Burnt Reynolds

California’s Governor Forbids Christians From Singing in Church Houses

33 posts in this topic

Golden State Christians have been ordered by California's governor to stop singing in church.

"Californians are still free to attend their house of worship. But they’re forbidden from singing or chanting," read the lead paragraph in a story published by the Sacramento Bee. 

The new guidance for places of worship was issued on July 1.

"Discontinue singing (in rehearsals, services, etc.), chanting, and other practices and performances where there is increased likelihood for transmission from contaminated exhaled droplets. Consider practicing these activities through alternative methods (such as internet streaming) that ensure individual congregation members perform these activities separately in their own homes," the 14-page order reads.

The previous guidelines only encouraged churches to "strongly consider" ending corporate worship, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The governor's office did not indicate how he intends to enforce the law. Can you imagine the optics of National Guard troops storming into California church houses and arresting choir members for singing, "A Mighty Fortress is Our God"?

“We have watched our elected leaders pray and sing with demonstrators in the streets. We invite them to join us Sunday to see we actually practice social distancing and we will obey the scripture to sing and admonish one another in the Lord," the pastor said.

It's an interesting point.

If Black Lives Matter protesters can chant, "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," why can't Christians chant, the Lord's Prayer?

https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2020/07/04/californias-governor-forbids-christians-from-singing-in-church-houses-n2571849

I imagine a lawsuit is coming, and the "Christian" John Roberts once again writes a majority opinion with Sotomayor, Kagan, Breyer, and Ginsburg tossing out the First Amendment. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Who is going to enforce this one?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

It's all houses of worship, not just churches, and all faiths, not just Christians. Just to make that clear because the headline doesn't.

That absolutely ridiculous absurdity will be ruled unconstitutional quicky 

Does it matter which relgion? I think most totalitarian regimes of the 20th century banned all religions equally 

9 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

That absolutely ridiculous absurdity will be ruled unconstitutional quicky 

Does it matter which relgion? I think most totalitarian regimes of the 20th century banned all religions equally 

No, it doesn't matter, but I was just clarifying here. The headline makes it seem that one religion was being singled out, when in fact it is all faiths. 

I don't know whether it is unconstitutional or not -- I don't pretend to be a lawyer. I suppose we'll find out. 

Have Christians being singled out in California for singing in services inside a church though? I mean, the singing ban was literally announced the other day, July 1st. Has there even been any enforcement yet? I don't see any reporting on that yet.

Why would there be enforcement of singing in mosques or temples? 

It's like making a "ban turbans" rule and saying it equally applies to all religions. It would obviously be targeted, and that's not including the other methodologies used to target a religion here in the last few months. 

Unequivocally, Christians are being targeted. 

Well, because there is singing in religious services of plenty of other faiths besides Christianity? I've been to services at synagogues and Jewish temples more than a few times, for bar and bat mitzvahs mostly. Like, cantors are definitely a thing! And there is definitely chanting at Buddhist temples, Hare Krishna services, Baha'i services, and on and on. I had to look up singing at mosques since I have never been to one, and it appears there is no singing there but I'm no expert. But it's not correct to say that Christianity is being singled out because there are multiple faiths that will be affected. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The law is racist, because it prohibits black congregants from singing, chanting, or shouting their praises.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Make the agenda less conspicuous and it won't be criticized+opposed. 

Targeting religion in general for exclusive rules is unconstitutional. Targeting specific religions is even worse.

Follows the same trash with moronic social distancing and mask rules that once again targeted specific people, including religions, including specific religions, yet BLM/Antifa were given exclusion to these rules for obvious reasons.

I need not list lawsuits successfully getting rules like this thrown out in court, because I made threads specifically about this already.

Gaslighting doesn't work here.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
7 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Targeting religion in general for exclusive rules is unconstitutional. Targeting specific religions is even worse.

Follows the same trash with moronic social distancing and mask rules that once again targeted specific people, including religions, including specific religions, yet BLM/Antifa were given exclusion to these rules for obvious reasons.

I need not list lawsuits successfully getting rules like this thrown out in court, because I made threads specifically about this already.

Gaslighting doesn't work here.

There's literal Christian prayer in schools and government. Money has "in god we trust" printed on it, but do go on about how Christianity is specifically being targeted and marginalized.

9 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

The agenda being conservative media and politicians portraying conservatives as victims. Of everything. I agree, make it less conspicuous. Or maybe just give it up. Yeah, it worked for a while. It was a good run. Eventually they have to get back to reality.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an