Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LiCaoli said:

I had to apply for the SSN. Since the option to automatically get the SSN is part of the form I765 (EAD), not the form I485, you shouldn't expect that the USCIS will send the SS Administration your information.

I still didn't get the number, will receive the card within 2 weeks.

That is what I was thinking but wanted to double check.  I'll make an appointment at the local SS office.  

Thanks for the help

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, minhnam138 said:

Had my AOS interview this morning. Approved 15 minutes after we left the building!

Congrats!! 🤩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/8/2021 at 9:38 AM, maw0122 said:

We are on day 61 :( 

Bio: January 5, 2021

Online Update to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken": January 6, 2021

I had my bio on Jan 5th and my EAD was approved yesterday. Hang in there, it’s coming!!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, pegagn said:

I had my bio on Jan 5th and my EAD was approved yesterday. Hang in there, it’s coming!!

Congrats!!! That is fantastic!! Oh man, you're message gave me some hope again this week :) 

Did you expedite it?  

Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 11:26 AM, maw0122 said:

Congrats!!! That is fantastic!! Oh man, you're message gave me some hope again this week :) 

Did you expedite it?  

No

Timeline

Woke up to a miracle today! Curious if it had anything to do with me calling the USCIS yesterday to complain 😂

hhh.png

Timeline

@Toby_HB It was a tier 2, was automatically directed to them, maybe because I called at 8:00 AM exactly. Mainly just told them I really need to work and asked why it was taking so long. I hadn't slept and was extremely grumpy 😂

Hey everyone, I got my EAD two weeks ago and still no SSN can someone please advise if i should go to the office or call the number that they have on the website? No idea how it all works with SSN 

Edited by Magda M

20 hours ago, Magda M said:

Hey everyone, I got my EAD two weeks ago and still no SSN can someone please advise if i should go to the office or call the number that they have on the website? No idea how it all works with SSN 

We had to call the local SSO and get an appointment. They are shut for normal operations. However, when we reached the appointment, the guy at the counter informed us that the card had already been mailed out and it would be delivered in 10 business days. So there was no need of the appointment... Our EAD was approved on Feb 12 and it took over a month to receive the SSN. But no harm in setting up an appointment.

Timeline

So uh, question. Are those notices of action for my EAD and AP important? Because my cat just knocked over my tea with her cone of shame (probably payback for getting her fixed) and now they're soaked 😳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.