the Gambian airport reopens. Land and sea borders with Senegal are still closed, so I don't think you guys could go through Dakar easily either...

Edited by green_rabbit

If you want to do your own research for a place to go, here are the sites I've been using to start, then double-checking against more official sources.

This website has information about what countries are open and what the requirements for entry are: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm but I've sometimes found slightly contradictory information if I look at the airport websites for those countries or the information on the US embassies in those countries. This page has similar information, but sometimes different details or more info about countries that plan to open soon: https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions 

This website can help you figure out what countries you or your fiance need a visa for: https://visalist.io/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 7/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, Laytona Campbell said:

Can you please share how you got your transcripts during the shut down? Thank you 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

Sure I fill out the request form I printed it out and sent it through mail and it took longer than ever so I finally received it last week from sending it since the end of June ..

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Can you please share how you got your transcripts during the shut down? Thank you 

And actually it’s form 4506-T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, Laytona Campbell said:

How did you manage to get your tax transcripts?

Thank you!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hilde said:

How did you manage to get your tax transcripts?

Thank you!

Go to IRS Tax Transcript and go to the blue printed icon to tax transcript 4506-T and fill out the form print it out and send it the address is below the second sheet it may take a bit longer but they will get it 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Laytona Campbell said:

Go to IRS Tax Transcript and go to the blue printed icon to tax transcript 4506-T and fill out the form print it out and send it the address is below the second sheet it may take a bit longer but they will get it 

Did you fill this out and request the transcript to an outside of the US address? How long did it take?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Did you fill this out and request the transcript to an outside of the US address? How long did it take?

Yes it’s out of state it takes 2 to 3 weeks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.